IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hale said Boy Scouts officials spoke briefly with Fox Lake police last Thursday and were asked what the program needed in order to carry on. Hale said the post doesn't have enough leaders under Boy Scouts requirements to continue without Gliniewicz.

"Right now, we're on hold until the police department says, 'We're a go, and here's our new leader,'" Hale said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...rs-st-1013-20151012-story.html#navtype=outfit

This make perfect sense to me, I don't see anything to cause concern.

Thanks for this, again. The 27 or so comments under this are very interesting, as well.JMO

I think the video mentioned FL was going to ask for reimbursement or something about paying this firm 25 thousand, so I am thinking that is part of the investigation prior to the 90 minute meeting. I don't think it was until the day prior to his death LT. CG fully understood the depth of the investigation.

Why would they need to hire a PI firm about a discipline issue? We were led to believe the investigation and paid leave relating to the former chief and a fellow LEO pertained to discipline........ then the standard inventory check comes in. ay yi yi... the more I think about this case the more confusing it becomes. It just leads to more questions about both the investigation into the chief and the inventory.

Maybe there is an inventory problem here Lt. CG knew was going to be a problem if investigated........ and clearly part of that inventory investigation is likely connected to the Explorers somehow if all that equipment is locked up. This is just a guess, but maybe someone was selling inventory on the side to make extra money. Time will tell.......

ETA: I don't think the 25 thousand request is for a future investigation, but rather payment on one that started some time ago.

Maybe the investigation, if it began in earlier months and was ongoing, it why Lt. G didn't have the money to attend events out West (don't recall details, sorry).
Just thinking, not meaning to accuse cuz don't know the truth.

Exactly. If the Town thinks all these various explanations of why the program is stalled is helping out Joe's memory then they need to stop and think about it because it is not.

It makes joe look like he was unprepared and even more likely to not following policy for the program if he can't get it together enough to do a handover for his departure.

When was his departure supposed to take place? Had he turned in his official resignation? How do we know he wasn't getting things together for his departure?

Is the president of this Gold Shield Detective Agency the same Jimmy A Lee Jr who is/was the Deputy Chief of police in Roselle?

When was his departure supposed to take place? Had he turned in his official resignation? How do we know he wasn't getting things together for his departure?

We know from what the Explorers has said and what the Boy Scouts have said. And we know from Bayless has said as well as the mayor.

The reality of volunteering/mentoring youth today is much different than some might think. Often times one or two adult leaders take on the bulk of the responsibility. These same leaders usually have been in place for years and see a constant turnover of parents who either were unwilling to help out or wanted minimal responsibility.
Turning over responsibility requires that there are willing people ready to step up.

The reality of volunteering/mentoring youth today is much different than some might think. Often times one or two adult leaders take on the bulk of the responsibility. These same leaders usually have been in place for years and see a constant turnover of parents who either were unwilling to help out or wanted minimal responsibility.
Turning over responsibility requires that there are willing people ready to step up.

FLPD officer Federly is supposedly the next in command with the Explorers. Why would he be unwilling to take the lead? That could be another angle here. He might not want to be the lead because he knows about the investigation and doesn't want anything to do with it. Or he too may not be allowed to be the leader and was being removed just like Gliniewicz.

We know from what the Explorers has said and what the Boy Scouts have said. And we know from Bayless has said as well as the mayor.

But he hd not even turned in his resignation yet. So how can anyone say he had left them without the proper preparations?

Filenko is full of....

Errrr Ummmm, let me rephrase.

Filenko is both very wrong and inconsistent in his comments.

One of the ways that we know the LT was NOT out walking around for the 20 Minutes his car was located there at the gate - is because it wasn't until (after he was parked there for 20 minutes - 7:52 am) that he finally radioed in to say that he was "going to be out. . ."

Why would he radio in that he's "going to be out" if he's already been out for 20 minutes or more?[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree about Filenko. I find it very unprofessional that he dodges questions and often responds in a defensive manner by throwing a question back at the interviewer.

I am still a unconvinced about the radio situation. GPS locating technology is available in portable radios (the type carried or worn on vest) but I'm not sure if the radios used by Fox Lake actually have this feature. Even if they do, I'm not sure if the constant movement of the radios Is tracked, recorded and preserved. Filenko clearly stated that Lt G was on foot for the 20 minutes he was on scene and said that they knew of this because of GPS in his radio. I think that he may have assumed or misunderstood some of the info that he was given. They also stated that his radio calls with dispatch were made from his portable radio which transmits a unique identifier each time the microphone button is depressed. A possible honest explanation... perhaps because the vehicle GPS confirmed that he was on scene for 20 minutes and his radio traffic came from his portable radio, Felinko assumed that Lt G was on foot. Or Felinko was being deliberately misleading for any number of reasons.

Regarding Lt G using the phrase "going to be out", I'm not sure that this strongly points to him being in the car for the 20 minutes in question. He may simply have said this to be deceptive. Also, the phrase is routinely used very generically to report that you are going to be tied up with whatever activity you specify. I would expect this phrase to be used by the officer if he was calling from inside or outside of his vehicle. I can't think of any other phrase I have heard from an officer to specifically indicate that his actions are being initiated from outside his vehicle.

I also think the "going to be" refers more to his future actions of "checking 3 suspicious persons rather than inferring that he is in his car and is going to get out.

Also, if his radio transmissions were made using his portable radio as was reported, and he was in his car, it would have probably caused significant feedback due to the proximity to his mobile (vehicle mounted) radio.

Thanks for this, again. The 27 or so comments under this are very interesting, as well.JMO

Finally managed to read them all.
Hm.... so at least I am not in left field all alone.

o/t -
Cubby and everyone, ready for the game? Exciting!

I don't have cable so will have it on the radio....... I'm not sure how I feel about Hammel pitching. I was a basket case last night.. I was at the Bartman game years ago, so the nerves are shot, already! :praying:

Filenko is full of....

Errrr Ummmm, let me rephrase.

Filenko is both very wrong and inconsistent in his comments.

One of the ways that we know the LT was NOT out walking around for the 20 Minutes his car was located there at the gate - is because it wasn't until (after he was parked there for 20 minutes - 7:52 am) that he finally radioed in to say that he was "going to be out. . ."

Why would he radio in that he's "going to be out" if he's already been out for 20 minutes or more?[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree about Filenko. I find it very unprofessional that he dodges questions and often responds in a defensive manner by throwing a question back at the interviewer.

I am still a unconvinced about the radio situation. GPS locating technology is available in portable radios (the type carried or worn on vest) but I'm not sure if the radios used by Fox Lake actually have this feature. Even if they do, I'm not sure if the constant movement of the radios Is tracked, recorded and preserved. Filenko clearly stated that Lt G was on foot for the 20 minutes he was on scene and said that they knew of this because of GPS in his radio. I think that he may have assumed or misunderstood some of the info that he was given. They also stated that his radio calls with dispatch were made from his portable radio which transmits a unique identifier each time the microphone button is depressed. A possible honest explanation... perhaps because the vehicle GPS confirmed that he was on scene for 20 minutes and his radio traffic came from his portable radio, Felinko assumed that Lt G was on foot. Or Felinko was being deliberately misleading for any number of reasons.

Regarding Lt G using the phrase "going to be out", I'm not sure that this strongly points to him being in the car for the 20 minutes in question. He may simply have said this to be deceptive. Also, the phrase is routinely used very generically to report that you are going to be tied up with whatever activity you specify. I would expect this phrase to be used by the officer if he was calling from inside or outside of his vehicle. I can't think of any other phrase I have heard from an officer to specifically indicate that his actions are being initiated from outside his vehicle.

I also think the "going to be" refers more to his future actions of "checking 3 suspicious persons rather than inferring that he is in his car and is going to get out.

Also, if his radio transmissions were made using his portable radio as was reported, and he was in his car, it would have probably caused significant feedback due to the proximity to his mobile (vehicle mounted) radio.
All great points that have lead me to not trust anything Filenko says.

Is the president of this Gold Shield Detective Agency the same Jimmy A Lee Jr who is/was the Deputy Chief of police in Roselle?

Well, you answered my question, indirectly. I was wondering who that was when I browsing through the agenda packet. He was in attendance with Filenko, Covelli and the bunch on September 22nd executive meeting to discuss litigation.

j.png

FLPD officer Federly is supposedly the next in command with the Explorers. Why would he be unwilling to take the lead? That could be another angle here. He might not want to be the lead because he knows about the investigation and doesn't want anything to do with it. Or he too may not be allowed to be the leader and was being removed just like Gliniewicz.

Mrs G responded on a comment on the Explorers facebook page for people to message Federly as he is in charge right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member