GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.onrockfordnews.com/2012/11/21/katrina-smiths-husband-booked-for-her-murder/

Katrina Smith’s husband booked for her murder

*Todd C. Smith was arrested Wednesday, Nov. 21.

By Jim Hagerty
ONRockford News

Todd C. Smith, husband of murder victim Katrina Smith, was arrested Nov. 21, in his wife’s death, multiple sources told ONRockford News Wednesday afternoon.

While official charges against Todd Smith will be announced at 3:45 p.m., by Winnebago County State’s Attorney Joe Bruscato, it is believed Smith is being held on the charge of first-degree murder...."

http://www.onrockfordnews.com/2012/11/21/katrina-smiths-husband-booked-for-her-murder/

Katrina Smith’s husband booked for her murder

*Todd C. Smith was arrested Wednesday, Nov. 21.

By Jim Hagerty
ONRockford News

*snip*

Todd C. Smith, husband of murder victim Katrina Smith, was arrested Nov. 21, in his wife’s death, multiple sources told ONRockford News Wednesday afternoon.

While official charges against Todd Smith will be announced later this afternoon by Winnebago County State’s Attorney Joe Bruscato, it is believed Smith is being held on the charge of first-degree murder.

Not a surprise here. So very sad!! Why? Why can't these men just let these women go and be happy without them?

:sigh:

Well, well. Thank goodness. So sorry for her loved ones, though.

I am not surprised. He seems like the most likely suspect, imo. I hope LE has some solid evidence.

Has the presser started? Can see a few people on the FB pages saying they can't see the stream (and I can't either!)

Oh gosh, I hope those girls have a strong support system through their mother and friends.

I hope her family finds some kind of closure now... :praying:

I wonder if any of them are surprised?

JMO

Tweets from Kevin Haas (Rockford Register Star journalist)

Kevin Haas @KevinMHaas
Bruscato: Todd Smith charged with 1st degree murder

Kevin Haas @KevinMHaas
Bruscato: smith held on $4 million bond, four counts of 1st degree murder and concealing murder

KevinMHaas: Bruscato: Charges on Smith, Katrina's former husband, are for brutal and heinous murder. :furious:

KevinMHaas: Todd Smith will have his first court appearance Saturday.

I just want to say to our poster here that is close to TS, I am deeply sorry for the disappointment that you must feel.

I know that his family/friends are also victims here. I am glad that there will be justice for Katrina (there are many cases that do not get such a resolution), but I am terribly sad for everyone involved.

Prayers for Katrina's friends/family (epecially the children). Prayers for TS friends/family.

KevinMHaas: Deputy Chief Iasparro said not much info on the investigation will be released at this time.

I'm so sorry for Katrina .. that the last face she saw was someone that she used to love .. beating her to death. Must have been terrifying ..

So, next question .. I wonder if he had help disposing of her ... near Byron...

imo

I am,sorry for,the pain our posters are going through who,are,close to TS...

(Sorry for iPadisms...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member