GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, LMStyle and Snoopster

RIP Katrina Ashley Nalevac Smith
Hugs, Prayers, and Condolences to LMS, family, and friends...

Just seeing:

"Katrina Ashley Smith
July 16, 1982 - October 21, 2012"

"Visitation Nov 16 from 5-9pm and Nov 17 from 10-11am
Service Nov 17 at 11am"

is so, so sad, untimely, and final :(

I’m wondering why it reads Oct 21st…….
The full obituary will be posted Tuesday.

“She was last seen at around 9 p.m., Monday, Oct. 22” <snipped>
From: http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/26...man-continues/

Justice for Katrina!

I wonder if the date is a misprint (careless, if so) or if she was never actually seen by anyone else on the 22nd other than her spouse?

I wonder if the date is a misprint (careless, if so) or if she was never actually seen by anyone else on the 22nd other than her spouse?

Good Catch!

It has to be an error, as she was reported by Police to be shopping between 7 and 8 on the 22nd.

Thank you, LMStyle and Snoopster

RIP Katrina Ashley Nalevac Smith
Hugs, Prayers, and Condolences to LMS, family, and friends...

Just seeing:

"Katrina Ashley Smith
July 16, 1982 - October 21, 2012"
"Visitation Nov 16 from 5-9pm and Nov 17 from 10-11am
Service Nov 17 at 11am"

is so, so sad, untimely, and final :(

I’m wondering why it reads Oct 21st…….
The full obituary will be posted Tuesday.

“She was last seen at around 9 p.m., Monday, Oct. 22” <snipped>
From: http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/10/26...man-continues/

Justice for Katrina!

BBM: Whoa! Wait a minute......in cases like this, the DOD is usually the day the body is found. That's the official DOD for Jon Benet Ramsey, was the day she was found, not the day she was reported missing. In other cases, it's the same way. That would make Katrina's DOD November 10, 2012.

I realize the obit is written by info provided by the family, so in affect, they are saying that TS's sighting of her on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 9 p. m. is not even being considered as viable. IMO

BBM: Whoa! Wait a minute......in cases like this, the DOD is usually the day the body is found. That's the official DOD for Jon Benet Ramsey, was the day she was found, not the day she was reported missing. In other cases, it's the same way. That would make Katrina's DOD November 10, 2012. I realize the obit is written by info provided by the family, so in affect, they are saying that TS's sighting of her on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 9 p. m. is not even being considered as viable. IMO

ITA, Seajay, either it's an error, or there's something up with the dates.....we'll see when the full obit comes out Tuesday.

anyone have a link to the wifr interview with the family at 10pm tonight? i cant get mine to work...aaaarrrrgghh!

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Only-on-23-News-Family-of-Katrina-Smith-Speaks-Out-178750521.html

Only on 23 News: Family of Katrina Smith Speaks Out

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- The family of a missing Machesney Park woman speaks out for the first time since the victim's body was found in the Rock River nearly three weeks since she went missing.

“My biggest fear was never finding her, so it gave me a little relief here,” says Katrina Smith’s mother Vicki Nalevac.

Family members say they are devastated by the news. Katrina’s loved ones and complete strangers have been searching the Stateline since she went missing. Winnebago County detectives are not releasing Katrina’s cause of death. They think it could hurt the investigation. An off duty fire fighter spotted Katrina in the water just south of Byron on Friday. The case has spanned multiple cities; police say Katrina’s car was found in Machesney Park while her wallet was found in Rockford. Family members say they want answers.

maybe its not live or recorded??? just an written interview?

eta: it says they will air the interview...i cant find a streaming that works...

Try>>>>

http://ww2.wifr.com/global/video/fl.../167/11750/v0001/reflector:32368&h1=Streaming 23 Weather Now&at1=News&LiveURITitle=Streaming%2023%20Weather%20Now&LaunchPageAdTag=News&fvCatNo=undefined&secure=undefined&akPort=undefined&akProfile=undefined&rnd=99425496You may have to push the pop up viewer button, I had to as the streaming didn't work for me either

maybe its not live or recorded??? just an written interview?

eta: it says they will air the interview...i cant find a streaming that works...

http://www.wifr.com/home/misc/Live_Stream_Test_WIFR_121400784.html

Regarding the date: It is posted on the FB page that it was an error and will be corrected.

The interview was a disappointment to me. However, it was mentioned that the husband was in fact present for it although he wasn't shown in the short clip. I am expecting more to air in the next few days.

Also stated Police indicate they are not releasing cause of death as not to hinder the investigation.

Hopefully, they'll have the clip posted soon.

so the clip was at the very beginning? but will air again after the news is over? im confuzzled ...lol

oh well, i see we have amandareckonwith on the board .... she is a wizard with these things...:)

so the clip was at the very beginning? but will air again after the news is over? im confuzzled ...lol

You missed the interview, it was at the very start of the broadcast. Usually the will post the clip with the corresponding text story shortly after the completed broadcast is over.

Please note, there isn't much in the clip that isn't already included in the text. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003