GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was listed as Rapranger originally just to try to stall the word from getting out sooner than they would like then? It was Rapranger and now he is booked under Todd Smith. Strange...

So now we know. Not a surprise, logically everything was pointing his way but still makes you sad.

I feel for everyone who believed in and supported him, including our own poster here at WS, LMStyle.
icon9.gif

*sigh*
I guess deep down I knew how this would turn out, but I was really, really hoping it wouldn't be him - for the girls sake and, like you said, those who supported him.
It's all just so senseless. :(

Name:

SMITH, TODD CHRISTOPHER

Booking Date:

11/21/2012 4:24:00 PM

MID:

Height:

5' 6''

Weight:

Race:

White

Eyes:

BLU\BLU

Hair:

BROWN

Next Court Date:

11/24/2012 13:30

Bail Amount:

$400,000.00

Custody Status:

Felony Pending Arraignment

Bail amount reflects the actual amount needed for release. Bail amount does not include $30 bond fee or other additional charges.

just reading the charges make me ill...and seeing his mug makes me so angry.. i really want to hear what his "defense" is going to be....:furious:

i see that we have 18 guest with us tonight...register and join the conversation!!

115 pounds? He sure is small guy. I weight more than he does. Makes you wonder how he over powered Katrina. Has a COD been released yet besides it being "heinous"?

I just cannot believe that he remained among the community, around friends, and around family just carrying on with life in general...

People who commit these crimes think so differently than the majority of the human race...

:(

When the bail amount says $400,000.00 is that the amount needed in cash or is it a lesser amount like 10% of that? Is there any way he could make bail in anyones opinion?
Is that a "normal" amount for this type of crime?

I always follow along missing but understand little about the court process.

jmo

Just as expected. I'm glad we aren't kept in the dark anymore. This was Crime Investigation 101, text book. All the signs and markers pointed to it. Before you start looking for outlaws, look at the in laws. Posters who said it was Todd all along, weren't being mean, they were working the case, looking at an obvious suspect. He couldn't be eliminated.

And no matter how well you think you know someone, you never really do. Husbands and wives find that out all the time when they discover their partners have had secret lives.

My consolences to the family, to the daughters, to Katrina's loved ones. I pray for justice for Katrina.

When the bail amount says $400,000.00 is that the amount needed in cash or is it a lesser amount like 10% of that? Is there any way he could make bail in anyones opinion?

jmo

Bond is $4 million

Bail is how much he needs in cash to be released.

jmo

his bail is $4million...if it was bond then it could be a percentage...thats my understanding.

snipped:

Bail Amount: $400,000.00
Custody Status: Felony Pending Arraignment
Bail amount reflects the actual amount needed for release. Bail amount does not include $30 bond fee or other additional charges.

jmo

If he can bond out, it will cost $400K, which is 10%. They must see him as a flight risk to set bail so high. Unless he or a family member has $400K in cash accessible, he'll either have to find a bail bondsman or stay there. He'll have to have collateral. Since the house is Katrina's, someone else can co-sign for him if they want to, but I don't think he can touch the Tetherhall house for collateral.

his bail is $4million...if it was bond then it could be a percentage...thats my understanding.

snipped:

bail amount: $400,000.00
custody status: Felony pending arraignment
bail amount reflects the actual amount needed for release. Bail amount does not include $30 bond fee or other additional charges.

5' 6" 115 lbs .... oh, he could incapacitate her with one well placed blow .. but there is no way in heck he was able to pick up her dead weight 3 times ... in the vehicle, out of the vehicle, into the river .... didn't happen alone imo.

Even Drew P had to have help with Stacy .......

Another arrest coming. imo

Name: SMITH, TODD CHRISTOPHER
Booking Date: 11/21/2012 4:24:00 PM
MID: 3241
Height: 5' 6''
Weight: 115
Race: White
Eyes: BLU\BLU
Hair: BROWN
Next Court Date: 11/24/2012 13:30
Bail Amount: $400,000.00
Custody Status: Felony Pending Arraignment

Register for updates on this inmate from Illinois VINE

CHARGES:

720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-1 MURDER/INTENT TO KILL/INJURE

720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-2 MURDER/STRONGPROB KILL

720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-1 MURDER/INTENT TO KILL/INJURE

720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-2 MURDER/STRONGPROB KILL

720 ILCS 5/9-3.1-A CONCEAL HOMICIDAL DEATH
Winnebago County Sheriff's Office • 650 W. State St. • Rockford, IL 61102-2201 • 815-319-6000
Copyright © 2012 Winnebago County Sheriff's Office. All rights reserved.

5' 6" 115 lbs .... oh, he could incapacitate her with one well placed blow .. but there is no way in heck he was able to pick up her dead weight 3 times ... in the vehicle, out of the vehicle, into the river .... didn't happen alone imo.

Even Drew P had to have help with Stacy .......

Another arrest coming. imo

Sorry to copy myself ....

But, I guess they could (or maybe have already) squeeze the accomplice to cement their case against TS ..

I really don t think he disposed of her alone ...

imo

Just as expected. I'm glad we aren't kept in the dark anymore. This was Crime Investigation 101, text book. All the signs and markers pointed to it. Before you start looking for outlaws, look at the in laws. Posters who said it was Todd all along, weren't being mean, they were working the case, looking at an obvious suspect. He couldn't be eliminated.

And no matter how well you think you know someone, you never really do. Husbands and wives find that out all the time when they discover their partners have had secret lives.

My consolences to the family, to the daughters, to Katrina's loved ones. I pray for justice for Katrina.

This is so devastating for his daughters and they will forever be changed. Both family's have been so tragically effected by his actions. My heart goes out to them all.

Is that weight right? That is really tiny for anyone, but for a man even more so. I weigh 115 at 5'3. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member