GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you all catch the fact that she's still wearing her seatbelt in the graphic photo published in the Sun Times?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/430773,CST-NWS-chann16.article#

You have to enlarge the photo and look very carefully, but it's there (above the *advertiser censored*, tucked under left underarm).

There's no other reason for her body to be at that angle other than it being slumped against the seatbelt.

For those believing his story, do you actually think she shot these kids still wearing her seatbelt???

Oh, I totally agree - at this point he has every right and should be there with his family. IF his story is the true he needs to grieve for his lost family and be with the remaining family members. I was just thinking ahead and how I would feel in that situation, if his story turns out to NOT be the truth.

I was remembering, Sharon Rocha, and how she didn't even want any of Scott's family at Laci and Connor's funeral.

I'm also thinking that the police probably know at this point which way the evidence is leaning and wondering how much is being shared with the family? Probably not much and again that would upset me even more if they let me grieve and comfort my SIL only to find out the police were waiting until after the funeral to arrest him.

That being said, in this situation the true facts of this case will be hard on the families either way they play out.

Yes, that would be hard to swallow, though certainly her family MUST think he did it (they certainly don't think she did) and are having to pretend anyway.

Did you all catch the fact that she's still wearing her seatbelt in the graphic photo published in the Sun Times?

You have to enlarge the photo and look very carefully, but it's there (above the *advertiser censored*, tucked under left underarm).

There's no other reason for her body to be at that angle other than it being slumped against the seatbelt.

For those believing his story, do you actually think she shot these kids still wearing her seatbelt???

I find it unlikely that she shot the kids and then buckled herself in to shoot herself, BUT - try as I might - I can't see a seatbelt in that photo and I have no idea how bodies land when they're shot while sitting in the front seat of a car.

Directly to left of the van in the bottom left corner of that picture...is that blood? Or a reflection of the car?

AS several stories repeat that the mother started firing the gun as he entered the car. When he enters the car that would be his right side...not the left where he sustained the injuries.

I'm a fence sitter ... laugh... I go back and forth -
But from what I see if it IS a seat belt she only had the lap portion on .. and her right arm pulled out of the restraint. I do that often when I need to turn around in my seat or if the belt is just driving my neck nuts.. ( I know it isn't safe .. but.... )

I did say if it IS a seatbelt because the top part of what would be the shoulder strap looks so far over from the door...

I am looking at an enlargement I did when I was able to grab the picture off the site.. (for some reason I can't get it now).. I stupidly cropped the picture and saved it... the crop has her - but nothing else and I wish I wouldn't have been so stupid...

I see on the picture on the site a darkness that looks like it's going across the top of her chest - but in my cropped picture it's not there (I also had played with the brightness) I'm guessing that strip is a shadow or something?!

At least that's my take on it..

AS several stories repeat that the mother started firing the gun as he entered the car. When he enters the car that would be his right side...not the left where he sustained the injuries.

Unless he was standing in front of it facing the car - maybe getting ready to lean down and tell her he had gotten the luggage thing fixed....we just don't know enough....I'm sure the police asked him in specific detail.

While my opinion is that this guy did it, I have to say, we used to have the exact same vehicle (color and everything). When getting into it I would step up on the running board with my left leg first. Could be used as the explanation if he was approaching from the rear drivers side.
The running boards would also have to be used to reach the roof rack, which would be much easier to do if you have the door open. That being said, I don't see how the kids could sleep through all of that prior to the shots being fired.
~The newbie~

While my opinion is that this guy did it, I have to say, we used to have the exact same vehicle (color and everything). When getting into it I would step up on the running board with my left leg first. Could be used as the explanation if he was approaching from the rear drivers side.
The running boards would also have to be used to reach the roof rack, which would be much easier to do if you have the door open. That being said, I don't see how the kids could sleep through all of that prior to the shots being fired.
~The newbie~

Welcome, norcalgirl03. Thanks for that great observation.

I don't know how the kids could sleep through it either.

That's one of the reasons I lean toward him I think...

All I can figure is that they were drugged or something...

That's one of the reasons I lean toward him I think...

All I can figure is that they were drugged or something...

Well, we don't whether or not the kids have defensive wounds - they were all shot multiple times, so they might.

I wonder what sort of drug could be given to them that wouldn't show up on their autopsy. Someone said GHB. And if they were drugged - wouldn't the wife have noticed?

How does he drug them before or after they are in the car without the wife noticing? Was she drugged too?

I can't believe he drugged them all and then loaded them into the car without being seen.

Well, we don't whether or not the kids have defensive wounds - they were all shot multiple times, so they might.

I wonder what sort of drug could be given to them that wouldn't show up on their autopsy. Someone said GHB. And if they were drugged - wouldn't the wife have noticed?

How does he drug them before or after they are in the car without the wife noticing? Was she drugged too?

I can't believe he drugged them all and then loaded them into the car without being seen.

IF he did indeed drug them all, it would be very easy to get them in the car w/o being seen---by simply doing it in the garage.

IF he did indeed drug them all, it would be very easy to get them in the car w/o being seen---by simply doing it in the garage.

You've got a point, but I have a sense that no one was drugged and everyone experienced it live and in color.

Are there really drugs that would make you pass out that wouldn't show up at autopsy - especially when the bodies were discovered and gotten to the coroner so quickly?

You've got a point, but I have a sense that no one was drugged and everyone experienced it live and in color.

Are there really drugs that would make you pass out that wouldn't show up at autopsy - especially when the bodies were discovered and gotten to the coroner so quickly?

I have NO idea... I just can't imagine her just slumped over like that.. I guess I just think it would look different somehow .. (like how many things like that have we ever seen?!?!!)

I have NO idea... I just can't imagine her just slumped over like that.. I guess I just think it would look different somehow .. (like how many things like that have we ever seen?!?!!)

Exactly - I truly don't know how it would "look."

I will say that I looked at a graphic book once filled with crime scene photos of various deaths and it was all over the place. One shooting did not necessarily look like the next shooting in those photos, if you know what I mean.

I guess this is why we have hardcore forensic people who do know how things "look" after gathering all the data.

IF IF IF the seat belt was in the ready for travel position - when she was shot, it would have held her up BIG TIME. When the bullet hit it would have pushed her back from the blast, but just how forward would she have moved.

I cannot remember which poster said that she has the same type of vehicle and the SUV. Question for that poster, when you are belted up for travel, how far forward can you bend? OR how far to the left can you push yourself to the left - when you are in the passenger seat? HOW much freedom of movement do you have when belted up?
Saturday will be the day, when there will be some BIG answers for all of us here and for his remaining family.

Widower Chris Vaughn, whose wife and kids were slain in an SUV, admitted to having an affair, sources told NBC5's Amy Jacobson.

Kimberly Vaughn and her three children were found shot to death in a sport utility vehicle last week. Chris Vaughn was shot in the leg but survived, and now investigators are looking into his travel plans

http://www.nbc5.com/news/13539818/detail.html?dl=mainclick

MSN this morning gave interesting info about this case. The families house was searched again Wednesday. LE took VCR tapes, player, etc because of a Law and Order show which aired not long ago. It's subject line was that of a family being shot and killed in their car. The mother was blamed for the murders/suicide. It was later proven the husband did it. Seems LE thinks this goof may have tried the same thing.

Read article at link.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/288722/deaths_of_mom_and_children_linked_to.html

The Chicago Tribune is reporting that the investigation into the death of the Oswego mother Kimberly Vaughn and her children has taken a twist.

If you will remember, Kimberly and her three children were found dead in their SUV along Interstate Highway 55 in rural Will county , after her husband had flagged down a passerby asking them to call 911, after being shot in the leg by his wife when got finished adjusting the vehicles luggage rack. Kimberly Vaughn died one of gun shot to the head, their children had been shot multiple times, Christopher Vaughn was said to have a minor gunshot injury to his thigh. An unidentified law enforcement official has been reported to say that the incident closely resembles a " Law and Order, SVU" episode aired on May 8th of this year. The particular episode involves a man that was leading a double life blaming his wife for the murder of their children before she took her own life in the show, the man also suffers from a minor gunshot wound and is later charged with the crime. A search was conducted to determine if anyone in the Vaughn family had watched the show.

Widower Chris Vaughn, whose wife and kids were slain in an SUV, admitted to having an affair, sources told NBC5's Amy Jacobson.

Kimberly Vaughn and her three children were found shot to death in a sport utility vehicle last week. Chris Vaughn was shot in the leg but survived, and now investigators are looking into his travel plans

http://www.nbc5.com/news/13539818/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Now I know he did it. :loser:

I heard a child psychologist this morning talking about this case. She said mom's drown their children but they do NOT shoot their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!