GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense witness said they saw SUV driving erratically right before vaughn pulled over on the frontage rd. that's not the way you drive when you're going to a spot to murder your family. You don't draw attention to yourself.
Secluded spot was picked by CV for KV because she was very private and going to be sick.

(this is laughable!) spot was near a cell tower where people could be working, a golf course, and highway, not a place you would plan a murder.

It doesn't make sense unless k was getting sick & that was the next exit and that's what he did.

He wanted investigators to figure out what happened without him having to say Kim did this.

CV NEVER put stipulations on any interviews, he cooperated and never gave ultimatums.

Lenard negating importance of private eye magazine with staged crime scenes found in the home.

Who's to say Kimberly wasn't reading that magazine? Neither CV or KV fingerprints found on magazine.

Lenard on CV demeanor after murders: you can use your own common sense, people have different ways of coping with things. (hope state shows picture of him returning from beer run in MO)

On Stephen Willot's, the Canadian, testimony about CV making plans to run away to wilderness helps the defense. Because of 3.5 mil insurance policy on CV, why would he make plans with SW to fake death so KV would get $$?

On may 30, Kim told sister having lot of trouble with anxiety, over-reacting with little provocation. Something she was working on with her doctor.

On may 24, meets with doctor about onset of anxiety, she noticed big change in personality & increase in anxiety.

Warning on Topamax bottle reads : Seek immediate medical attention if you notice mood change.

If you are having a personality change, that has to be as serious, even more serious than a mood change.

Not standing here saying KV killed family because of meds, but that has to be taken into consideration.

CV told what happened for sake of his children. He did NOT want to tell investigators that Kim did this. When told there was a tape of the shootings, he said "let's look at the video." that's what an innocent person would say.
If its on video, they saw it happen, that right there proves he is innocent.
There was a point in time CV returned to the vehicle (HOLD THE PHONE!) and we'll talk about that.

BBM. Really? I'll bet Lenard loses his crediblity with the jury. It's pretty clear he is lying. Especially knowing all along it has been stated CV was unaware his children died. IIRC there was video testimony shown to the jury of this as well.

Well, gotta try for some kind of defense, even if it is not remotely believable.

Brings up Kim's concern about contracting AIDS, that would weigh heavily on someone's mind. A friend of Kim's testified that she brought up her anxiety issues before her death, never thought of her as anxious person, she was taken aback.

Yes Cubby, pretty dull closing, always the same story: "just because he's a crummy husband, lousy father, told a few lies & they're all dead, doesn't mean he's a murderer!"

Lots of people struggling go to work, "put on a happy face" because they have to, Four experts could not rule out suicide, missing towel example of evidence not taken, not doing thorough swab of gun barrel was big deal, could have been a game-changer.
Why not get into Kim's computer & search incriminating terms? Why wouldn't CV delete incriminating emails? Chris knows computers, thats what he does for a living.

Pros says nothing shows Kim was depressed...you don't know what goes on in a person's mind. The amount of meds in kim's body should cause jurors to ask other questions. Kim was a FIXER , she wanted every thing to be happy. She wanted everything to be right. She was getting to a point where her marriage was no longer working. She may have sensed Chris was leaving (didn't he say earlier he wasn't leaving?), that would cause a lot of stress on someone. She'd been attempting to reconnect & it wasn't working.

With regards to defense attorney Lenard's comment CV returned to the SUV at one point....

Vaughn told his interrogators he left them in the car when he realized his leg was bleeding. He said he never heard a gunshot. And he said he didn’t know his family was dead until the cops told him so.

Jurors in Vaughn’s trial on charges he murdered his wife and three children spent their entire day watching Vaughn’s June 14, 2007, interrogation. He watched it too, calmly following along on a transcript in the courtroom. It was filmed the same day police found 34-year-old Kimberly, 12-year-old Abigayle, 11-year-old Cassandra and 8-year-old Blake shot to death in the Vaughns’ red Ford Expedition.

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/phot...t-a-soul-on-this-earth-that-believes-you.html

Jurors spent an entire day watching the interrogation video. And now we are all supposed to believe CV suddenly remembered going back to the SUV for his closing argument?

Well, I suppose Lenard can sell it to himself and his client. I do not for a second think he is gonna sell it to the jury.

bet the state is itching to get back up and refute all these spurious allegations of defence,

such as he was moving thus she was only able to wing him twice, he was sitting by her side, pictures I saw of him when he was arrested show me he was a pretty substantial man so she had quite a large area to aim at, yet she was unable to hit him anywhere fatal, but was then able to turn round in her seat and hit all 3 children who were in backseat with 2 bullets each which proved fatal,

If CV was planning this, why wouldn't he say she'd been depressed in the past, she'd been thinking about hurting herself, he could have made up stories for days of how she was behind closed doors.

Lenard tells jurors Kim's body could have been moved by first responders. "It's not me making this stuff up!"

Talking about a piece of paper found in Vaughn's bathroom. Was that a suicide note? We don't know. Look at the way it's folded.

(I'm sitting here wondering, what note?)

Lenard says there was no testimony about folded up piece of paper found on day of murders next to Kim's blow dryer.

Could it be a note?!?

Shows pictures & talks about blood spatter not tested.

How can you go back there & sign a guilty verdict?

Can you imagine going back and signing four guilty verdicts without that towel?!?!

Why would a mother kill her children? We are rational people, we can't believe that would ever happen.

We can't believe that would ever happen. It's difficult for rational people to understand irrational acts.
Maybe K was in the mindset that her children were better off, if she wasn't going to be there.

KV may have killed children because she wanted them to "come with me to heaven where you're going to be safe."

I think it's clear there's lots of reasonable doubt in this case.

It's a tragedy that's occurred here, there's no doubt about it. It would be another tragedy if you find CV guilty of killing his family.

15 min break, then rebuttal.

(where was the return trip to SUV?)

he missed explaining the blood evidence away via Vaughns return to the car, hope the jury remember that,

no explanation or mention of a return to car inspite of his saying he would do so

I think if we've learned anything about Kimberly Vaughn, it's the girl wore her heart on her sleeve, collar, pant legs, socks... How many people did she tell of her anxiety? Being overwhelmed seems pretty ordinary at that stage of her life, without knowing she was married to a complete d---head. If she was out scouting bridges to jump off of, I think everyone would have known it.

Rebuttal begins:

Guilt could not be any clearer than it is right now.

The evidence in this case, ladies & gentlemen, is so overwhelming, so overwhelmingly points to CV's guilt.

I think if we've learned anything about Kimberly Vaughn, it's the girl wore her heart on her sleeve, collar, pant legs, socks... How many people did she tell of her anxiety? Being overwhelmed seems pretty ordinary at that stage of her life, without knowing she was married to a complete d---head. If she was out scouting bridges to jump off of, I think everyone would have known it.

I completely agree, she was carrying a heavy load, but she was looking forward and she would have known that this too shall pass and she and her family would get through to the other side where she was happier and less anxious

he took that away from her and her kids, and then after killing them he attempted to blame there mother for there murders, he is beyond despicable,

Forget k's fingerprints not on gun, super secret storage locker, encrypted computer, his blood all over the car.

The statement he gave to ISP was so ridiculous, so contradictory, so full of holes that it reeks of his guilt.

He doesn't know anything that went on that morning, but he does know "please don't mess up my boots!" (snicker)

He's not giving up any details until he knows what police know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member