Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM

Well, there might be a reason for that. I would never allow my children to be harmed in that or any other manner. She has some explaining to do.
And what if KD is returned to her-- and she starts dating again ?
Worried for this young girl. :(
:moo:

There's been enough stuff on SM that if true, and if CPS investigates thoroughly, I don't think KD will be going back with her Mom. Let's hope that KD doesn't fall through the cracks again, because they've already let her down once.

Any word on what's happening at this point? Is the baby expected to survive? Both are well?

This is all I've seen:

Kanawha Co Sheriff – ‏@KanawhaSheriff

Delerth arrested, to be returned to IL. Children ok...being evaluated at hospital. Thanks to public for tips...KBI & USMS for arrest.
12:17 PM - 24 Sep 2016

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

More specifically, they both arrived safely. :)

Video of campground, and some eagle-eyed locals who spotted the van:

http://wchstv.com/news/local/pictur...-the-run-for-accused-kidnapper-and-2-children

Screenshot from video:

f735fac16b95cebfc6f6f47a661e0b2b.jpg

Lots of beer can but no formula cans in that trash pile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of beer can but no formula cans in that trash pile.

Yep. Hoping KD is breastfeeding. Bless her heart. I can't begin to imagine being a Mommy at 13, but far worse that she had no female/mother figure there to help her through any questions, concerns, etc.

Yep. Hoping KD is breastfeeding. Bless her heart. I can't begin to imagine being a Mommy at 13, but far worse that she had no female/mother figure there to help her through any questions, concerns, etc.

I know :(
In earlier MSM they said she took formula with her. She may have just been supplementing with it, which I hope was the case because those were not sanitary conditions to make sterilized bottles and even if she was using ready to feed formula - I'm pretty sure you still have to sterilize the nipples.

He's a disgusting pig with no concern for anyone but himself. I have no idea what their relationship looked like, but I hope very soon she gets queasy to her stomach for ever thinking he was a good choice for herself... that is assuming she went willingly.

I'm super late catching up on the latest developments! Words cannot express my relief to see that their thread has been relabeled as LOCATED, and that the next chapter of their young lives can proceed with the healing they both so richly deserve.

I wish them both all of the strength and happiness they will both need in the years to come. If anyone deserves it, they do! :moo:

:)

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article104939836.html

The man accused of kidnapping his 13-year-old stepdaughter and her newborn will appear in court in West Virginia next week, and he remained in jail as of Thursday.
Derleth was in custody Thursday in Kanawha County, West Virginia. Madison County State’s Attorney Tom Gibbons said he is coordinating efforts with Kanawha County prosecutors to get Derleth back to Illinois to face prosecution. A fugitive warrant from Madison County has been delivered to Kanawha County.
“What I’ve been told at this point is that a judge will hold a hearing… to determine what (Derleth) plans to do regarding the extradition request,” Gibbons said.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article104939836.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article104939836.html

The man accused of kidnapping his 13-year-old stepdaughter and her newborn will appear in court in West Virginia next week, and he remained in jail as of Thursday.
Derleth was in custody Thursday in Kanawha County, West Virginia. Madison County State’s Attorney Tom Gibbons said he is coordinating efforts with Kanawha County prosecutors to get Derleth back to Illinois to face prosecution. A fugitive warrant from Madison County has been delivered to Kanawha County.
“What I’ve been told at this point is that a judge will hold a hearing… to determine what (Derleth) plans to do regarding the extradition request,” Gibbons said.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article104939836.html#storylink=cpy

From that same link:

Meanwhile, Gibbons said he is also coordinating with Bond County officials. Prior to the kidnapping, K. had been removed from the home of her mother and stepfather, and Derleth had been issued a no-contact order requiring him to stay away from her. Law enforcement officials said a paternity test on baby Christopher had not yet been performed when the children disappeared from the foster home.

Why wasn't a paternity test done in the hospital? That seems sloppy. Could have had the results before she was released and had the guy arrested.

Why wasn't a paternity test done in the hospital? That seems sloppy. Could have had the results before she was released and had the guy arrested.

Paternity test requires both people be available to test. Perhaps he was hiding from police before kidnapping KD and her son?

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article105229276.html

Derleth was previously in trouble for videotaping himself with an underage girl, punching a cop (and stealing his car), and apparently made money through some state sponsored babysitting program. (see link above)

Omg!!! How was he able to legally adopt those children?? (Or were these charges after the adoption? Oops, I need to check those dates....)

This guy was a walking bag of trouble!

I guess he did not go to the hospital to see KD and the baby since the restraining order was on him. This was probably taken out by DFS after the children were removed from the mother's house.

It is a shame that the baby's blood wasn't taken at the hospital. In my state, the mother must approve for this to be done or it is an expensive court case for the father. As young as KD is, would she be old enough to give legal consent? Being the suspected father is her boyfriend, that is hard to type, would she have given consent in the hospital? This child has been under so much stress and pressure, it may be DFS didn't try to go there with her.

Two things for sure: KD needs a lawyer to inform her of all the legal possibilities and this certainly was not a rape by CD.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlove
Back