GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering the same. Unless the name change was not a legal change? Otherwise I have no clue..... LOL!!

I have no clue.... Either!!!!! :floorlaugh:

I was thinking,the,name,change to Smith may not really be legal, either...

Wow... What would that mean for his daughters's last name.... And poor Katrina?

:waitasec:

Maybe to keep it out of the press until they were ready to announce? Although it would seem that must be his LEGAL name if that is the name they are using in legal proceeding. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm...........

Maybe to keep it out of the press until they were ready to announce? Although it would seem that must be his LEGAL name if that is the name they are using in legal proceeding. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm...........

maybe this, because i saw the name change when i was digging thru the court docs...he changed his name....??? idk...

IIRC, Raprager was his adopted name and Smith was his birth name. His mother married Herb Raprager who adopted her sons... supposedly.

Why the heck did Todd so this horrendous crime? For what? His daughters have to be devastated by a double whammy. How selfish of Todd. I am SMH until it's about to come off.

Prayers to all.

I've been lurking, watching and waiting. All I can say is:

No surprise.

Justice for Katrina.

maybe this, because i saw the name change when i was digging thru the court docs...he changed his name....??? idk...

NN,
So he was born Smith.
Adopted to Rapranger.
Then went back to Smith (apparently).

So were the docs you saw changing from Smith to Rapranger (at time of adoption)? Or from Rapranger to Smith (after split with family)?
Adoption would permanantly change name to Rapranger (destroying birth certificate with birth name) unless he went through name change in the court later.

NN,
So he was born Smith.
Adopted to Rapranger.

So were the docs you saw changing from Smith to Rapranger (at time of adoption)? Or from Rapranger to Smith (after split with family)?
Adoption would permanantly change name to Rapranger (destroying birth certificate with birth name) unless he went through name change in the court later.

i saw the docs from the early 90s -- didnt read very close, iirc it was from raprager to smith...

Such a sad sense of receiving a bit of closure, but at such a high price in being the man with whom Katrina's family stood by supporting likely praying to God it not be the man they loved as a son, trusted as a protector of their precious loved one Katrina..hoping against hope that it be anyone other than Todd that took sweet Katrina's life in such a savagely, brutal, and painful death..

I have no words or feelings for Todd, but do have great sympathy and hurt for his family, mainly his daughters who are being inflicted with pain no human being should ever have to endure..and yet, it too has been inflicted by the man who was meant to love, nurture, and protect them at all costs in this life.. Yet the only person this individual lives for and ever protected was himself..jmo.

My continued prayers for the long, tough road ahead for all those who know and love Katrina ..I am thankful that they atleast have the solace of having their loved ones body to lay to rest and now well on their way to seeing justice served on her behalf...so very many families never receive this for their loved one and the pain is indescribable beyond words.. I am thankful for her loved ones that they are not sentenced to that never ending Hell on earth..

Hugs to LMStyle:hug:.. My heart especially is hurting for you my friend:hug:

Upon just hearing the news that TS was arrested all I can say is I feel terrible sorrow for the persons closest to Katrina and the daughters-the most innocent of victims.

jmo

i saw the docs from the early 90s -- didnt read very close, iirc it was from raprager to smith...

So now we know. Not a surprise, logically everything was pointing his way but still makes you sad.

I feel for everyone who believed in and supported him, including our own poster here at WS, LMStyle.
icon9.gif

Thank you Lord for this! Katrina deserves justice! Now, I must go back and read.

Not Todd A Smith

If this link http://inmates.winnebagosheriff.com/InmateDetails.aspx doesn't work just try http://inmates.winnebagosheriff.com and search for Smith

Name: SMITH, TODD CHRISTOPHER
Booking Date: 11/21/2012 4:24:00 PM
MID: 3241
Height: 5' 6''
Weight: 115
Race: White
Eyes: BLU\BLU
Hair: BROWN
Next Court Date: 11/24/2012 13:30
Bail Amount: $400,000.00
Custody Status: Felony Pending Arraignment
Bail amount reflects the actual amount needed for release. Bail amount does not include $30 bond fee or other additional charges.

Register for updates on this inmate from Illinois VINE

CHARGES:

720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-1 MURDER/INTENT TO KILL/INJURE

720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-2 MURDER/STRONGPROB KILL

720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-1 MURDER/INTENT TO KILL/INJURE

720 ILCS 5/9-1-A-2 MURDER/STRONGPROB KILL

720 ILCS 5/9-3.1-A CONCEAL HOMICIDAL DEATH
Winnebago County Sheriff's Office • 650 W. State St. • Rockford, IL 61102-2201 • 815-319-6000
Copyright © 2012 Winnebago County Sheriff's Office. All rights reserved.

NN,
So he was born Smith.
Adopted to Rapranger.

He changed his name back to Smith after the arson case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie