IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he made an error because he's interviewing guests based on the one suspect in custody premise - not three. Dog gone it! Presser soon so hopefully that will clear it up for sure. (Sorry).

I'm confused; did I miss something? Did anyone else hear that they actually have ANY suspects in custody during the presser?

ETA: They didn't even take questions ~

mayor Schmidt - Village of Fox Lake

Fox Lake lost a family member

Lt Joe Gliniewicz was a dear personal friend

response by LE from local state and fed agencies has been remarkable thanks all of them

officers having difficult day - lost family member, colleague friend

community having a difficult time - officer was father of four boys. Decorated. Many residents knew him as "GI Joe".

focused in three areas. Mourn Gliniewicz. Insure public safety. [sorry missed third]

School dismissing at 4 rather than 3 today. (safety concerns)

[paraphrased from this afternoons presser]

Press conference already over and they did not announce any suspects in custody. Still searching the area.

after the presser the camera cut to what appears to be live video footage of response teams searching a neighborhood and then the stream just stopped?

There is no confirmation of anyone in custody at the news conference

Per CNN. We want to clear up the confusion. No one in custody. No link. That's live.

Press conference already over and they did not announce any suspects in custody. Still searching the area.

Could it be LE wants the other 2 suspects to think they don't have one of the three in custody? Not sure if there is any advantages in that, just hoping they do have one of them.

Darn. They must be hunkered down somewhere already. :sigh:

I'd like to know who the creep was that said one was in custody! Typical vetting and verification by MSM. Probably took it as fact from twitter. GRRR. JMO

does it seem that the randomness means that any of them could disappear into the woodwork and never be seen for decades? There was a case in Southern California decades ago that reminds me of this.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-fox-lake-school-lockdown-20150901-story.html

The Fox Lake police officer shot and killed while chasing three suspects Tuesday morning was a 30-year veteran of the force who went by the nickname "G.I. Joe" and was married with four children, according to police and family.

"He's got four sons who are going to have to go on alone," said Terry Resetar, mother-in-law of the slain officer, Charles Joseph Gliniewicz, 52.

The veteran officer had also indicated he was planning to retire later this month, said Fox Lake Mayor Donny Schmit, a close friend.

More at link....

RIP Officer Gliniewicz [emoji257]

I'd like to know who the creep was that said one was in custody! Typical vetting and verification by MSM. Probably took it as fact from twitter. GRRR. JMO

Now Miss/Mr Cady- stop being silly! IIRC, it was CNN, of course, Tapper I think!! Shame on you for not just knowing that wrong info is from CNN! Shame shame ha!

Could it be LE wants the other 2 suspects to think they don't have one of the three in custody? Not sure if there is any advantages in that, just hoping they do have one of them.

Does anyone remeber if sweat said they followed media converage - cause when I read this I thought if there young they dont even know what a news braodcast is- there playing video games------news? whats that stuff!

Do we have a age range on the three?

Someone had mentioned maybe the slain officer had a dash cam or body cam, and perhaps LE has footage of the three. But, my thoughts are if they had any more details aside from "two white males and one black male" they would have released the details, including possible estimated age ranges, so people have a better idea of who to be on the lookout for? IDK. JMO.

Something I have seen too often, and saw again today as a resident of the community was describing it during an interview on CNN: "Oh, this is a quiet place. We don't really have any crime here! Nobody even locks their doors here!"

What is WITH people announcing on national television that people in this community "never lock their doors??? Is that supposed to be a boast of how wonderfully safe the community is? Doors have locks on them for a reason - "they keep honest people honest".

First of all, it is a really dumb thing to not be in the habit of locking one's doors. Secondly, it is even dumber to announce it to the world. Especially at a time when there will undoubtedly be a more than usual amount of "strangers" in town.

I wish the producers of the networks would have a chat with folks they are going to interview to warn them against saying things like this during an interview.

My warning about this is based on personal experience. My habit is to ALWAYS keep my doors locked - of course when I go out and even when I am in the home. Some years ago a friend stopped by to visit, left by my front door, and I neglected to check to see if it was properly locked.

Later in that same day I showered in my upstairs bath and the moment I stepped out of the shower I heard a voice from downstairs, loudly calling my name. It turns out that an extremely intrusive neighbor had entered my home through my unlocked front door and made herself comfortable in my living room, because "she knew I was home because she could hear my shower running".

After demanding, "What are you doing here and how did you get into my house?" this woman answered "Your door was open". I looked at her and said "No, my door was not OPEN. Apparently it was unlocked. Meaning you came to my closed front door and ended up trying the door handle to see if it was locked. And when it was not, you opened my door and entered my home! That is a ridiculous thing to do - I want you to get the HELL out of my house, right now!"

I have no idea what this neighbor woman wanted that day. We were NOT particularly "friends", certainly not of a nature to be walking into each others' houses.

This experience really disturbed me. It showed me how very easy it is for someone to "invade your space" and that there are people who will do it.

DEVELOP THE HABIT OF LOCKING YOUR DOORS! TEACH YOUR CHILDREN TO LOCK THE DOORS!

They had 12 hours of daylight to find them........they didn't. Send everybody home.

One of their relatives will call it in when they show up for money or a car.

Typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member