GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know she wasn't reported missing until late the following day? New reports stated that family reported her missing after she did not show up for work.

Do you know what time she was reported missing, or are you mixing up the time her car was found with the time she was reported missing?

Even if it was early the next day-that still allows for plenty of time for someone to drive her pretty far from home. But worrying that someone is not at work, and reporting them missing right away, are two different things, too.

RIP Katrina, prayers going out for all who loved you.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Police--175864701.html

The family knew something was wrong when she didn't show up to work.

it does say this ^^^ but if they knew that day why didnt anyone search that day for her when she didnt come to work? searches started at least one day after she was missing. in my opinion, this does not indicate when she was reported missing...and is misleading to state it as such. jmho, imo, moo and all that

Such a waste of a beautiful young lady with her whole life ahead of her. RIP sweet Katrina. You are loved by so many. May her family find peace. Another sad day.

Strictly MOO but from here its going to unravel fairly quickly(especially when compared to many cases here).. MOO is that those responsible will be soon arrested/charged.. MOO is that we are not going to see the frustrating issue of knowing "who dun it" and watching them carry on with their care free life after murdering their "loved one".. They're going down soon..jmo

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Police--175864701.html

The family knew something was wrong when she didn't show up to work.

it does say this ^^^ but if they knew that day why didnt anyone search that day for her when she didnt come to work? searches started at least one day after she was missing. in my opinion, this does not indicate when she was reported missing...and is misleading to state it as such. jmho, imo, moo and all that

Yeah I posted that because what I was responding to was a post that said "she was not reported missing until late the following day". Which wasn't the case, the car was found late the following day at 7:50pm, but we still do not know exactly when she was reported missing. All we have for facts is that the husband reported it, and that the news states a family member reported it after she didn't show up for work, so sometime between her not showing up for work and when the car was discovered.

Thank you for looking through the archives looking for that, I had no idea it was that much trouble, but I appreciate that you took the time to search for it.

Now to grieve for the loss of Katrina and wait for more information and hope those involved are brought to justice quickly.

I hope an arrest is quickly forthcoming. But they will still need evidence and if they did not have enough before finding her body, there may not be enough now.

This is awful, tragic, so sad but it is an ending that I suspected. I am thankful that Katrina was able to be brought home and will be properly laid to rest.
So many missing are never recovered and the pain the family endures is beyond explanation or understanding.

RIP Katrina!

Prayers for her loved ones.

jmo

Prayers for Katrina's family and friends. She had such a nice smile. This was so senseless!

Dang! I mean, we all knew it was her, but I still feel gut-kicked.

~sad

i want whom ever has done this to be drawn & quartered in the public square. seriously.not.joking.

MKS- welcome, I don't know how you were able to just lurk for so long. I belonged to a different sleuth page and while googling I found this place. I never went back. lol

Thank you for the welcome! I just never felt I had much to contribute. There are so many great minds here I felt very intimidated. :blushing:

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member