GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Smith family that stands by him and has attended all family type events and holidays for the last 25+ years has the last name of Smith as well, so either his birth family is the one he reunited with after the Raprager's, or it is another Smith family that took him in after he was 17. Perhaps he was born a Smith, given up for adoption and it wasn't until after the incident at 17 that the birth family reunited with TS and he became family once again?

Also I hear so much talk about a "boyfriend" and that she was leaving TS, if that is the case, why hasn't this boyfriend come to light, or been questioned or made any statements. If there really is a boyfriend as many claim, then why aren't people wondering who he is and where he was the night she disappeared? If this is indeed true, then it is very suspicious that this information has not come out and I think it would have by now, which just leads me to believe this is not the case, along with the fact that Katrina posted just a couple weeks before her disappearance about TS being the love of her life in a happy anniversary post.

We do know that the car was at the location it was found early tuesday morning as a local cyclist that rides that route every day does recall seeing the vehicle there on Tuesday morning after she went missing. I am trying to find out what time, that way we at least have a timeframe between 9pm and xx am.

Welcome LMStyle! From your comments you sound like you are either a local or know TS or the Smith family? (i.e. and insider) Is that correct?

the "boyfriend" at this point is only a rumor. nothing in the news or from the family in public to confirm if there is a boyfriend. until there is some reason to believe that she had a boyfriend there isnt anyway to factor "him" into her disappearance. jmho...

Well the Smith family that stands by him and has attended all family type events and holidays for the last 25+ years has the last name of Smith as well, so either his birth family is the one he reunited with after the Raprager's, or it is another Smith family that took him in after he was 17. Perhaps he was born a Smith, given up for adoption and it wasn't until after the incident at 17 that the birth family reunited with TS and he became family once again?

Also I hear so much talk about a "boyfriend" and that she was leaving TS, if that is the case, why hasn't this boyfriend come to light, or been questioned or made any statements. If there really is a boyfriend as many claim, then why aren't people wondering who he is and where he was the night she disappeared? If this is indeed true, then it is very suspicious that this information has not come out and I think it would have by now, which just leads me to believe this is not the case, along with the fact that Katrina posted just a couple weeks before her disappearance about TS being the love of her life in a happy anniversary post.

We do know that the car was at the location it was found early tuesday morning as a local cyclist that rides that route every day does recall seeing the vehicle there on Tuesday morning after she went missing. I am trying to find out what
time, that way we at least have a timeframe between 9pm and xx am.

Based on what you are saying here I'm absolutely certain that you don't know Todd Smith as well as you claim since my information comes from an irrefutable source. Maybe I shouldn't say any more, are you possibly one of the guys standing by Todd claiming he could never have done this? Would hate to give you any evidence. Several of the statements you have made are flat out incorrect.

There is certainly a boyfriend - he has been interviewed and cleared by police. This happened very early in the investigation as well. He came forward without hesitation.

the "boyfriend" at this point is only a rumor. nothing in the news or from the family in public to confirm if there is a boyfriend. until there is some reason to believe that she had a boyfriend there isnt anyway to factor "him" into her disappearance. jmho...

It's a rumor for our site but it is a fact based on the current case.

I was just going to say that if there is a bf, LE knows who he is and has talked to him. If the fact that she had moved on and was seeing someone else contributed to her disappearance, they are probably keeping the identity and whereabouts of bf quiet ...

imo

It's a rumor for our site but it is a fact based on the current case.

how do we know its a fact if le or family has not publicly stated that she has a boyfriend?

eta: im not saying that i doubt it, im saying we have no confirmation of it..the locals that are here need to get verified so that we have some way of confirming this info...

:wave:
I haven't visited here in quite awhile but should have known that there would be a thread about Katrina.
I'm local and have friends very close to the investigative side of the case - believe I'm also acquainted with DG that Anna mentioned.
I have heard much is happening behind the scenes right now, hopefully this means Katrina will soon be found. Off to catch up on this thread :)

Hi McDonough!
:wave::wave:

I'm really hoping this whole thing is resolved soon. I'd be ecstatic to find out she ran off some place. I really fear that just isn't the case. The police don't seem to be requesting assistance or searching opening for witnesses. I know it was said by someone else earlier, but I'll say it again. They should be commended for the very tight lid they appear to have on the investigation.

Katrina where are you??

Welcome LMStyle! From your comments you sound like you are either a local or know TS or the Smith family? (i.e. and insider) Is that correct?

yes that is correct

Based on what you are saying here I'm absolutely certain that you don't know Todd Smith as well as you claim since my information comes from an irrefutable source. Maybe I shouldn't say any more, are you possibly one of the guys standing by Todd claiming he could never have done this? Would hate to give you any evidence. Several of the statements you have made are flat out incorrect.

There is certainly a boyfriend - he has been interviewed and cleared by police. This happened very early in the investigation as well. He came forward without hesitation.

I wouldn't want you to divulge too much information here regardless as some information could cause more harm that good. I am certain the 3 young smith daughters are already grieving enough over the current situation as well as the comments being made by many. No one on either side of the family needs or deserves the added pain from the comments many are posting on the FB site. In all of my interactions with TS and things I know over many years prompts me to believe he would never do such a thing, but regardless of my feelings, I am sure many have felt that way about someone only to be proven wrong. I certainly hope that is not the case and if it is, I will be absolutely shocked.

I haven't visited here in quite awhile but should have known that there would be a thread about Katrina.
I'm local and have friends very close to the investigative side of the case - believe I'm also acquainted with DG that Anna mentioned.
I have heard much is happening behind the scenes right now, hopefully this means Katrina will soon be found. Off to catch up on this thread :)

If DG is the person I think it is, meaning DanG then I think it's great and admirable that he is doing as much as he can to help with the searches. That said I am disappointed with many of the things he has posted on the FB page as it's extremely disrespectful and in poor taste and outright presumptuous at this early stage of the disappearance and investigation.

I can't believe we are still here, waiting for Katrina to be found.

Fact is police may already have a poi or suspect but may be waiting to find her before making an arrest.

Fact is police may already have a poi or suspect but may be waiting to find her before making an arrest.

So often the person is never found; I hope if LE has a suspect and evidence, they will make an arrest, regardless.

What would the be charged with?

Depends on what evidence there is, if any. People have been charged with murder without the victim being found several times; most recently, Mickey Shunick's killer, also April Jones, the little girl in Wales who is still missing. Josh Powell should have been charged with Susan's murder.

What evidence would you need?

Evidence that a crime had been committed, and that the person is most likely deceased, either by the lack of the person being available (for lack of a better word) or lack of activity by that person, the person no longer in contact with those she/he would be in contact with, etc. just some examples. In Mickey's case, it seems LE had evidence of the killer taking her and since she was not to be found anywhere alive and no scenario of her being alive somewhere made any sense, they went ahead and charged him with murder.

I am just hoping it's more a case like Jeanne Rysiewicz, which is still very sad and disheartening, but there is still a little relief that she is alive somewhere.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/indiana-woman-vanishes-from-dfw-airport/

The whole thing is extremely odd and mind boggling, but it does show that these things do happen.
I think the difference is that Rysiewicz appears to have left voluntarily while Katrina looks like she was the victim of foul play. I pray that is not the case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse