GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a jealous new love interest that did NOT like the fact that she went back to the home she and the spouse shared.

We would know this from LE by now if this was the case. Plus it makes little sense. We would have a text message of a fight or something to that effect. That 3rd scenerio is the least likely of the 3 mentioned.

BTW I don't think the masked person was an ex of someone she was dating.

Yes. A person who had been in a relationship with a psychopath, would have a higher likelihood of attracting and being attracted to another psychopath in the future. Even when trying to consciously avoid the same type of person again, it just seems to happen. It doesn't help that psychopaths can be highly charismatic and likeable, at first.

IMO there hasn't been much evidence of anyone else having MOTIVE for the murder, psychopathic or not. Hypothetically, if she had started dating a psychopath, it was still new enough that a jealous motivation wouldn't have developed yet.

IMO the only other person with motive would be an Ex of a man that the victim was dating.

Of course there is motive. Katrina was leaving a marriage of 7 years.

Thanks. I don't see any reason that a brand new boyfriend would kill her just for her going by her home that her husband is living in. Why do that ?

Because from what I have seen, the "boyfriend" has record just as long which IMO fits the crime more so than the husbands.

We would know this from LE by now if this was the case. Plus it makes little sense. We would have a text message of a fight or something to that effect.

Based on everything LE has told us so far we would DEFINITELY know this was the case, as they have given us so much information so far :what:

It only makes little sense if one is trying to tie the husband to the murder. We already know all we need to know if the husband did it, but what if someone else did? If TS did it, then we already know why. But think if today or tomorrow LE came out and said, the husband is cleared, the boyfriend is cleared, do you even consider other scenarios of who might have done it or why? Or are you just so vehemently set that there are just no other possibilities.

Yeah Yeah I am a friend of the family, so I am completely blinded by my closeness that I am completely unwilling to see that it is so obvious that the husband did it and I should stop considering any other POI or scenarios in which he is NOT involved. I could be wrong, or I could be right, but if it did come out that the husband wasn't involved, I won't be the one going back through 100 pages of posts looking for evidence that points to someone else.

As far we would have evidence of a text message fight or something, we can't even get the TIME the missing person report was filed, but we should believe if there was a text message alluding to a fight between her and the "boyfriend" we would have that information?

Also what if there was no text to be found, what if, granted I am thinking outside the box here since it doesn't involve the husband, but what if the sometimes angry-jealous boyfriend was watching her, followed her from the Tetterhall home to where she went to run her errand and confronted her in person there and that is where things went bad?

Of course there is motive. Katrina was leaving a marriage of 7 years.

I agree with you, so maybe I wasn't being clear. The people with the most motive are the people with time invested in relationships that have recently ended. That would be Todd and the female Ex of Katrina's new boyfriend. I am sure LE is looking at both of them.

New relationships rarely end in jealous murder. It takes time to get past the honeymoon phase and into the possessive phase.

LM -

I don't believe that the boyfriend has been named in MSM, however; can you give us a round about of his legal woes as well as anything about him that won't link to direct sleuthing?

Also - from what I remember hearing - can you confirm that the boyfriend broke up with Katrina to go back to his wife? My thought is - if he ended things w/ Katrina to resume his current marriage, why would he kill her? There wouldn't be much motive there but that can open a can of worms for someone else such as a wife of a cheater. Not that I think that this is the case here but looking for clarity on the boyfriend.

Unfortunately, I want to think outside of the box but we don't have a lot to go on here and honestly, I think we can all agree that this wasn't some stranger random attack.

I'm curious whent he last time someone besides TS saw her. It was reported that she didn't show up to work on Tuesday, Oct. 23. However, the only statement I recall is that it is TS that said he saw her that night. Was she at work on Monday, Oct. 22, the day he said he last saw her? Who saw her last at work and did anyone see her that evening....

Concerning there is no suspect, arrest, etc....

She was on video shopping around 8pm that evening. IIRC

Correct me if I am out of line, but Meghan Dwyer on her WIFR 23 official FB news page has issued this post (so I am assuming MSM?): "KATRINA SMITH BREAKING: The State's Attorney has called a 3:45 press conference about the Katrina Smith Investigation! I'll be there. I have no more details."

WIFR is reporting the same and it is about the Katrina Smith case praying it is an arrest...

WIFR should be streaming the presser live.

(crossing fingers for news)

WIFR should be streaming the presser live.

(crossing fingers for news)

" .....Smith case. The conference will be held at 3:45 today. We plan to stream this conference live on wifr.com."

^^ Streaming on WIFR's website...

I have a feeling that this is the news that we have all been waiting for.

Comment on the WIFR Facebook page suggests there's been an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdeem713