Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a relief! So happy to hear that Momma and baby are being looked after by caring nurses.

I hope he doesn't walk on the outside of a prison the rest of his life!

Very glad they have been found! Must have been so scary for the poor girl.

Relieved for a happy ending. I'm sure she still has a long recovery ahead (mentally) but her and the baby are alive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear Lord. I'm so happy to see she has been found.
Wow. Happily speechless.

Found them within 50 miles of my home ..so glad they were found! The hospital they are at is great also. Now the healing for the kids can begin.

Found them within 50 miles of my home ..so glad they were found! The hospital they are at is great also. Now the healing for the kids can begin.

This is such a relief. My neighbor's newborn got a slight cold and cough from her older child, and the poor baby got so sick, so fast, It was frightening. I was so worried about that tiny baby being in a campground at such a tender age.

Yes yes yes!!!!!!!

ETA: I wish KD and her little boy well. I hope CPS, which will no doubt be involved in a big way, finds a way to keep mother child together in a loving and nurturing environment. KD is going to need lots of support and healing hands. I am so relieved and happy that we have seen a positive outcome. Let's hope that CD never sees the outside of prison for a VERY long time.

What wonderful news to come here and see "Found Alive." May mom and baby get to stay together and receive all the help they need to heal.

I've been running around and cooking all day, so hadn't had a chance to check until now. ..

WOO-HOO!

What happy news to see! And to echo Teagrove, I really hope they will keep her and baby together and also reunite her with her sister. I hope they're placed with someone that can teach her excellent parenting skills and help her get caught back up with her schooling.

Just came here to say the mom's (JD) FB disappeared before my eyes earlier, and see this update... awesome!!! *snoopy happy dances*

I noticed that earlier, too. I imagine she was probably receiving some rather hateful messages.

I'm so glad they were found relatively safe. I was so worried he was going to harm all three of them. I hope he's put away for a long, long time and KD and CD are in a place they receive all the love and support they need.

Update from sheriff:

Update:

KD and her infant child CD have been located and are in law enforcement's custody at this time. They were located in a rural mountainous range, south of Charleston, West Virginia. CMD was with the children and was taken into custody without incident. Madison County Sheriff's Investigators, United States Marshals, West Virginia State Police, and Kanawha County Sheriff's Officials were on scene at the time of the arrest. Madison County Sheriff's Officials in West Virginia are working with local authorities as well as the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services to provide care and placement for the children. CMD will be held in West Virginia, pending further investigative and court extradition efforts. The Sheriff's Office wants to thank the public both locally and in West Virginia for their tips. The Unites States Federal Marshals Service and the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department were instrumental in the investigation and apprehension of CMD, and recovery of the children.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=739502669521030&id=596561913815107

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wooooooooot! I'm overjoyed and so relieved KD and lil' baby CD have been found alive and are out of that lunatics hands!!! As a Websleuths user, we all know these incidents rarely end well and I was beginning to grow more than a little anxious that this would end up being another awful tragedy. So happy I was proved wrong and that a tipster took it upon his/herself to call in the sighting that lead to his arrest and the kids found. Kudos to LE and US Marshals for taking this case as seriously as they did (though I'd be surprised if they hadn't).
I hope that guy gets the book thrown at him. I can only hope he never, ever has contact with another young girl (or even an adult female he can take advantage of, for that matter). It's hard to play devil's advocate for grown men that are OK with corrupting a minors' life like he has - the kidnapping alone has been harmful enough, let alone what we all suspect him of also being responsible for...
Lastly, (and I'll zip it after this!) I hope CPS keeps KD and he infant together, that KD will receive proper trauma support and get the long term counseling and support for her and her precious newborn baby that they so much deserve. I want her to know she has more to give in life than she may believe she's capable of and that she deserves better treatment from others in return. I hope she and baby are medically sound and can come out of this ordeal ok. I hope she knows that she can have a future and doesn't have to put-up in life; she has her life ahead of her and she owes that to herself and to her beautiful baby boy.

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.

Either they got nothing. Or they got everything and they don't want him to be tipped off that they're homing in.

US Marshall has told 13 News that CD has been arrested in the kidnapping case involving two other people.

CD was arrested on Kayford area of Cabin Creek, WV.

Mr. D is accused of abducting his 13 year-old step-daughter KD, and her three-week old child.

KD and her three-week old child have been taken to Women and Children's hospital to be evaluated.

We will have more on this developing story as soon as we receive it.
I knew it! YaY! :loveyou: I hope this young girl can find some normalcy in her future and I hope little baby has a good chance. This has been a really sad case. I am so happy for them now.

(modsnip)

So glad to see this outcome !!

There's no reason at all for that man to be released , ever. If he is-- he'll just prey upon another woman with children !

And I wish there was a way to keep that young KD from having to go back and live with her mother ! What if her mom decides to get another boyfriend ?
My fear is that after all of this attention to this case dies down --and it will -- mom will go back to her old ways. And her daughters will be at risk again.

Hope there's someone to take care of KD and her baby.
:moo:

Wooooooooot! I'm overjoyed and so relieved KD and lil' baby CD have been found alive and are out of that lunatics hands!!! As a Websleuths user, we all know these incidents rarely end well and I was beginning to grow more than a little anxious that this would end up being another awful tragedy. So happy I was proved wrong and that a tipster took it upon his/herself to call in the sighting that lead to his arrest and the kids found. Kudos to LE and US Marshals for taking this case as seriously as they did (though I'd be surprised if they hadn't).
I hope that guy gets the book thrown at him. I can only hope he never, ever has contact with another young girl (or even an adult female he can take advantage of, for that matter). It's hard to play devil's advocate for grown men that are OK with corrupting a minors' life like he has - the kidnapping alone has been harmful enough, let alone what we all suspect him of also being responsible for...
Lastly, (and I'll zip it after this!) I hope CPS keeps KD and he infant together, that KD will receive proper trauma support and get the long term counseling and support for her and her precious newborn baby that they so much deserve. I want her to know she has more to give in life than she may believe she's capable of and that she deserves better treatment from others in return. I hope she and baby are medically sound and can come out of this ordeal ok. I hope she knows that she can have a future and doesn't have to put-up in life; she has her life ahead of her and she owes that to herself and to her beautiful baby boy.

Sent via Tapatalk - Please excuse any mobile-induced typos. Thanks.
SABBM

True. There's no reason for him to be released . It's good that kidnapping is a serious charge-- not to mention other charges CD may face !
It would be good to see that young girl and her baby to be placed in a stable home away from anyone who allows harm to come to her.
It's hard to believe her mother didn't know a thing. Just smh.

Good news today-- so often these cases end in tragedy !

I noticed that earlier, too. I imagine she was probably receiving some rather hateful messages.
RSBM

Well, there might be a reason for that. I would never allow my children to be harmed in that or any other manner. She has some explaining to do.
And what if KD is returned to her-- and she starts dating again ?
Worried for this young girl. :(

:loveyou:happy happy joy joy!! thank god they are found. :loveyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member