IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This loser's excuse is MONEY??????!!! He murdered his own daughter and her friend over money and her being grounded! My own 8 year old can be mouthy on a good day, but I have never and would never (neither would dh) even think of something so awful. I do not care what that child did...she did not deserve to die. My heart is breaking for her friends family as well. Can you imagine knowing that ugly SOB took your daughter's life simply because she was there? Simply because she saw too much. I want to hear from the mother now. Didn't she realize he was missing during that time? I would hope she had no idea he murdered them, but wouldn't you notice a change in mood like that? It's disgusting to think the last face those two girls saw was that disgusting mug. :sick:

mrs4point0 said:
My 11-year-old makes me really angry of late. You know, you've all been through the smart mouth stage........talking back, pushing the limits, saying no, etc. It is SO very frustrating. Sometimes I really want to snatch her lips off, but geez! I would never do anything to hurt her, much less kill her.

As some of you already know, I grew up under the very violent and controlling hands of an alcoholic father. Believe me, I know about anger and frustration. However, I've never 'snapped.' I just don't buy that 'because of *stick whatever excuse you want here* I just snapped and couldn't control myself' bit. It just doesn't float with me. Too many people use that excuse. I know plenty of people that have been through horrendous ordeals, and they can control themselves just fine.

Go read my earlier posts, it's exactly as I said. I grew up with my mother always pinning me against my father and believe me, I know how parents can manipulate kids, even if they don't realize it. This girl was the same age I was went I started mouthing off, and it had a lot to do with my parents fighting and always dragging me into their battles. My father would never do what this guy did, my father is a poor soul living his last days without his kids around now, but I can imagine a guy snapping, someone who is unstable to begin with. It's about taking responsibility.

Although, I'm telling you, I bet this guy has a lower than 100 IQ. He might not be what we would call "mentally retarded" because he does not have DS, but he DOES NOT look "right." In psychology, you learn how the forehead, eyes spread apart....it's wrong. I see his nose has been broken but it's about the forehead and eyes.

I say give all these guys a lobotomy and castrate them. :doh:

SauerKraut said:
And another thing, maybe I'm wrong, but does the guy look like he isn't "right?" Like he looks like he had fetal alcohol syndrome, or something? His eyes look funny and the way his face is, is he slightly, you know....I don't want to offend anyone. But he looks like there is (and always was) something wrong with him. Not just mean, something else. Or am I imagining it?
I didn't say it earlier, but all I could think is that he looked rather neanderthal in nature...kind of like he hadn't evolved as the rest of humankind has... what a sick f*&^

Seeker said:
Child molester's & killers =shot on site. No lengthy and costly court battle, no stalling tactics, no trying to make up excuses as to why they did it. Nothing. Give them the same sentance that they give their victims and carry it out immediately.

I agree with all of your post, but in particular the above.....NO SECOND CHANCES...... :behindbar :sick:

Just pathetic. May their little souls rest in peace, once and for all. Sickening.

Please continue this discussion in the crimes and trial forum. It will make it much easier to keep up if everyone posts their information, thoughts and opinions in the same place. If this case should eventually warrant its own forum, it will also be easier to move posts if they are all in one place.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23140&page=1&pp=25

Those poor babies and their families. This guy had major issues. Why did the mom let him in the house. She should have divorced his *advertiser censored** while he was in prison. I just can not believe that with all his trouble with his temper, he has never used it against his wife and child. I bet we find out that he was beating them. Sicko should have served his full sentence. Yea, he's a REAL man.

:chicken:

Why does this thread not have its own forum? He's been arrested... and it's pretty high topic. Would love to see it so...

ISPTRAX said:
Why does this thread not have its own forum? He's been arrested... and it's pretty high topic. Would love to see it so...
Timex said on the missing forum thread about this:
Please continue this discussion in the crimes and trial forum. It will make it much easier to keep up if everyone posts their information, thoughts and opinions in the same place. If this case should eventually warrant its own forum, it will also be easier to move posts if they are all in one place.

Jerry Hobbs has a special corner of hell just waiting for him. Those poor little angels.

Nancy

Ok, so what do we know about the "mother"? She let this freak back into her life with loving arms? Or what? Is she one of those PrisonTalk Freaks? Did he come back home after murdering these poor girls? Had to be covered in blood. What's the "mother" saying?????

Not only do people have to worry about monsters outside of their home, but also now they have to worry about monsters inside of their homes.

What is wrong with the world? I just cannot fathom hurting another human being; I couldn't even think about causing harm to my worst enemy, how can one do that to their own flesh and blood?

I swear, some people are worst than animals. Even crocodiles are more gentle and loving towards their own young than the human race is! Ugh! This is just too sad.

I keep thinking of Krystal, and her family.

She looks well-groomed - and groomed appropriately for a little girl - in her picture.

I wonder how they feel about this. I wonder if they had hesitation allowing their daughter to become best friends and inseparable with a sweet little girl from a trash family. I wonder if they had rules like the girls could play at Krystal's house, but couldn't go over to Laura's house. And I wonder if Krystal's family was grateful for Laura's sweet friendship but very, very hesitant about her monster family.

And what did they get for their generosity? A dead child.

I just hate Laura's father, and her mother. Angry angry angry, sorry. : (

4471937_200X150.jpg

Rap Sheet

Arrested July 27, 1990 for aggravated assault with a weapon. Convicted Aug. 24, 1990.

Arrested July 3, 1994 for driving while license suspended, misdemeanor. Convicted Aug. 22, 1994.

Arrested July 30 1994 for possession of marijuana less than 2 oz. Convicted Sept. 12, 1994.

Arrested Dec. 11, 1995 for failing to identify fugitive from justice, misdemeanor. Convicted Feb. 12, 1996.

Arrested Jan. 16, 1997 for assault causing bodily injury, misdemeanor. Convicted March 18, 1997.

Arrested Aug. 10, 1997 for driving while license suspended, misdemeanor. Convicted Oct. 9, 1997.

Arrested Sept. 13, 1997 for resisting arrest, misdemeanor. Convicted Nov. 17 1997.

Arrested Sept. 27 1997 for evading arrest, misdemeanor. Convicted Dec. 1, 1997.

Arrested Sept. 15, 1998 for possession of marijuana, less than 2 oz., misdemeanor. Convicted Nov. 9, 1998.

Arrested Aug. 4 2001 for aggravated assault, causes severe bodily injury, second-degree felony. Convicted Dec. 5, 2002.

probation was revoked Sept. 4, 2003.
incarceration on Oct. 17, 2003. Hobbs was released April 12, 2005.

He then joined Laura and her mom in Zion in April.

OMGosh05 said:
Not only do people have to worry about monsters outside of their home, but also now they have to worry about monsters inside of their homes.

What is wrong with the world? I just cannot fathom hurting another human being; I couldn't even think about causing harm to my worst enemy, how can one do that to their own flesh and blood?

I swear, some people are worst than animals. Even crocodiles are more gentle and loving towards their own young than the human race is! Ugh! This is just too sad.

I think our society is suffering the ravages of a long and strong drug culture and meth is the most evil of them all. The process has taken a couple of generations but the bomb has landed. jmo

KatherineQ said:
I keep thinking of Krystal, and her family. I wonder how they feel about this. I wonder if they had hesitation allowing their daughter to become best friends and inseparable with a sweet little girl from a trash family. I wonder if they had rules like the girls could play at Krystal's house, but couldn't go over to Laura's house. And I wonder if Krystal's family was grateful for Laura's sweet friendship but very, very hesitant about her monster family.

"Trash family"?! I think this is rather harsh. Yes, Laura's father is a piece of trash but he just showed up recently. Obviously the mother's sense of judgement is in question, but we haven't heard the story yet (or at least I haven't). She was residing in Illinois while he was incarcerated hundreds of miles away in Texas. But "trash family" is passing the sins of the father to innocents. Laura was not "trash" and all of the wonderful things said about her indicate that her mother was doing something right. She had siblings that weren't "trash" and I have seen her grandmother interviewed several times and she seems like a very decent woman who is heartbroken about what has happened.

Monsters like Hobbs can be found in "desirable families" and "trash families" alike. While I am sure they regret that their little Krystal ever encountered mr. Hobbs, I doubt the Tobias family regrets the apparently loving relatioship she had with Laura (I hope!). I've heard that the two families were close. At least some people do not choose their friends based on other's judgement of "trashiness".

17_42_tobias_krystal_ap.jpg
17_43_hobbs_laura_50.jpg
21_14_hobbs_jerry_90.jpg

She was probably grounded so I guess he went looking for them (they were on one bike) saw them at the park and went after them, found them and killed them in the early evening hours (not midnight). The DA hinted that there was some dispute with Laura's mother. There will be more details after the bond hearing tomorrow morning.

So I'm thinking that the lights that the neighbor saw in the park was him maybe killing them? jmo

I am also thinking that he has been abusing her and she might have told her little friend. jmo

Sorry Cypros, I don't mean to be offensive, (and this isn't class related, it's character related) but yes, trash. I stand by the statement that her mother is trash.

Any woman who would lay down with a man like that, and create a baby and welcome him back in the house, is trash. After he chased her around, and others, with a chain saw and had to be subdued by a neighbor with a shovel, she took him back. She put her own desire to have a man (any man, even a monster man) over her daughter's need for safety.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

When women don't stick up for their children, the children are helpless. God help the motherless child, which that dear Laura Hobbs was. Motherless. And now, Krystal, her best friend, is dead also.

So sad.... it's like here we go again. I'd like to know more about the mother... Did the KILLER come home to her blood-ridden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member