GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she did tell him the truth?
And I am looking at him with more than a corner of my eye, until LE clears him.

True. She might have told him the truth, and he lied to LE. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he wasn't stupid enough to lie about something that was so easy for them to disprove.

I am wondering if maybe she was afraid if him, so she told him she was house sitting, so he wouldn't be angry with her.

:cop: :detective:

The following Link for the Winnebago Sheriff's Department press releases provides confirmation on who reported Katrina missing and the approximate time frame the "missing report" was taken. I am beginning to believe LE has a reason for not providing, as a public record, the specific time this report was taken by police. However, this was the first press release issued among several updates in the sheriff's department records on Katrina being missing.

Note: The Press Release was distributed on Oct. 24 -- and it clearly states she was reported missing to Roscoe Police in the evening of Oct. 23 -- just so no one gets confused on the dates. Apparently, Roscoe Police Dept doesn't have online records nor issue news releases. Locals might be able to walk in and request a copy of their intake report.

http://www.winnebagosheriff.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=324&Itemid=160

WINNEBAGO COUNTY SHERIFF'S
POLICE NEWS MEDIA RELEASE

Information: Missing Person
Date: October 24,2012
Time: 3:30P.M.
Page 1 of 1

On the evening of Tuesday October 23, 2012 Katrina A. Smith (white female/DOB 7-16-82/30yrs old) was reported missing to the Roscoe Police Department. She was reported missing by her husband.

At this point it is unknown if Ms Smith left on her own or if she is the victim of foul play. Winnebago County Sheriff’s Detectives along with Detectives of the Roscoe Police Department are conducting the investigation.

<snipped> and BBM

RIP Katrina. Prayers for her Loved Ones.

Has it been stated that he called ANYBODY looking for her before he reported her missing? I would think - if he really didn't know where she was - that he would call her friends, family, co-workers, to see if they knew where she was before going to LE. Did he talk to her family at all that day? Did he try to call Katrina?

LE is keeping this info close for a reason... imo.

I came here today hoping to see an announcement of an arrest in this case. I hope it happens soon.

I would think if my spouse was missing that before I called LE, I'd call his friends first to find out of any of them had seen him, ya know?? Did he call her family to ask if they'd seen her before he called police??? How was the family informed, (by whom) that Katrina hadn't shown up to work that day??? By co-workers? By her loving husband???

Not the first post I wanted to be making... I know everyone felt sure that body was Katrina but doesn't seem to make it feel any less like a punch in the gut when you see the words "confirmed as", or arrive to see the post retitled.

I've been here a little while, following Jessica, and stayed around because of Whitney - I found I woke up every morning and my first thought was "let them find her today". Katrina touched me the same way.

:Welcome1::welcome5:

Glad you decided to post even under these circumstances. Circumstances that we've all become too familiar with here on WS.

For all the new members that we may have missed your first posts

:welcome4::welcome3::greetings::welcome:

Sometimes it's so easy to miss welcoming new members when things are happening and the comments are coming in quickly but WE are so glad you are ALL here. Thanks for your contributions and don't be shy.

Thank you tiredblondy.. Now I'm just hoping to see Arrest appear in the title, and finding my way round the site.. tried listening to some scanner traffic yesterday.. don't know how anyone can keep up!

I haven't been on for a few days. I was sick to see she has been located deceased, although sadly not surprised :( I haven't read through the threads yet to see what has all happened, I will do that. I just wanted to say RIP Katrina

Zzzzzzz. Trying to be patient here! My first time here today and was hoping for some good news of an arrest!!!! Hey locals - anything being said or thrown around about our perp? Are most people speculating it was TS?

yeah in Rockford, everyone assumes TS is guilty, that is all you hear from everyone you talk to as they are just going on the news reports or LE press releases.

Zzzzzzz. Trying to be patient here! My first time here today and was hoping for some good news of an arrest!!!! Hey locals - anything being said or thrown around about our perp? Are most people speculating it was TS?

Only one station on with local news until 10 tonight. It has been eerily quiet on the news front although it seems there is lots of mud slinging among the ranks of family and friends.

I don't expect we'll have much from the MSM on the situation until the Police make an arrest.

I stand corrected:

Just found this on the WIFR website:

WIFR TV
Katrina Smith's family has decided to only speak with 23 News. We will air tonight's interview on the Update at 10. We know so many of you have been following this story.

Thank you tiredblondy.. Now I'm just hoping to see Arrest appear in the title, and finding my way round the site.. tried listening to some scanner traffic yesterday.. don't know how anyone can keep up!

Scanner already :what: you like to live dangerously LOL. It took me a long time to even stick my head in that room. I tried it on Kyron's initial missing months and all I can say it it takes a special skill I apparently do not have yet.:waitasec:

I seriously think Arrest will be there in the title at some point, sometimes it just takes longer than we like, personally I can say its my opinion that it always takes longer than I like.

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

First of all, I would like to remind all that is was reported that Katrina had a job interview on the day she was reported missing. If true, that is another source that may have been trying to reach her. If she had completed an employment application that asked for emergency contact info, that contact person may have been called or the interviewer just tried to reach Katrina.

Does anyone even know if she was still employed ... if so, she could have been taking the day off. My feeling is that bf, close friends, and family were attempting to contact her to see how the job interview went or other matters, and were unable to do so. Thus ... the beginning ... and I have no idea how that ties in with TS reporting her on Tuesday evening

I have also gathered a few questions from posters that we would all like more information on. Maybe some of these questions will be covered during the family's interview with WIFR tonight

WIFR TV
November 11, 2012

Katrina Smith's family has decided to only speak with 23 News. We will air tonight's interview on the Update at 10. We know so many of you have been following this story.
Whitney Martin, Journalist
------------

... I would like to know where he was the rest of the night after she went to do errands. Is there any proof that he remained home all night?

... his version of their marital status and hers. He says she was just 'house sitting' for a friend.

... But how many people would move out of their home and leave their husbands all alone, just as a favor to a friend that moved away?

... I think the obvious truth is that she was trying to escape the marriage

Has it been stated that he called ANYBODY looking for her before he reported her missing?
I would think - if he really didn't know where she was - that he would call her friends, family, co-workers, to see if they knew where she was before going to LE. Did he talk to her family at all that day? Did he try to call Katrina?

How was the family informed, (by whom) that Katrina hadn't shown up to work that day??? By co-workers? By her loving husband???

I don't think we actually know what happened due to vague language in the story. It said that the family felt something was wrong after she didn't go to work.

A. What family are they talking about? Todd? The girls? Katrina's sister?
B. How would they not know she went to work?
C. If work called Todd early why did it take till Tuesday night to report her missing?
If work didn't call him or anyone else how would the family know that she wasn't at work?

:cop: :detective:
I am beginning to believe LE has a reason for not providing, as a public record, the specific time this report was taken by police.

http://www.winnebagosheriff.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=324&Itemid=160

<snipped> and BBM

LMStyle, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you care about all of the family members. This must be so devastating. My thoughts are with you and everyone who knew and loved Katrina.

:(

Thank you, LMStyle and Snoopster

RIP Katrina Ashley Nalevac Smith
Hugs, Prayers, and Condolences to LMS, family, and friends...

Just seeing:

"Katrina Ashley Smith
July 16, 1982 - October 21, 2012"

"Visitation Nov 16 from 5-9pm and Nov 17 from 10-11am
Service Nov 17 at 11am"

is so, so sad, untimely, and final :(

I’m wondering why it reads Oct 21st…….
The full obituary will be posted Tuesday.

“She was last seen at around 9 p.m., Monday, Oct. 22” <snipped>
From: http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/26...man-continues/

Justice for Katrina!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads