IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably the most likely scenario. It's also possible that ALL of them stopped, and as he was about to gather their I.D.'s and begin to question them, he was jumped by all three and wrestled to the ground.

I've been waiting for a week now to hear about additional shoeprints at the scene that would verify the presence of these three men............... still waiting. :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

I guess it's possible that the scene was trampled so bad during the manhunt, that nobody thought to isolate which footprints were there and visible when his backup arrived. The way this case has gone, it wouldn't surprise me. They may not have any shoeprints to work with. That area was flooded with a 100 officers and EMT personnel shortly after his body was found. Any shoeprints on Honing road were probably also obliterated during all the chaos.

Agreed, steelman, that too and the lack of dogs being able to chase anything down would argue for the perps getting out of there by car or boat or both before LE arrived, not on foot, as was initially suspected and searched for, I guess?

A boat???

Not sure how one would get out of there by boat, unless it was on a boat trailer, or a boat hooked to some vehicle capable of hauling a boat.

The 52-year-old lieutenant had been shot twice, according to sources familiar with the investigation - once in the back area of his neck and once in the bulletproof vest over his stomach.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/authori...me-3-suspects-in-fox-lake-cop-killing/974805/

Late Tuesday, Cmdr. Filenko told the I-Team he wouldn't comment on, confirm or deny the gunshot information given to the I-Team by several sources familiar with the case: that shortly after arriving on the desolate gravel road, Lt. Gliniewicz was hit twice - once in the lower stomach region covered by his bulletproof vest and once in his neck area toward the back.

Police say they have investigated 185 leads, and collected at least 50 DNA swabs from individuals, trying to match one unknown DNA sample found at the scene.

"We are working diligently with crime lab to try and establish an identification of that DNA," Cmdr. Filenko said.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...2!3m1!1s0x880f7805bcb27aab:0x2e0ede61044ec752

At this image you can see trailers at the top center, iirc they are 53' long.

At the center just below the trailers is the rd and approximately where the car was found.

http://fox6now.com/2015/09/06/its-b...-prepare-to-say-goodbye-to-lt-joe-gliniewicz/

The lieutenant made the first call at 7:52 a.m. and called three minutes later to request backup. The backup units arrived at 8:01 and found their fellow officer dead, roughly 50 yards from his vehicle, at 8:09.

bbm 50 yards from the vehicle, that's 150 feet or three trailers. He was Probably found in the bottom center on the map picture. jmo idk

I wonder if Lt. Gliniewicz had/used a locking/retention holster?

Another thought is if the three took off running and one was able to stop and conceal themselves and officer Gliniewicz ran past the one in pursuit of the two that he could see and then pulled his weapon and hollered to stop and the one that stopped and hid came out from behind and disarmed officer Gliniewicz and shot him. jmo idk

It is a pretty open view from Rollins Rd. into the cement plant. I've wondered if there was something going on, spotted from a drive-by on Rollins, then he drove around to the primary entrance on Sayton Rd. Entering from Sayton would be more straightforward than Rollins, as he would have had to go off road, over a bike path, through a gate, and over train track rails (not an improved crossing)....

View attachment 81242

Outstanding-Both the scenarios above are exactly what my initial thoughts were. Natural instincts are often best . No reason not to belive Lt. JOE was headed down Rollins to Devlin to the Police Station on Rt.59. Sipping his coffee and saw activity and doubled back and around to Honing Rd.

Why does anyone describe the suspects as hiding or on the run? By 11:00 the 2 "white guys" could be at any of the numerous area bars calmly enjoying a burger and a beer. The "black guy" wouldn't blend in quite as well but could easily have accessed a vehicle and put a few miles between him and the town. Piece of cake if a vehicle was parked towards the animal hospital and not in sight of video.

Everything seemed so focused on finding video of 2 white guys and a black guy.If you consider the old cement yard a meeting location and that perhaps the 2 white guys met the black guy there (likely enough)
then Lt. Gliniewicz would be the only one to see them grouped together.

Plenty likely the perps wouldn't need to be anywhere else and seem oddly missing. Single - Unemployed or barely working part time - Hot day at the end of summer..out of towners all around to blend in with even on a week day. Secluded area with lots of cover to escape from then nothing left to do except blend in.

Another thought is if the three took off running and one was able to stop and conceal themselves and officer Gliniewicz ran past the one in pursuit of the two that he could see and then pulled his weapon and hollered to stop and the one that stopped and hid came out from behind and disarmed officer Gliniewicz and shot him. jmo idk

It is a pretty open view from Rollins Rd. into the cement plant. I've wondered if there was something going on, spotted from a drive-by on Rollins, then he drove around to the primary entrance on Sayton Rd. Entering from Sayton would be more straightforward than Rollins, as he would have had to go off road, over a bike path, through a gate, and over train track rails (not an improved crossing)....

View attachment 81242

Outstanding-Both the scenarios above are exactly what my initial thoughts were. Natural instincts are often best . No reason not to belive Lt. JOE was headed down Rollins to Devlin to the Police Station on Rt.59. Sipping his coffee and saw activity and doubled back and around to Honing Rd.

Why does anyone describe the suspects as hiding or on the run? By 11:00 the 2 "white guys" could be at any of the numerous area bars calmly enjoying a burger and a beer. The "black guy" wouldn't blend in quite as well but could easily have accessed a vehicle and put a few miles between him and the town. Piece of cake if a vehicle was parked towards the animal hospital and not in sight of video.

Everything seemed so focused on finding video of 2 white guys and a black guy.If you consider the old cement yard a meeting location and that perhaps the 2 white guys met the black guy there (likely enough)
then Lt. Gliniewicz would be the only one to see them grouped together.

Plenty likely the perps wouldn't need to be anywhere else and seem oddly missing. Single - Unemployed or barely working part time - Hot day at the end of summer..out of towners all around to blend in with even on a week day. Secluded area with lots of cover to escape from then nothing left to do except blend in.

View attachment 81242

Outstanding-Both the scenarios above are exactly what my initial thoughts were. Natural instincts are often best.*

Why does anyone describe the suspects as in hiding or on the run? By 11:00 the 2 "white guys" could be at any of the numerous area bars calmly enjoying a burger and a beer. The "black guy" wouldn't blend in quite as well but could easily have accessed a vehicle and put a few miles between him and the town. Piece of cake if a vehicle was parked towards the animal hospital and not in sight of video.*

Everything seemed so focused on finding video of 2 white guys and a black guy.If you consider the old cement yard a meeting location and that perhaps the 2 white guys met the black guy there (likely enough)*
then Lt. Gliniewicz would be the only one to see them grouped together.*

View attachment 81242

Outstanding-The scenario above is exactly what my initial thoughts were. Natural instincts are often best.*

Why does anyone describe the suspects as in hiding or on the run? By 11:00 the 2 "white guys" could be at any of the numerous area bars calmly enjoying a burger and a beer. The "black guy" wouldn't blend in quite as well but could easily have accessed a vehicle and put a few miles between him and the town. Piece of cake if a vehicle was parked towards the animal hospital and not in sight of video.*

Everything seemed so focused on finding video of 2 white guys and a black guy.If you consider the old cement yard a meeting location and that perhaps the 2 white guys met the black guy there (likely enough)*

Outstanding-The scenario above is exactly what my initial thoughts were. Natural instincts are often best.*

https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...2!3m1!1s0x880f7805bcb27aab:0x2e0ede61044ec752

At the center just below the trailers is the rd and approximately where the car was found.

http://fox6now.com/2015/09/06/its-b...-prepare-to-say-goodbye-to-lt-joe-gliniewicz/

The lieutenant made the first call at 7:52 a.m. and called three minutes later to request backup. The backup units arrived at 8:01 and found their fellow officer dead, roughly 50 yards from his vehicle, at 8:09.

bbm 50 yards from the vehicle, that's 150 feet or three trailers. He was Probably found in the bottom center on the map picture. jmo idk

Thank you, Elley Mae, you make great sense with the layout you mention. Some tilt views going off your map.

A tilt Fox Lake.jpg

B tilt Fox Lake.jpg

Cx tilt Fox Lake.jpg

NO CORONER RULING YET IN FOX LAKE OFFICER SHOOTING
Tanja Babich, ABC7Chicgo
Thursday, September 10 '15 7:59 am

B Fox Lake site.jpg

Fox Lake site.jpg

Quoting my own post.

The last call that Joe made was at 7:55, not knowing where he was at that call or how long before he exited the vehicle it was 6 minutes before they arrived.
When back-up arrived at 8:01 they found him 8 minutes later. So there was 14 minutes that went by, (max) head start the three had before the hunt for them began. Thats alot of time. jmo idk

Fox Lake Officer's Fatal Wound Was From His Torso: Coroner

From the link:

e gunshot that killed Fox Lake Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz was to his torso, Lake County Coroner Thomas Rudd said Thursday.
Rudd had said Wednesday that the 52-year-old officer died of a single devastating gunshot wound but he did not say where the officer was shot. He offered the new information Thursday morning, he said, to dispel rumors. Reports from local media that Gliniewicz suffered a wound to the back of his neck are inaccurate, Rudd said.

Seeing some outstanding posts here that match what my initial thoughts were before the drips and drops of info from Mr. Filenko appeared. Natural instincts are often best.

We had a case here recently of an office working a construction zone.
He was just there with his lights on to slow people down.
Not an assignment I would expect him to wear a bullet proof vest for.

Luckily for him he was wearing one.
Some cops are religious about wearing their vest every time they are at work.
Others are not.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...hot-In-The-Back-Saved-By-Vest-Suspect-Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee