GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the welcome! I just never felt I had much to contribute. There are so many great minds here I felt very intimidated. :blushing:

Please don't feel that way ... we need you!

welcome to Websleuths - it is a wonderful group with warm hearts, interesting opinions, vast expertise, and now YOU :)

:greetings: :welcome5:

I tip my hat to LE for identifying her quickly and saving the family a ton of anguish while waiting. RIP Katrina, heaven has a new angel.

RIP Katrina :rose:

The buzz around town was that they knew it was her. I just didn't want to throw rumor out there.

The mood around here is somber. I think most of us here at WS knew it was going to end like this. But this community had high hopes.

I feel so sad for her loved ones. I know this is a terrible outcome but I am glad at least they can give her a proper burial. They will be able to visit a grave not wonder for the rest of their lives like so many unfortunate souls must endure.

:(

RIP Katrina :rose:

The buzz around town was that they knew it was her. I just didn't want to throw rumor out there.

The mood around here is somber. I think most of us here at WS knew it was going to end like this. But this community had high hopes.

I feel so sad for her loved ones. I know this is a terrible outcome but I am glad at least they can give her a proper burial. They will be able to visit a grave not wonder for the rest of their lives like so many unfortunate souls must endure.

:(

When you say there were high hopes, what does that mean? Did people think she ran off on her own?I know that people do not like to think the worst, but wondering what alternatives people were able to convince themselves may have happened.

Oh, damn, another beautiful soul gone too soon.
I'm sending prayers and healing hugs to her family and loved ones.
I hope LE is hot on the trail of the person(s) responsible and they are charged and punished SOON!
^i^ Rest in peace, Katrina ^i^ Your love and light will live on in those who loved you.

I tip my hat to LE for identifying her quickly and saving the family a ton of anguish while waiting. RIP Katrina, heaven has a new angel.

my 98 year old grandmother from Minnesota just joined Katrina Wednesday afternoon.

What a lovely new addition to heaven - They have touched so many hearts on earth no telling how many lives they will touch from above.

RIP

snipped: I am thankful that Katrina was able to be brought home and will be properly laid to rest.
So many missing are never recovered and the pain the family endures is beyond explanation or understanding.

RIP Katrina!

Prayers for her loved ones.

jmo

This is my thoughts also - I was concerned with snowfall soon to arrive that these results would not happen for several months, if at all.

When you say there were high hopes, what does that mean? Did people think she ran off on her own?I know that people do not like to think the worst, but wondering what alternatives people were able to convince themselves may have happened.

High hopes in the sense that people didn't want to give a moments thought to the obvious. People were hoping for that miracle. An accident causing amnesia, leaving to clear her head...but from what I have heard that was not in her character so people suspected the worst was most likely. No one wanted to go there in their minds so they were hoping for an out of character moment.

This is MOO but I think it was also hard for this community to believe a monster is freely walking among us if she was gone.

HTH

High hopes in the sense that people didn't want to give a moments thought to the obvious. People were hoping for that miracle. An accident causing amnesia, leaving to clear her head...but from what I have heard that was not in her character so people suspected the worst was most likely. No one wanted to go there in their minds so they were hoping for an out of character moment.

This is MOO but I think it was also hard for this community to believe a monster is freely walking among us if she was gone.

HTH

I guess I am too much of a cynic...I see wife missing, problems in marriage, and just hope the wife's body is found quickly. Not a good way to be, but it happens so often.

Not the first post I wanted to be making... I know everyone felt sure that body was Katrina but doesn't seem to make it feel any less like a punch in the gut when you see the words "confirmed as", or arrive to see the post retitled.

I've been here a little while, following Jessica, and stayed around because of Whitney - I found I woke up every morning and my first thought was "let them find her today". Katrina touched me the same way.

This is my thoughts also - I was concerned with snowfall soon to arrive that these results would not happen for several months, if at all.

Yep. It really was a race against mother nature imo. Thank God and all the searchers, it was divine intervention like the new poster MKS (WELCOME) stated above.

Throwing another thought out as you all look at maps and track the potential movement of a perp.
The car was left in the vicinity of Lathum Rd./251. It is possible that the Lathum Road to Meridian Rd to RT2 was used. This was the back road I always took headed down to Byron and further south. Why go through town when there is almost no traffic on Meridian. Just my thoughts.

I wonder what is happening at the Tetterhall home today? The poor girls. I hope they have lots of support and loving family. I wonder if there is a cause of death and how long it will take before we hear news of that.
GO LE! Praying this perp is locked away asap.

jmo

yes I feel bad for the step daughters as well - we try to shelter the young from the evil in the world ... sometimes it is just out of our control

So many lives have been affected by this horrible, selfish act ... it is such a dang shame.

Not the heading I wanted to see. :cry:

That body was somebody's, so I guess I'm glad it was Katrina's. At least her family can stop searching.

Rest in peace, Katrina.
:rose:

Darn it; another young, beautiful lady gone from this earth....

My heart breaks for her family and friends ((((hugs))))

Let's get the that did this....

RIP Katrina....you will not be forgotten and forever loved!!

This was the first MSM news reported on WS on Katrina being missing. Wish we could get a confirmation of the time she was reported missing or see a copy of LE's intake report. A red flag definitely went up for me when I read this news report. Wonder what the circumstances were that others did not report her missing earlier? Sure wish we could hear some inside information on this.

Reported by Knox on 10-27-2012, 10:34 a.m.

ROSCOE — The Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a 30-year-old woman missing since Monday night.

Katrina A. Smith of Machesney Park was last seen by her husband when she left their home to run an errand. The woman hasn’t been seen since.

The woman was reported missing by her husband Tuesday night at the Roscoe Police Department.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x25595849...g-Roscoe-woman

BBM

Katrina Smith’s vehicle was found abandoned at Obispo and Ventura in Machesney Park at approximately 7:50 p.m., Oct. 23. Neighbors reported seeing the vehicle parked at that location earlier in the day, unoccupied.

http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/3...ant-for-home-of-missing-machesney-park-woman/

<snipped>

This was the first MSM news reported on WS on Katrina being missing. Wish we could get a confirmation of the time she was reported missing or see a copy of LE's intake report. A red flag definitely went up for me when I read this news report. Wonder what the circumstances were that others did not report her missing earlier? Sure wish we could hear some inside information on this.

BBM

<snipped>

Thank you SouthernAnna...

Reported Tuesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics