GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to copy myself ....

But, I guess they could (or maybe have already) squeeze the accomplice to cement their case against TS ..

I really don t think he disposed of her alone ...

imo

Hmmmm... Good point.... LE may have already been having little,conferences with accomplices!....

This is so devastating for his daughters and they will forever be changed. Both family's have been so tragically effected by his actions. My heart goes out to them all.

and something tells me HE feels like the victim... That HE was treated so unfairly in life... That HE had no choice but to commit this heinous crime!:banghead:

Moo is that yes, Todd is an extremely scrawny size and in many different ways such a murder/disposal would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to complete all alone without any assistance..

But IMO to the contrary there IMO are several different ways in which its absolutely possible to complete the murder/disposal all alone and without any assistance..

Long ago I stated my opinion about Katrina's car being the main and sole source of much of the evidence due to it being the actual crime scene, along with actually being the source of transport and disposal of her body into the river.

I absolutely find it plausible that the attack mainly occured inside her car..not to get too graphic but a single, hard blow to the head would render her incapacitated therefor not trying to flee from the vehicle and attack.. This type of blunt force trauma would be easily accomplished by Todd all alone(especially since IMO the brutal force used is indicative of deep seated anger, resentment and hate)..

From there Todd simply uses the vehicle as the mode of transport to the disposal location(Rock River).. The only true hard labor would be his dragging the body from the vehicle, across the terrain of the side area of this area of the river, and quite literally drag the body into the actual river.. Job accomplished all alone by 5"6, 115lb, Todd Smith.

He drives her vehicle to the spot off the side of the road where he abandoned it and destroys everything that he had on that night/morning.. He IMO even tho small in stature and frame absolutely could have done it all himself with minimal exertion for the most part.. Dragging a body out of a car is quite simple..what is difficult is the opposite of trying to get a body into a car..jmo..getting it out is definitely doable by almost anyone, any size.. From there as described everything else would be doable and there is no indication that the body was thrown out into gteat depths or the middle of the river..jmo

While I have given my opinion on the possibility of involvement to some degree of an accomplice I do not however believe that an accomplice was necessary in order for Todd to have murdered/disposed of Katrina..jmo..

My apologies I attempted to be as non-graphic as I possibly could in attempting to give a possible scenario of how Todd quite easily could have done this completely solo..

All jmo, tho

yeah, im 5'6 and 125, so yeah i agree...hes a tiny little guy...imo

Well... I am 5'9 and 115.... And I am so lying!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think I will leave it at I am bigger than he... And would have liked to have sat on him!

:sumo:>>>>>>IHNC

:stretch:>>>>>TS

:smile:

Thanks for the much needed moment of huge comic relief, IHAVENOCLUE!...am still smiling at the excellent depiction you gave to go along with the statement..complete with sumo wrestling smilies and even flat smashed smilies to boot...lol..too funny you are..

Smooth ... so in your theory, is she sitting in the driver's side of her car when she is incapacitated? If so, he has to move her in order to drive the vehicle. Where did all this violence take place in her vehicle?

I think there is a specific reason that he stated she was living in the house and was there that night ... because he knew there might be evidence of her being in that house.

imo

Bond is $4 million

Bail is how much he needs in cash to be released.

In Illinois Bail (what he would have to pay to get out) is 10% of the bond.
4 million bond = 400 thousand needed to be released.
FYI Illinois does not have bond bailsmen.

If he can bond out, it will cost $400K, which is 10%. They must see him as a flight risk to set bail so high. Unless he or a family member has $400K in cash accessible, he'll either have to find a bail bondsman or stay there. He'll have to have collateral. Since the house is Katrina's, someone else can co-sign for him if they want to, but I don't think he can touch the Tetherhall house for collateral.

This may have been already stated (catching up) but IL does not have bail bondsmen.

Thanks for the much needed moment of huge comic relief, IHAVENOCLUE!...am still smiling at the excellent depiction you gave to go along with the statement..complete with sumo wrestling smilies and even flat smashed smilies to boot...lol..too funny you are..

Thanks for letting me be a little silly... Sometimes it helps to clear my heart and head...

:seeya:

If he can bond out, it will cost $400K, which is 10%. They must see him as a flight risk to set bail so high. Unless he or a family member has $400K in cash accessible, he'll either have to find a bail bondsman or stay there. He'll have to have collateral. Since the house is Katrina's, someone else can co-sign for him if they want to, but I don't think he can touch the Tetherhall house for collateral.

My guess is that he will not be able to bond out. Heard from someone in Rockford that he was "moving money around" and that they do feel he is a flight risk.

Well... I am 5'9 and 115.... And I am so lying!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think I will leave it at I am bigger than he... And would have liked to have sat on him!

:sumo:>>>>>>IHNC

:stretch:>>>>>TS

:smile:

I love you IHAVENOCLUE....LOL:floorlaugh:

If he blames this on his parents I will puke!!!

Like a friend who is a therapist says:
Once you are old enough to see a direct correllation between the parenting you received and your actions/behaviors; you are old enough to take responsibility for working through it and changing your actions/behaviors.

Moo is that yes, Todd is an extremely scrawny size and in many different ways such a murder/disposal would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to complete all alone without any assistance..

But IMO to the contrary there IMO are several different ways in which its absolutely possible to complete the murder/disposal all alone and without any assistance..

Long ago I stated my opinion about Katrina's car being the main and sole source of much of the evidence due to it being the actual crime scene, along with actually being the source of transport and disposal of her body into the river.

I absolutely find it plausible that the attack mainly occured inside her car..not to get too graphic but a single, hard blow to the head would render her incapacitated therefor not trying to flee from the vehicle and attack.. This type of blunt force trauma would be easily accomplished by Todd all alone(especially since IMO the brutal force used is indicative of deep seated anger, resentment and hate)..

From there Todd simply uses the vehicle as the mode of transport to the disposal location(Rock River).. The only true hard labor would be his dragging the body from the vehicle, across the terrain of the side area of this area of the river, and quite literally drag the body into the actual river.. Job accomplished all alone by 5"6, 115lb, Todd Smith.

He drives her vehicle to the spot off the side of the road where he abandoned it and destroys everything that he had on that night/morning.. He IMO even tho small in stature and frame absolutely could have done it all himself with minimal exertion for the most part.. Dragging a body out of a car is quite simple..what is difficult is the opposite of trying to get a body into a car..jmo..getting it out is definitely doable by almost anyone, any size.. From there as described everything else would be doable and there is no indication that the body was thrown out into gteat depths or the middle of the river..jmo

While I have given my opinion on the possibility of involvement to some degree of an accomplice I do not however believe that an accomplice was necessary in order for Todd to have murdered/disposed of Katrina..jmo..

My apologies I attempted to be as non-graphic as I possibly could in attempting to give a possible scenario of how Todd quite easily could have done this completely solo..

All jmo, tho

Some great ideas, Smoothie..(I hope I can call you Smoothie :smile:)

maybe TS used a plastic tarp to slide Katrina from the car to the river... Even somewhat into the river.

then he could have maybe burned his clothes... (Are there campfires in that area where fishermen may cook their fish... Have meals.. Etc.? In other words...are pit fires accepted around some areas of that river?)

Possibly LE was looking for such evidence as a tarp, burned clothing.. Among other pieces of evidence ....when they returned for further searching to the location where Katrina was found?

Just some thoughts...

(Please forgive me if some of these ideas have been explored and eliminated... I have read through the thread... But my mind is kind of swimming at the moment.)

Ok first time posting...I live in the village where this happened...to add to this it was reported things were found in Rock Cut State Park...shovel, gloves, shirt so it's possible he buried the stuff or disposed of it...also that his vehicle was spotted leaving the park around the time she was reported missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member