IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The mayor's comment about asking Joe if he could hold his gun....just seems so odd.

If I thought that a friend was a potential harm to them self - I too would ask if I could hold their gun for awhile. Is that a possibility for what the Mayor said?

Does anyone remember when the mayor said that?

Nope. Not me.

Do you have a link?

I have been thinking about the word Mister Essy.Does that mean MISStressy or MISTERessy. I would think there are two ways it could be taken.

I totally get what you are saying. This is a possibly motive for suicide that has been speculated on other places but is difficult to speculate on on here because of the "rules".

Hmmmm.

I mentioned that as a possibility in one of my very first posts on these threads. I'm surprised we haven't had more speculation about it.
This has been speculated on in several capacities but had to be window dressed....

I find it curious that this Lake County Major Crime Task Force vehicle is still sitting in the Fox Lake PD parking lot. In the days after, there were big visible vehicles like this from many agencies that were involved, in addition to ebbs and flows of MSM vehicles. All that remains in the past few weeks is this one, sitting in the same spot.

Not originally out of place. However, I don't recall this vehicle there prior to this. This task force is not based in Fox Lake (although does have a resource on the task force, per LinkedIn). This isn't Filenko or Covelli's home department. Is ongoing task force work being done out of Fox Lake and not Libertyville or Waukegan, where I would think they are based? Could be over thinking it (here? nah. lol).

http://lcmctf.org/

attachment.php

Could that be interim chief Keller's vehicle so he isn't using a Lake County Sheriffs Vehicle while temporarily working for FLPD? Or maybe it is for show to make passersby think they are actually investigating something.

Walker,
There is much more to the suspensions than we have been told publicly.
Like I mentioned last week I happen to know the person you were speculating on (TO) is not the same person I know was suspended recently.

This person is now back on the force but did not get reinstated until September.
He worked part time for another local PD during his FLPD suspension. I am also having a hard finding out what that was all about.

But we know Joe was head of Operations. I find it very difficult to believe he was not aware of complaints made by those in jail etc....even if he was not present for the altercation. I think it possible he might have been disciplined for not doing something about the complaints considering he was chief of communications and operations.

I wonder if the Chief was in more trouble for not seeing the proper chain of command was followed and for purposely leaving his good friend Joe out of the loop.

This is just an observation and is not intended for anyone in particular but I find it interesting certain speculation about certain victims and non-suspects is tolerated but others are not....

It makes for a very convoluted and incomplete discussion imo.

It's already died in the MSM. Hasn't it?

For the most part it seems MSM.doesn't care. It is no longer a sexy story about a hero cop.

But I personally know of one reporter in Chicago who is keen on this and is digging around regarding several avenues of speculation. It takes time.

For the most part it seems MSM.doesn't care. It is no longer a sexy story about a hero cop.

But I personally know of one reporter in Chicago who is keen on this and is digging around regarding several avenues of speculation. It takes time.

Yes, it does take time. Especially for a long thorough and factual piece. There are still a few good ones out there, Investigative Journalists but far and few between.

Walker,
There is much more to the suspensions than we have been told publicly.
Like I mentioned last week I happen to know the person you were speculating on (TO) is not the same person I know was suspended recently.

I didn't figure that TO was suspended recently. What I was inquiring was in reference to him and the search warrant filed in the county.

This person is now back on the force but did not get reinstated until September.
He worked part time for another local PD during his FLPD suspension. I am also having a hard finding out what that was all about.

Okay, this is interesting. It is a mixture of the information my brother relayed. I am wondering if this is the same person I find to be curious and "off". It isn't TO. Can you provide initials? If it is same person, then we on similar page there. I have compiled a list of the PD

But we know Joe was head of Operations. I find it very difficult to believe he was not aware of complaints made by those in jail etc....even if he was not present for the altercation. I think it possible he might have been disciplined for not doing something about the complaints considering he was chief of communications and operations.

Possibly. I think anything along the lines of this realm are parlaying into the Chief investigation. Perhaps a coverup of events etc..

I wonder if the Chief was in more trouble for not seeing the proper chain of command was followed and for purposely leaving his good friend Joe out of the loop.

Yes, also a possibility.

Yes, I agree. It also struck me. I wrote a diatribe on the Mayor in my notes. Not forum friendly. Though, with really delving back on LT on FB, farther than I had gone before. Those other things he said, he really did post those things all the time. Vertical and Caffeinating, Roger that....I had a moment of guilt on the Mayor end as I was harsh on him. I still think he is not coming forward with all he knows and has some guilt for some reason or another. Whether that be his conscious, not responding back, feeling complicit or played a role in his mind indirectly or directly had involvement.

I like multi-role theories Cubby :)

My thoughts stemmed from the timing of the mayors comment about asking if he could hold or handle Lt. CG'S gun. I wondered how he might know or if he knew Lt. CG was shot with his own gun. The timing just seemed early in the investigation.

This is just an observation and is not intended for anyone in particular but I find it interesting certain speculation about certain victims and non-suspects is tolerated but others are not....

It makes for a very convoluted and incomplete discussion imo.

If you have any questions about what is ok or not please address it off forum via pm with a mod. In general it is ok to discuss what is in msm but we can not discuss someone as a poi or suspect unless they are officially named so by authorities.

hth

If I thought that a friend was a potential harm to them self - I too would ask if I could hold their gun for awhile. Is that a possibility for what the Mayor said?

Nope. Not me.

Do you have a link?

Thanks Elly Mae.

The Mayor seemed to have said (jokingly) "hey Joe, let me USE your gun!" and the Lt simply replied "negative."

It seems like an innocent (unrelated) off the cuff comment to me. Made by a very nervous and emotional old friend.

Who knows what the original context for the comment probably was. I can imagine that he (the mayor) was slightly frustrated with something and joked with Joe about using the Lt's gun to deal with it.

I've jokingly made comments like that, myself.

I 'm not thinking about why he may have committed suicide. I'm still pondering who could get close enough to Lt. CG they could gain control of his weapon and the 90 minute meeting with the mayor. The mayor's comment about asking Joe if he could hold his gun....just seems so odd.

Does anyone remember when the mayor said that?

Suicide still seems like the,most obvious outcome but I am still considering how to piece together the other options/theories.

I also remember the comment that the mayor made about Joe's gun. I agree that it seemed strange but I feel that it was more of an inside joke meant to illustrate that Joe didn't let anyone touch his gun, even a long time friend like the mayor. The mayor's comments overall seemed very awkward but that is understandable given the circumstances. He seemed genuinely upset and truthful IMO.

I just saw a news blurb on ABC7 Chicago regarding the I-Team airing an exclusive interview with Filenko on the 10pm news. At least I think they said it would air at 10.

The news blurbs for ABC 7 are for both the 6pm and 10pm broadcasts.

The teaser just said the case could be coming to a close, soon.

The teaser just said the case could be coming to a close, soon.

That would suggest suicide to me; not sure how they could bring a homicide case to a close soon, without any suspects, etc

He basically said that they should hopefully be in a place within a couple of weeks where Coroner can rule in manner of death. They are working together and speak several times a week. He understand the importance of also having all of the facts etc.. meaning the coroner. Then it goes into his credentials. He is also Chief of Police Of Round Lake Park etc.. There is more at 10. I screen recorded it, so I can go back and watch again. Case should be closed by end of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper