GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Thanksgiving Todd Smith. Finally some closure, but I am sure it is painful for the remaining family members. They will be in my prayers.

Well, I'm glad there's an arrest but like others I just feel hugely sad for everyone touched by this, including those who knew Todd.

KevinMHaas: Smith was arrested while a passenger in a vehicle near a Spring Creek Road neighborhood by Sheriff's police.

did anyone see the presser? i couldnt get it to go on wifr?

I, too, tried a couple of links... But was not able to find one that worked...

I often have that problem with presses, etc., that are not in CA.

ETA.. but I,always,get the best updates from my fellow WSers! :seeya:

TIA

I agree about the concern for his daughters and family. Those girls lost a stepmom that they seemed to really love. And to have their father arrested for the murder, it must be devastating. :mad:

KevinMHaas: Criminal complaint filed against Todd Smith wasn't available yet in circuit clerk's office yet. We hope to have it by end of day.

sorry for the O/T... But I wish somehow the Grand Jury would get on board for Sky, SM, and MM...:please:

Thank God the killer is off the streets.
I am so sorry for all who loved Todd, but especially Katrina.
I pray for Katrina's family and all who loved her.
One step closer to justice for Katrina.
May she rest in peace.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.. I was away for a few hours. Just sat down and saw an update on the FB page and just knew there had to be an arrest.

So sorry for Todd's daughters, what a double blow.

I haven't read any MSM articles yet so I don't know the who's, why's, how's but I am so relieved that there will be justice.

Hugs to all of you here - although there is an arrest and relief, it's bitter sweet. Being killed by someone you trust and loved, is IMO the ultimate worst thing ever.

LM--sorry for your loss as well. Stick around here!!

ROCKFORD (WIFR) -- Todd Smith has been charged with the murder of his wife Katrina Smith.

Smith is the Machesney Park women who went missing on October 13th. Her body was found in the Rock River, just south of Byron, on November 10th. According to Winnebago County States Attorney Joe Bruscato,

Todd Smith faces 4 counts of murder, two of the counts face a prison sentence of 20-to-100 years, two others would result in a sentence of 20-to-60 years. Bond has been set at 4 million dollars.

23 News Reporter Megan Dwyer will be live at five from the Winnebago County Jail and we'll also have part of an exclusive interview that Todd Smith gave 23 News Weekend Anchor Whitney Martin before Katrina Smith's body was found.

Stay tuned for the latest developments at 23 News at 5.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Todd-Smith-Indicted-in-Katrina-Smith-Case--180423311.html

Rapranger instead of Smith...

Interesting...

Does anyone know why this might be?

TIA
I was wondering the same. Unless the name change was not a legal change? Otherwise I have no clue..... LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966