IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Go to YouTube and search for this video. It explains what I'm talking about. The very back part of the lower level (basement) kitchen is filled with lots of junk and isn't being used. That's where the freezer is. The police officer said to come by the dock and the garbage as a general location and that's the closet area for the paramedics/ambulance to park and enter the building.

Mic Mecca
"Kenneka Jenkins mysterious room in back of kitchen: somebody go look "
985 views - 3 days ago - Duration: 14 minutes 1 second

Unfortunately, this is not an MSM video, as it is a person speculating on what may have happened. We can agree or disagree, but we cannot use it as fact.

I would go with what the parents, lawyers, hotel, and LE are telling us.

KJ had to be on the lower level by the conference rooms. In the video, you see her try to grab the railing to the stairs. Those stairs went up to the 1st floor. If she was on the 1st floor, there would be no stairs there going up. Once she went to the lower level, she never came up again.

she probably was in the lowest level at some point. It seems she was in many places and on several floors. I doubt we have seen all the videos where she was present, and can't say with certainty they exist.

BBM

My opinion only; Because there was only $2k left in it.

ha... the key word is "only".

There is no way she was found on the lobby level. We were told that we received every single piece of security video in which she appeared. We have all of the footage. Therefore, she never went back upstairs, or there would be additional footage.

I think the confusion is coming from the labeling of the floors. The hotel must be using European style floor numbering where 0 is the ground level, and 1 is the main level.

Here in America, we would call the ground level 1. What Europeans call 1, or main -- we would call 2.

I think they are just labeling the floors funny, and it is confusing everyone. But there is absolutely no way she went back up those stairs or we would have video.

I doubt we have seen every piece of video where Kanneka may have wandered that night. We got what LE felt was relevant and adequate to release. And she could have been in areas that cameras did not "see" her. JMO

there is a pic of the elevator buttons in these threads. I believe there was an L (lobby) and LL (lower level/basement)

There's a reason why LE only releases certain footage! Of course they have more. But that's besides the point.

Most people watched the video the lady posted but didnt pay attention to the fact that wasn’t the lobby level,it looks all like one video thats the basement.

Instead of just dismissing me and blowing me off...can y'all try to look it over again. Please?
Thank you?

agree! There had to be more footage for a 30+ hour span of tapes.

Also, just because the lady made a video, does not mean she was accurate as to locations or which kitchen. According to many reports or videos I have come across, there are several kitchen areas --- and we have only seen inside one?

It's possible KJ and her friends were familiar with the hotel, because she talked of having hotel parties in the past. And I still wonder about that parking ticket the mom found dated for the 6th. That was so weird.

IMO, I believe KJ has been at that hotel quite a few times including the 6th of September.

MOD
Are we allowed to discuss the video surveillance that shows the black male and black female in the lobby on 9/7 paying for the parties room? Possibilities on who the male and female are?

I dont even know what to think about this case anymore...:gaah:

MOD
Are we allowed to discuss the video surveillance that shows the black male and black female in the lobby on 9/7 paying for the parties room? Possibilities on who the male and female are?

Police released a statement that the room was paid for with a stolen credit card.They did not state who actually offered that card as payment to the front desk. No names to be released as that in and of itself may involve criminal charges.

Police released a statement that the room was paid for with a stolen credit card.They did not state who actually offered that card as payment to the front desk. No names to be released as that in and of itself may involve criminal charges.

Yes I understand that BUT there was video released by LE showing the 2 suspects paying for the hotel.

I'll just wait for MOD to answer my question.

Yes I understand that BUT there was video released by LE showing the 2 suspects paying for the hotel.

I'll just wait for MOD to answer my question.

Can you post the link to the surveillance of the suspects paying for the hotel? I haven't seen that and can't find it on google.

For all of you voicing opinions regarding where the kitchen was located:
Do you still believe there was only one path to get to and from that freezer, and that anyone else in that area would have had to be spotted on surveillance? Or is it possible someone came to that area from another direction that did not have cameras?

There may have been more than one path to the kitchen but I do believe that was the only path to the freezer area.

I've watched all of KJs FB Live videos to try and get an idea of what she was like. In most of the videos I saw, she was around 18, but seemed really immature for her age. IMO. She reminded me of someone closer to 15 or 16. She also seemed really hyper. The fact that she graduated from an alternative school doesn't surprise me, because she seems like she might have had trouble focusing. She was sweet with the babies that were crawling around in some of her videos. She definitely didn't strike me as a street-hardened ****, like some of those in the hotel video. It was really sad to watch her alone in such an impaired state at the hotel, after seeing her as a young and silly teenager.

I agree. She seemed far different than the other three girls, even in the party videos. I think that she started celebrating her graduation and new job, wasn't used to drinking that much, and just became very intoxicated.

In the 911 call her mom states that the friends called her, and had said "and now her friends they said they left on the front of the hotel and she's not able to be found now. She's 19 y/o." I'd always took that to mean they'd left her near the front of the Lobby.

If they all went back into the room, and left her in the hall, very intoxicated and disoriented, that makes it easier for me to see her hitting LL by accident and getting off downstairs.

In one article that I read, the hotel did try, prior to turning it over to LE, to find her on the monitors but didn't see her on the first try. If she'd been left in the Lobby, that would probably be the first monitor that they'd check, to see if she'd left by way of the front Lobby, and would explain why they didn't find her at first. I find her three "friends'" versions to be a bit sketchy, cya mode.

Well there's the Emergency Exit doors and then the doors that open to the dock area. I think it's very possible a person was actually let IN. Meaning most of lose Exit doors are locked on the outside so the only way in would be someone letting them IN from the INSIDE.

IMO, I think people(S) knew that wasn't a working kitchen and knew where the working cameras are.

Wouldn't an alarm go off if the Emergency Exit doors were opened? They do in most places. People would be freaking out thinking that there was a fire, or other type of emergency, somewhere in the building.

It's possible KJ and her friends were familiar with the hotel, because she talked of having hotel parties in the past. And I still wonder about that parking ticket the mom found dated for the 6th. That was so weird.

Maybe she'd been there that day with the someone, or, unbeknownst to Mom, had let a friend drive her car, to go check out the reservations. It was her friend's bday, and she was said, by Mom to be celebrating her new job (but was supposed to be bowling). Maybe they went and tried to rent a room on that day, but were turned down due to age. Then someone else went and rented it for them, but with the stolen card.

Wouldn't an alarm go off if the Emergency Exit doors were opened? They do in most places. People would be freaking out thinking that there was a fire, or other type of emergency, somewhere in the building.

Actually no not all doors labeled "Emergency Exit" sound off an alarm when you open them. I worked in big LTC pharmacy that was in a warehouse and our Emergency Exit doors didn't go off when we opened them. There was the pull down fire alarm next to the door though.

If KJ had been drugged could she have got hot and wanted to cool down? Personally I think there is more to this than meets the eye something just isn’t sitting right I watched a video on YT a girl could be heard saying something like she wants to have it with that girl or something it didn’t sound friendly anyway then she hands a drink to a girl who I think was KJ before that someone asked if she had put something in it can’t remember he exact words though it’s all very strange

Actually no not all doors labeled "Emergency Exit" sound off an alarm when you open them. I worked in big LTC pharmacy that was in a warehouse and our Emergency Exit doors didn't go off when we opened them. There was the pull down fire alarm next to the door though.

Someone would have had to have been seen, on video, prior to her going back into the kitchen area though. This was at such an early hour in the morning that there would not typically be staff or any other workers in there, and if they were, they'd be seen, on video, and questioned. This has not been the case. I truly don't feel that this is a cover up. If a staff member, or other person, had been seen on the video, laying a trap for her, I'd bet a dime to a donut that the hotel would have turned all of it over to LE and LE would have them in for questioning right now, as opposed to what is going on at this point in time, and has been going on.

It, was described, early on, as a kitchen being renovated for a new restaurant. On Google Earth you can see, on the 2016 view, that a sign was placed outside of the hotel, about having space to lease/rent (unsure of wording).

It was not clear who located Jenkins' body, but Mack said the hotel was doing some construction in the area where she was found. Martin said she was told the freezer Jenkins was in was turned on and cold but was not being used to store food.
"I just happen to know there's work being done on some new facilities over there, so there is some construction activity where a new restaurant is being built, and (she was found) in that vicinity," Mack said. "This is not an area where anyone would typically be who was a guest in the hotel."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...found-dead-rosemont-hotel-20170910-story.html

If KJ had been drugged could she have got hot and wanted to cool down? Personally I think there is more to this than meets the eye something just isn’t sitting right I watched a video on YT a girl could be heard saying something like she wants to have it with that girl or something it didn’t sound friendly anyway then she hands a drink to a girl who I think was KJ before that someone asked if she had put something in it can’t remember he exact words though it’s all very strange

When folks are that drunk, they will sometimes find a cool place to lie down. If you're at home, the bathroom floor is usually the place of choice. I don't think she sought the freezer out but once she was in there, she may have sat down and waited for help, and with the alcohol in her body, hypothermia set in quickly, and she went to sleep. We won't know if there was anything other than alcohol in her system 'til the tox screens come back and that could take a few weeks.

Someone would have had to have been seen, on video, prior to her going back into the kitchen area though. This was at such an early hour in the morning that there would not typically be staff or any other workers in there, and if they were, they'd be seen, on video, and questioned. This has not been the case. I truly don't feel that this is a cover up. If a staff member, or other person, had been seen on the video, laying a trap for her, I'd bet a dime to a donut that the hotel would have turned all of it over to LE and LE would have them in for questioning right now, as opposed to what is going on at this point in time, and has been going on.

It, was described, early on, as a kitchen being renovated for a new restaurant. On Google Earth you can see, on the 2016 view, that a sign was placed outside of the hotel, about having space to lease/rent (unsure of wording).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...found-dead-rosemont-hotel-20170910-story.html

Well that's interesting! If the hotel was renting/leasing the space, then the renter is another entity that could end up be held liable for her death. From a legal perspective, this seems like a really tough case to me when it comes to determining who is at fault!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back