IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
packerdog said:
On Fox now...Multiple stab wounds including the neck, both died due to being stabbed.
I don't think they lived long after being stabbed.
if that were the case, and they died close to midnight, then where were they from 6pm til 11?

Jeana (DP) said:
Yup, since he's being charged, I think he'll be with police for probably the rest of his life. Sad as it is, its got to be a
relief to the neighborhs to know there isn't a child killer on the loose.

Hope he ROTS in prison. I'm wondering if they can tell by the wounds if he would have had to be facing the girls and looking at their eyes when he stabbed them? Can you imagine? :furious: :(

PrayersForMaura said:
if that were the case, and they died close to midnight, then where were they from 6pm til 11?
Don't know, that has me scraching my head. :waitasec:

Fox news has not yet announced an arrest. I have to wonder, since it appears there was no evidence of the girls being bound, how the killer managed to restrain the second girl while killing the first. What an awful, terrible thing for these sweet little best friends to suffer through.

I think its possible that he had been sexually molesting the girls IN THE PAST and maybe was getting concerned that they were going to tell on him.

Mabel said:
Fox news has not yet announced an arrest. I have to wonder, since it appears there was no evidence of the girls being bound, how the killer managed to restrain the second girl while killing the first. What an awful, terrible thing for these sweet little best friends to suffer through.
I just don't understand why..... :(
those poor little girls. They are so cute. And his own daughter, little Laura.

I wonder about the two families.
The mother doesn't have Laura or her father's last name and the other little girl Tobias has a brother with a different last name... sounds like they come from broken homes :(
Poor little angels.

Mabel said:
There is always the possibility he knocked them unconcious...I believe I saw earlier reports of injuries to the head as if they had been kicked or beaten:(

I think that its possible that he had possibly been sexually molesting them and was concerned that they were going to tell on him??????

Jeana (DP) said:
I think that its possible that he had possibly been sexually molesting them and was concerned that they were going to tell on him??????
I was just going to post something like this. It seems most of these cases involve pedophilia. SICK!

Jeana (DP) said:
I definitely wonder if the autopsies had shown prior abuse, but it appeared that they weren't assaulted according to the coroner's report info that the media reported...
I wonder if they witnessed something? Maybe did an "I'm gonna tell mom" thing?
And he snapped?

Jeana (DP) said:
I think its possible that he had been sexually molesting the girls IN THE PAST and maybe was getting concerned that they were going to tell on him.
I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe he was trying to lure his daughter into the woods and the best friend starts standing up to him and he blows. The picture of the guy is scarey.

Maybe, after he went to prison, the mom decides to make a break and then he shows up and she's to afraid to tell him to get lost because of his bad temper.

I guess we have to wait on the PC and media to find out any more info.

During the press conference yesterday reporter's repeatedly questioned the status of the bikes. The spokesperson was only able to confirm 1 bike was recovered ... however, he said that they could have recovered the 2nd bike and he was just unaware of it at that particular time. I think this is what confused the situation.

Another ODD thing was reporters showed Krystal's house being searched, fingerprinted and swabs going in and out ... NOT Laura's house.

Reminds me of the West Memphis Three case. Except it was little boys stabbed, found in the woods with their bicycles.

Of course many believe the three found guilty of that crime are not in fact guilty and their is heavy suspicion one of the boys step father did the killings.

That case was so badly investigated even if the three convicted ever get a new trial and released, the true killer will never be convicted.

golfmom said:
Another ODD thing was reporters showed Krystal's house being searched, fingerprinted and swabs going in and out ... NOT Laura's house.
actually they did take stuff from Hobbs house....

Hollabaugh said that police took some clothes from the family and also a computer to see if Laura had been on an Internet chat room. Hollabaugh said investigators also talked to Laura's siblings about Jerry Hobbs. He said Jerry had just returned to the area about a month earlier after serving time in a Texas prison.
Hollobaugh is Laura's grandfather....

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4470540/detail.html

Becba said:
Reminds me of the West Memphis Three case. Except it was little boys stabbed, found in the woods with their bicycles.

Of course many believe the three found guilty of that crime are not in fact guilty and their is heavy suspicion one of the boys step father did the killings.

That case was so badly investigated even if the three convicted ever get a new trial and released, the true killer will never be convicted.

What a parade of freaks that case was. Of course, I personally believe the three are guilty.

Becba said:

Becba...my daughter and I were just talking about the same thing this morning...very similar...even down to riding the bikes when they were last seen and the wooded area with a ravine that they were found it. I've followed the WM3 case closely for years...incredibly botched case...IMO they had NO evidence whatsoever to convict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove