Found Deceased IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, 20 Aug 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
13WREX retweeted
Rebecca Klopf ‏@RebeccaKlopf13 2m2 minutes ago
Rockford PD says no evidence he was abducted and it was not a random act. The public is not in danger. @13WREX

Rebecca Klopf ‏@RebeccaKlopf13 3m3 minutes ago
Rockford PD says links to Chicago dismembered body is merely speculation. @13WREX

Rebecca Klopf ‏@RebeccaKlopf13 22s22 seconds ago
Rockford PD says this does not meet criteria for Amber Alert. @13WREX

Josh Morgan ‏@Josh_MorganWREX 2m2 minutes ago
It is not clear at this point when Kyrian was last seen but it is believed to be mid-August, 2015. @13WREX

Josh Morgan ‏@Josh_MorganWREX 31s32 seconds ago
#Rockford Police is working with several regional and national law enforcement agencies, including the FBI on Kyrian's disappearance.

Active now.
Questions:
No evidence of abduction.
We immediately looked at if an Amber Alert could be issued, evidence shows at this time we don't believe he was abducted.
He was reported missing by the person who was taking care of him. LE reached out to his mother, he was entered as a missing child.

Why no AA?
There is a flier on the table that lists the criteria.

You mentioned Ky was with an individual, was that person in Chicago?
We don't know, we believe he was at a residence in Rockford, we don't know if he travelled.
Anything is possible, we are looking into all angles and all types of evidence.

He was last seen mid August, report not un til 9/17, can you shed light on that?
We are inv. timeline, Ky's mother ind. she dropped him off sometime in mid august, we're not sure.
Missing and Exploited children needed a date for flier.

It was a family friend he was with.

Can you characterize the conversation with CPD about remains of child in GP?
Only to the extent that a detetive sergeant reached out to CPD, they sent a team of detectives who have been doing a general investigation. It is speculative right now to say it is Kyrian.

Do you believe he is alive?
That is the hope for every citizen, and the focus of our investigation is to look for him.
Agencies around the midwest contacting us, saying the public has been providing them with information.
Public: If you have nay information about this beautiful boy, please reach out to us.
Our sole purpose now is to find Kyrian Knox and return him to his family.

Where do you think he is?
He didn't leave on his own. We're following up with family for information. Premature to release all information.
Mother with them throughout the weekend.

Is everyone involved cooperating?
Yes. We appreciate that.

Is the family friend that he was with, is he missing?
No.

Why do you think the Chicago connection is speculation?
Because CPD hasn't identified the body in Chicago.
What the CPD does is for them to comment on.

Why isn't the mother here today?
We didn't invite her here today. This is to update you with information you've been asking for.

Hopefully we will do daily briefings if needed.
Our goal is to keep the public informed.

Thank you for coming, I wish I could offer more information...
breaks in ?
Is there a reward being offered?
We saw something on a flier, we haven't confirmed it.

Why didn't mom know before you contacted her?
Officers reached out by phone, she came and met with detectives.

The only thing I can say on DNA is that Kyrians mom provided a sample, we have asked for an expedited response. The labs get it done as quickly as possible, we hope we get an expedited response.

Do you think he's still in Rockford?
At this time we have no idea. If we knew, we'd have him.

Thank you for coming.

END.

I don't understand how he can say it is merely speculation when they apparantly took DNA from the mother, something isn't adding up.

I feel like they could be keeping some things silent as not to tip off anybody before they get arrest warrants, etc. together. You don't want people to go missing.

Rebecca Klopf ‏@RebeccaKlopf 3m3 minutes ago
Rockford PD says Chicago PD have not identified the body so to say it is connected is speculation. @13WREX

Rebecca Klopf ‏@RebeccaKlopf13 50s50 seconds ago
Rockford PD says they asked for an expedited response from the DNA. @13WREX

I feel like they could be keeping some things silent as not to tip off anybody before they get arrest warrants, etc. together. You don't want people to go missing.

Yeah, makes sense! Also they said that's CPD's call to basically give that info if it were to be Kyrian although he mustn't think the public are hat stupid to believe that, course they will be in talks with eachother.

No new info then really only that the tip lines on the 10k flier are not confirmed and yet this is the flier mother is sharing on her FB.

Well, we should be used to these kinds of pressers. So frustrating. :tsktsk:

Okay. So it looks like he WAS with a family friend, and the family friend reported him missing. But he hasn't been abducted. What does that leave?? Did his dad come and get him? Or did he die in the care of the family friend?

He didn't leave on his own and he was not abducted :thinking:

He didn't leave on his own and he was not abducted :thinking:

Could it be that the family friend is saying the mom came back and took him, but the mom is saying that didn't happen?

Oh my lordy. Thus is sooooo frustrating. I understand that for the sake of the investigation they can't reveal all, but darn it can't they just tell us😣

Rockford PD says no evidence he was abducted and it was not a random act. The public is not in danger.

If Kyrian was not abducted and this is not a random act than what else is there?

You don't just loose a child.

I think it's just a matter of time before someone is going to be charged with the disappearance of Kyrian.

JMO

Could it be that the family friend is saying the mom came back and took him, but the mom is saying that didn't happen?

This is what I gather with the "wait what? I'm confused" text. Notice the presser did not mention there being any transfer to the tattooed couple.

Is it likely that the DNA results are actually back but LE are strategically choosing not to release that information yet? Or could the DNA results really not be back yet? I don't know how long they usually take.

This is what I gather with the "wait what? I'm confused" text. Notice the presser did not mention there being any transfer to the tattooed couple.

No... well, that would be an abduction, wouldn't it?

Rachel Crosby (@rachelacrosby): https://twitter.com/rachelacrosby?s=09

Any correlation btwn Kyrian and Chicago investigation are "merely speculative" at this time Rockford Police said (CPD called it strong lead)
[...]
DNA results will take time, but Rockford police said a request to expedite them was made. CPD said samples were sent to FBI
[...]
The DNA sample collected for analysis was from Kyrian's mother, Rockford police said

Rachel is a Chicago Tribune reporter that tweeted the presser. These are just a few of them.

Oh my lordy. Thus is sooooo frustrating. I understand that for the sake of the investigation they can't reveal all, but darn it can't they just tell us😣

Right? C'mon. Just a little WS presser. We won't tell anyone, promise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298