IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting and a little confusing. If they have picture(s), why not broadcast them? Unless it might spook a local to flee. Any clue from the report specifically when the pictures were shown to the condo people? Or where the condo was?

She said Wednesday. I listened to the name of the place about 10 times and I can't understand her. Sounds like Hindglen Condo Complex.

She said Wednesday. I listened to the name of the place about 10 times and I can't understand her. Sounds like Hindglen Condo Complex.

Pretty good ears! I just googled and found Hidden Glen Condos in Fox Lake on Cora Ave. Wonder if those are the ones?

I live about 10 minutes from Fox Lake, and have been following the case since it happened. It has been a scary week around here. Just wanted to share my thoughts.

The local high school in Fox Lake is Grant Community. They start their school day at 7:40am. It is about 1/2 mile from the crime scene.

Officer Gliniewicz worked with the Grant High School Police Explorers. It was common for the officer to be seen at the school. He knew many of the students.

If he were on his way into work and saw three high school boys walking when they should have been in school, I have no doubt he would stop to ask them what they were doing and why they weren't in school. He might do this without backup because he had seen the boys before and was unafraid of them.

On September 1st, there were at least two high school students who didn't show up for classes that morning. One of the boys has a sister who went on FB later in the day and posted, "has anyone seen my brother?" The boy didn't turn up at home until Wednesday evening. I'm not sure if the other boy went home.

If it is high school students who are the suspects here, it makes sense that the police would keep descriptions quiet. It also makes sense that they would say in their press conference that they are confident the perps are still in the area.

I have contacted the PD and sent them screenshots of the sister asking for help in locating her brother on Facebook. I hope my theory is completely off-base.

Kristen

This is very interesting to me. I'm so glad that you tipped LE. It would explain a few things. JMO

Pretty good ears! I just googled and found Hidden Glen Condos in Fox Lake on Cora Ave. Wonder if those are the ones?

Thanks. I kept rewinding to try to hear what she was saying. I figured someone else could get it. Yes! Those are them. I just looked up the pictures on google and they match.

Thanks. I kept rewinding to try to hear what she was saying. I figured someone else could get it. Yes! Those are them. I just looked up the pictures on google and they match.
I am so bad at using maps on my phone, they are try and give me directions from my house rather than let me look at different areas lol. How close are the condos to the scene? Thanks for posting the local news as it airs!

Yes, I'm pretty familiar with those condos. They are about a mile north of where it happened. They are pretty much in the center of the town of Fox Lake, with lakefront on the lake of Fox Lake, also within the local school districts. They are older, recently updated exteriors. Probably many are summer residences, but certainly many also year round. Not out of the ordinary that this would be an active search location. Still a bit confused about the picture(s) and the timing of Wed. Are they specific to this condo complex? Why have we not heard of pictures in the 3 days since?

Watched the next morning news broadcast on CBS 2 Chicago, but they were just recycling last night's unexpected presser and local interviews from yesterday. Nothing like you described. Also nothing on their website like that.

Yes, I'm pretty familiar with those condos. They are about a mile north of where it happened. They are pretty much in the center of the town of Fox Lake, with lakefront on the lake of Fox Lake, also within the local school districts. They are older, recently updated exteriors. Probably many are summer residences, but certainly many also year round. Not out of the ordinary that this would be an active search location. Still a bit confused about the picture(s) and the timing of Wed. Are they specific to this condo complex? Why have we not heard of pictures in the 3 days since?
Thank you! I am wondering those same things. Hopefully it just means LE knows more than they are releasing!

Am watching the CBS news and they stated and spoke to two individuals from a condo complex. They stated LE came and showed them a picture of an African American, asking them if they knew him. The reporter stated that LE sources have stated several photos have been put together through leads. They then said its unknown where the photo came from or how it is connected.

No link as this just aired on the 8am news.

Here's a link I saw last night about the condo complex and police asking about an African American man - http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/09...st&utm_campaign=projx_latest-stories_rss-news

I'm on my phone so hopefully that link works, otherwise just copy and paste it. From the article:

""Meanwhile, CBS 2’s Suzanne Le Mignot has learned investigators have showed residents pictures of specific individuals, asking if they recognize them."

Also, I was in Fox Lake last night (planned in advance of all this) for my boyfriend's cousin's high school football game. There was definitely a police presence at the game, and they had a moment of silence before the game started. The kids from the Fox Lake school held up a banner saying "#PoliceLivesMatter" and there were signs up on nearly all the local businesses, saying things like "I'll always remember my friend" and "RIP Joe." So terribly sad and touching.

We also passed by the police station and there's a pretty big memorial outside with balloons, flowers, and gifts.

It really hit me while I was there how loved he was. :(

I am so bad at using maps on my phone, they are try and give me directions from my house rather than let me look at different areas lol. How close are the condos to the scene? Thanks for posting the local news as it airs

No skills at map making here, but I've tried to attach a liltle pdf mock up of the proximity.

attachment.php

***I'm local in that I live in Lake County, but those who are closer, and know this area, please feel free to delete if this is not accurate.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    130.9 KB · Views: 54
I am so bad at using maps on my phone, they are try and give me directions from my house rather than let me look at different areas lol. How close are the condos to the scene? Thanks for posting the local news as it airs

No skills at map making here, but I've tried to attach a liltle pdf mock up of the proximity.

attachment.php

***I'm local in that I live in Lake County, but those who are closer, and know this area, please feel free to delete if this is not accurate.

Thanks, all so close. I went and looked for places for sale in the subdivision, and there are a lot of places for sale in there.

A lot of places have been sold, I was on a site with so many for sale, or foreclosures, must have been on a site that wasn't updated, which I find strange. For lakefront, some really great deals in the subdivision. Wonder why the photo hasn't been released to the public yet?

A lot of places have been sold, I was on a site with so many for sale, or foreclosures, must have been on a site that wasn't updated, which I find strange. For lakefront, some really great deals in the subdivision.
They are smaller in size and older. Also, they have lakefront access, but few of the units are directly on the water. As far as foreclosures, "extras" are soon to go in a down economy...vacation homes, boats, etc.

They are smaller in size and older. Also, they have lakefront access, but few of the units are directly on the water. As far as foreclosures, "extras" are soon to go in a down economy...vacation homes, boats, etc.

I was amazed at the prices, there needs to be remodeling done, some more work than others. Is there a drug problem around the area? I was shocked when I had gone back to live in WI where I grew up, that there was a heroin problem, I would have never guessed that. Towns like Fox Lake, and like where I grew up really depend on summer resources, sure hope the area gets tons of visitors and people spend a lot of money around the area.

Maybe something was dropped to connect to the condos. It doesn't appear to be a gated community where you need a badge, or whatever it is called, to get inside the gate.

A lot of places have been sold, I was on a site with so many for sale, or foreclosures, must have been on a site that wasn't updated, which I find strange. For lakefront, some really great deals in the subdivision. Wonder why the photo hasn't been released to the public yet?

Maybe from a tip someone called in and they want to identify the person and talk to him before calling him a suspect. He was referred to as an African American man but maybe he is a minor? JMO

I have a weird idea about where the pictures MIGHT have come from. Last night I was watching a 'special' with John Walsh and the Cold Cases people. And they were talking about the latest in Forensics. They showed the latest technology with DNA and facial 'photos'----they can 'predict' what a persons face looks like using their DNA. It looks like a simple drawing of their mugshot. It's called SNAPSHOT

I wonder if they are using something like that to see if it reminds people of anyone in particular ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f5248e-b85d-11e4-9423-f3d0a1ec335c_story.html

Snapshot, a program developed by a Reston, Va., company called Parabon NanoLabs, goes beyond simply listing physical attributes — eye color, hair color, ethnicity and facial features — and creates a 3-D image of what the killer might look like. The police in South Carolina hope that publicly releasing the suspect’s image and description will bring up fresh leads in a stale case.

""The guys had to go out and buy machetes and weed whackers and they've been chopping this stuff out of the way and turning over every leaf and did locate something that will be significant down the road," Covelli said."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...dence-found-fox-lake-murder-article-1.2349900

I thought maybe they found something to connect to the condos, it sure sounds like something big was found. Maybe something dropped out of one of the suspect's pockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange