IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In your third picture, I think the loading dock and garbage area is actually on that wee road that runs along under chicago, that would probablty double up as the hiltons one aswell.

I was just thinking, if you look at where the patio/garden is, there are doors that lead to the patio and on into the Chicago Fire Restaurant (maybe not directly but it is what is on the front of that entrance).

Further down you'll see the red overhang. On the front of that overhang, that points to the parking area, it reads Crown Plaza. It's an entrance from the parking lot, or exit to the parking lot. I think it's just as simple as she got off on the wrong floor, went down the hall toward what she thought was the Exit to the Parking Lot, came to a wall, was confused, and, in trying to figure out where the door was, came to the freezer doors, thought "Exit!", walked in and and once the doors shut she couldn't see how to get out. At the restaurant that I worked at, many, many years ago, we were rarely ever alone but I never went into the freezer w/o scotching the door. I did not like going in there at all. It is a very simple diagram but, fwiw, after looking at OP's screenshots, I just got to wondering if that's could be what happened. She never really realized that she got off on the wrong floor, and thought that was an exit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GoogleEarth_Image (1).jpg
    GoogleEarth_Image (1).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 481
I think there is a whole lot being read into this case that isn't there or at least isn't relevant (gang signs, purple shirts).

A bunch of teens getting themselves a hotel room to party, whether with a stolen credit card, one 'borrowed' from a parent, or one of their own is nothing new. Happens all the time.

At 45+ yo, I have been that drunk, and I have seen others that drunk. If KJ had (as some speculate) taken one of Mom’s pain pills, that would certainly exacerbate the situation, but I have seen people (including me, back in the day) behave that same way while just plain old drunk. This, to me,was just a tragic accident. She was obviously disoriented. I think the most telling video clip is where she staggers into the stairs and grabs the railing to right herself. At this point, she spins almost 180 degrees. All of those hotel corridors look the same (trust me on this) when you’re inebriated. You get yourself turned around and you would have a hard enough time finding your way back sober.

I think she likely hit the LL or LLR elevator button by accident (perhaps thinking it was the #11?) and got herself into the kitchen. By this point she would have had almost no cognitive function. I can’t explain exactly how she got into the freezer, but she did. On her own. And either couldn’t get out or didn’t even try to get out and decided to have a little rest. A lot of us have worked in kitchens and know that walk in freezers and coolers can be very dangerous. That was pretty much the first thing I was told at my very first job when I was 15 and I have never forgotten it (I am mildly claustrophobic and I will never forget having to work in one for even a few minutes to put up food). But, someone who had never worked in a restaurant would have no way of knowing that.

I am interested in the autopsy report and the actual cause of death. It is entirely possible that she died of an overdose of alcohol or a combination of alcohol and some other substance, and would have done so wherever she was. Of course, if she had been with other people, the chances of that happening would have lessened, but it’s possible that she could have passed out anywhere and died anyway.

Thanks for the input. I hated the walk-in freezer. I worked at a small restaurant and at a grocery store in the meat section, when I was pretty young. Hated both of them. I too am mildly claustrophobic. I personally think that you are fairly spot-on. I just don't see foul play.

Was Kenneka familiar with walk in freezers? Did she ever work in a restaurant kitchen or similar place with walk in freezers?

It looks like hotel parties were something they did often. I watched one of her FB Live videos from August 9, 2016, and they were talking about having a hotel party the next weekend for one of the friend's birthdays. I don't know if they always used that same hotel though.

Would a hotel of this size no have an incinerator for trash?
Like a hospital does?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Police later told relatives that the teen’s body had been found at about 1 a.m. Sunday inside the freezer, which was working at the time, but wasn’t being used to store food, Martin said.

Martin, meanwhile, doubted the timeline provided by investigators, saying her daughter would have a tough time opening the heavy freezer doors or would’ve realized that she wasn’t in the right place.

“Those were double steel doors, she didn’t just pop them open,” she said.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/11/teen-found-dead-in-walk-in-freezer-after-hotel-party/

However, if she thought it was an exit... she'd expect the door to be heavy.
That combined with her intoxication would certainly explain how she ended up there.

From what I can glean, there was the large metal door to a walk in refrigeration unit, and another smaller freezer with a big metal door contained within that, sort of like a very large and empty shower cubicle.
Moo

From what I can glean, there was the large metal door to a walk in refrigeration unit, and another smaller freezer with a big metal door contained within that, sort of like a very large and empty shower cubicle.
Moo

I agree. And from what I glean as well (I like that word) there were a few freezers very close from which she was found in.

Imoo

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for interrupting your discussion about Kenneka.

Websleuths is in trouble. We have raised almost half of the money needed in our fundraising campaign.

Flat out we need your help. Go to https://www..com/websleuths and read the Websleuths story. The first page and the 4th update have the most information.

You can also use PayPal or Google Wallet. to make a donation. Use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com

Even if you donate 5 dollars that would be great. If one-third of the people who came on Websleuths today and gave 5 dollars Websleuths would be set.

Please help. We are down in revenue 60 percent per month yet we still have the same bills we need to pay 100 percent per month.

There is a more in-depth explanation at https://www..com/websleuths on the first page.

It's serious. It is wearing me out. Anything you can give would be appreciated.

However, I will keep repeating this because I want to be sure everyone knows if donating 5 dollars or more will put a strain on your finances DO NOT MAKE A DONATION. I so get what it is like to literally not have an extra 5 dollars.

Kenneka's case is so tragic. I am sure it was an accident but that video they have of her. Very creepy.

Thank you for reading.

Take Care,
Tricia

Donated! I hope others will to! I love this site!

Also.....subscribing to Kenneka's thread......so tragic....

Ongoing protests ... one arrest made today. I don't see how this can led to better cooperation between LE and the family.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/arrest-kenneka-jenkins-protest-rosemont-447125333.html

A large group of demonstrators gathered around 6 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Hotel to demand justice in the case of Kenneka Jenkins.

Police said Friday’s event drew up to 400 people and was peaceful until around 10 p.m., when officers went to end it as they have done each night. Rather than dispersing, authorities said the group instead swarmed River Road, the street in front of the hotel

Another article about the arrest:
http://wgntv.com/2017/09/23/1-arrested-in-rosemont-protest-for-kenneka-jenkins/

When was this hotel built? Most modern walk in freezer have safety release handles.

I'm not sure what these people want.There is zero proof of any crime.

I don't know what they want, either. They are chanting things like "Tear it down" and "Ain't no sleeping in Rosemont". I don't know what the hotel could do that would satisfy them.

Supposedly they want the "full videos", and want to see Kenneka walking into the freezer, which hotel says does not exist.

I don't know what they want, either. They are chanting things like "Tear it down" and "Ain't no sleeping in Rosemont". I don't know what the hotel could do that would satisfy them.

They are apparently protesting to have the tapes released. The chants "release the tapes, the real tapes" we in regards to the "rosemont wont get no sleep" until they do this. They have been protesting nightly. Last night the 'activist' said they had 1,800 people. But reports don't show that number. Tonight they have an entire marching band out there. There was a lot of drama last night at the end... watch some of the live feeds for details. I am trying really hard to understand some of them... a lot of money has been donated to the fam and apparently now a Church has been publicly shamed ... it's really turning into quite the public scene. And I can understand from a mothers point of view wanting answers... if they feel something is not right. But I think these activists are clouding people's minds about the proper way to go about doing this.
It's really a shame. The young girl hasn't even been laid to rest yet. Terrible all across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry but I still believe the protests are a way to attemp to put pressure on the hotel to make a larger settlement offer. Money talks bs walks

Was there no way out of the freezer? I once worked night duty alone with a walk in freezer, but the was a push down bar that allowed you to get out if the heavy door closed behind you. And it often did; gave me the creeps.

Was there no way out of the freezer? I once worked night duty alone with a walk in freezer, but the was a push down bar that allowed you to get out if the heavy door closed behind you. And it often did; gave me the creeps.

Ironically, I bet the hotel wishes they had footage of someone knocking KJ out and putting her in the freezer, that would absolve them of most of the responsibility.

Nothing has been released about the freezer: I think this is likely a huge issue between the hotel chain, the construction company, the freezer manufacturer and the insurance companies: what happened, who is to blame. For eg, this has resulted in big loss of business and reputation for the hotel, if they can sue the construction company for leaving the kitchen area accessible, or the freezer company for building an unsafe freezer, they will. No one's going to release any info, probably, because they don't want to prejudice the lawsuits to come.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back