IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FWIW...I just went back on Google Earth to look around inside the hotel again. Well you can't anymore. The capability of looking inside the hotel is no longer available!

IMO, something happened on the main lobby!! Now of all sudden they don't want you to look around in the main level??

I'm still convinced the freezer she was found in was in the unused kitchen on the mail level. IMO. Things keep getting weirder

Well that's interesting! If the hotel was renting/leasing the space, then the renter is another entity that could end up be held liable for her death. From a legal perspective, this seems like a really tough case to me when it comes to determining who is at fault!

I don't think that it's uncommon for hotels to rent space to restaurants/bars. I'd be surprised if the restaurant, Chicago Fire Oven, was owned by the hotel, but, you are correct, it could fall under the construction company's jurisdiction, or the restaurant owner's. I'm not surprised that they took down the walk around inside either. That was done by a private person. They probably weren't aware until this case.

Didn't someone ask if the mother worked? @ 7:29 in the large video at #10 on this page, Teresa Martin says she worked in the cafeteria at USC (at least, that is what I believe she said), so "she knows it takes strength to open a freezer door."
https://hellobeautiful.com/2958175/what-happened-to-kenneka-jenkins/

I've heard her say that. We live in an area where there was/is very little to do except drink, party, do other types of things we shouldn't, and hang out. Honestly, I've seen intoxicated people do some pretty incredible things, and end up in some very strange situations, myself included. You wouldn't think this, if you're sober, looking in at a situation, but it is quite amazing what intoxicated people can do, and can do to put themselves in danger.

Well that's interesting! If the hotel was renting/leasing the space, then the renter is another entity that could end up be held liable for her death. From a legal perspective, this seems like a really tough case to me when it comes to determining who is at fault!

It sure seems tough to figure out who's "at fault". It seems like everyone just wants a lawsuit so someone can metaphorically pay for this tragic incident. I agree that the hotel kitchen shouldn't have been accessible, however, kenneka was not a guest, and the people who were on the room weren't even really guests bc it was fraudulent. Kenneka was 19 so really whoever served her alcohol is at fault IMO.

It sure seems tough to figure out who's "at fault". It seems like everyone just wants a lawsuit so someone can metaphorically pay for this tragic incident. I agree that the hotel kitchen shouldn't have been accessible, however, kenneka was not a guest, and the people who were on the room weren't even really guests bc it was fraudulent. Kenneka was 19 so really whoever served her alcohol is at fault IMO.

Agree!

Toxicology is still pending so I'll hold my other thoughts until then. I will say though we are a society who loves to place blame and not accept responsibility for our own actions.

[FONT=&amp]Bill Murray considers new restaurant for Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare and Conference Center
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]by Newsroom | Dec 22, 2016 2:34pm
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]A hotel in Chicago's suburbs may soon get a restaurant inspired by a classic comedy film...and backed by one of the film's stars. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare and Conference Center in Rosemont, Ill. is looking to open two new restaurants, one of which will be a golf-themed sports bar run by Bill Murray and his brothers and inspired by Murray's 1980 film Caddyshack. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]According to the Daily Herald, the Murrays have a verbal agreement for an 11,000-square-foot space inside the hotel and are now working to get a written lease. In order to get the lease, the team behind the restaurant would need to submit blueprints for village review, and there is no set date for that yet.[/FONT]

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20161219/business/161218869[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Bill Murray considers new restaurant for Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare and Conference Center
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]by Newsroom | Dec 22, 2016 2:34pm
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]A hotel in Chicago's suburbs may soon get a restaurant inspired by a classic comedy film...and backed by one of the film's stars. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare and Conference Center in Rosemont, Ill. is looking to open two new restaurants, one of which will be a golf-themed sports bar run by Bill Murray and his brothers and inspired by Murray's 1980 film Caddyshack. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]According to the Daily Herald, the Murrays have a verbal agreement for an 11,000-square-foot space inside the hotel and are now working to get a written lease. In order to get the lease, the team behind the restaurant would need to submit blueprints for village review, and there is no set date for that yet.[/FONT]

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20161219/business/161218869[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Well that's certainly interesting.

If the Murray's did obtain a written lease for that restaurant space, would they be sued if that's where Keneeka's body was found in the walk-in freezer? They probably have deep pockets, so to speak. Just wondering.

I gotta agree now. Keneeka was in the lower level kitchen wandering around but she didn't die there. Some how that girl found a way to go up one level and walked into to the unused freezer and passed away there. Hope she fell asleep and felt no pain. RIP young lady and God Bless.

Hmmm...could this be the "soon to be " Caddyshack??

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...found-dead-rosemont-hotel-20170910-story.html

"I just happen to know there's work being done on some new facilities over there, so there is some construction activity where a new restaurant is being built, and (she was found) in that vicinity," Mack said. "This is not an area where anyone would typically be who was a guest in the hotel."

This is my first post but it seems to me to be a very tragic accident.I feel so bad for her mom.

Couple of posts have been removed due to bickering and disrespect. This is not allowed at Websleuths and can result in Time Out. Please post accordingly.

:tyou:

I've been following along with this case too Lacey and I agree with you. I think it was a tragic accident. Very sad, she seemed like a sweet kid.

It is sad to think the Caddyshack, which was not even close to being opened yet, is going to be sued and held responsible for this young adult's tragic death. How are they supposed to imagine that an intoxicated party goer is going to find their way down into a close portion of the hotel, and step into a walk in freezer and die?

If any of you listen to the True Crime Garage podcast, they just dropped their new episode, and it is a one hour long discussion of this case! It is well worth a listen!

It is sad to think the Caddyshack, which was not even close to being opened yet, is going to be sued and held responsible for this young adult's tragic death. How are they supposed to imagine that an intoxicated party goer is going to find their way down into a close portion of the hotel, and step into a walk in freezer and die?

I haven't seen or heard anything that indicates they will be sued. I simply asked the question because I was curious if it was a possibility. As a side note, I did read the opening of the restaurant was moved from December of 2017 to January of 2018.

I haven't seen or heard anything that indicates they will be sued. I simply asked the question because I was curious if it was a possibility. As a side note, I did read the opening of the restaurant was moved from December of 2017 to January of 2018.

IF a lawsuit happens, and I am sure one will, they will have to go after Caddyshack if they turned on the freezer and left it unlocked. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place
Back