GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we read anything into the decision to search at Rock Cut State Park? Is that a random search area? Have they searched that far out before?

Should we read anything into the decision to search at Rock Cut State Park? Is that a random search area? Have they searched that far out before?

It's not that far out at all. A five minute drive maybe from the shopping area she was seen at to there. Lots of dense woods there and a lake. I don't think someone would put her in such a popular place when there are so many other rural areas where there are not hikers, skiers ect. But who knows.

Some of my family helped search a few days ago and they went to park and were dispatched to a totally different location - maybe they r meeting at rockcutand doing more of the same. Again who knows- Texas equasearch needs to come inand find her.

Honestly if the person is driving in the middle of the night it doesn't have to be an secluded area. It could be the Mississippi River or Lake Michigan.

It's crazy that someone from Machesney Park can get to Davenport and back in 4 hours and 4 minutes. They can get to Chicago and back in 3 hours and 20 minutes and Milwuakee and back in 3 hours.

great point scadder21. I'm curious to know when the last time gas was purchased and how much was in the tank when they found it. surely a few calculations might define a reasonable radius? MOO

Per Chad to WREX: (snipped)
"Kaltved says he doesn't believe Katrina ran away. According to him, she was supposed to be interviewed for a new job the day she was reported missing. "

She had an interview and yet she was shopping the night b4 and then went back out to shop more b4 heading back to a condo she was staying at????? Wonder what time that interview was? IMO.

great point scadder21. I'm curious to know when the last time gas was purchased and how much was in the tank when they found it. surely a few calculations might define a reasonable radius? MOO

Really there's no way to know is there. If she there is a video of her car driving at 3am unless they see the driver there is no way to prove it's not her.

If anyone drove towards Chicago on I 90 they would be seen on camera at numerous toll booths. If u don't stop then your iPass would be charged same with heading into Wisconsin via i90. Although tolls stop after Beloit I believe. The proximity to Milwaukee, Chicago and Iowa not to mention driving south in Illinois she could be anywhere. South of Rockford is nothing but open spaces and corn fields for miles. Or it used to be.

Wonder if that angle has been investigated yet by the police? Checking cameras on major highways leading out of town?

Really there's no way to know is there. If she there is a video of her car driving at 3am unless they see the driver there is no way to prove it's not her.

I know there are a lot of toll cameras around the eastern direction.
Moreover, my point was more that if she had recently purchased gas and the car was found with little gas used beyond any normal driving calculated and subtracted; then, that might eliminate any larger radius of miles to search or perhaps define a larger radius given the amount of gas / mileage used or remaining. (moo) again, just trying to sleuth something to assist.

I know there are a lot of toll cameras around the eastern direction.
Moreover, my point was more that if she had recently purchased gas and the car was found with little gas used beyond any normal driving calculated and subtracted; then, that might eliminate any larger radius of miles to search or perhaps define a larger radius given the amount of gas / mileage used or remaining. (moo) again, just trying to sleuth something to assist.

Who's to say that the person who took it didn't drive a great deal, gas up, then keep driving and get back and have it low. Really I doubt that they are looking at cameras that far away unless they are looking into a specific suspect.

I hope they are though.

It is possible that the perp used a vehicle other than Katrina's to take her out of the area. Then later went back to move hers to the location it was found?

jmo

It is possible that the perp used a vehicle other than Katrina's to take her out of the area. Then later went back to move hers to the location it was found?

jmo

I honestly doubt it. Where would her vehicle had been during the time they took her somewhere? Makes more sense for them to be driving her vehicle and then drive back, ditch the car, dump the purse and walk home.

I honestly doubt it. Where would her vehicle had been during the time they took her somewhere? Makes more sense for them to be driving her vehicle and then drive back, ditch the car, dump the purse and walk home.

my opinion concurs with your doubt. However, he was correct in it is "possible" I suppose imo; however, doubtful.

Who's to say that the person who took it didn't drive a great deal, gas up, then keep driving and get back and have it low. Really I doubt that they are looking at cameras that far away unless they are looking into a specific suspect.

I hope they are though.

that would open up the potential for gas station cameras and or cc transactions? I do see your point though.

Did the vigil actually happen tonight? Did anyone attend or hear about it?

that would open up the potential for gas station cameras and or cc transactions? I do see your point though.

Essentially if they don't believe it was a type of situation were the body was dropped way out of the area and the car brought back then I'm not sure they would pay attention to gas station cameras. I do think they have checked CC transactions but the use of cash can negate that.

Did the vigil actually happen tonight? Did anyone attend or hear about it?

Yes it was held. From friends that attended, very positive, lots of great Katrina stories. I inquired on TS, but yet to get a reply. Also, a good amount of community showed up.

Yes it was held. From friends that attended, very positive, lots of great Katrina stories. I inquired on TS, but yet to get a reply. Also, a good amount of community showed up.

What do you mean inquired on? Was he there?

There are 3 pics of of the vigil one appears to be Katrina's brother showing true grief.

When I mapped out this stuff, it certainly seemed feasible that a walk home was possible from where vehicle left to Tetterhall (isn't it like 3.5 miles?) going off memory here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie