IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praying for the family tonight. Tomorrow is going to be so hard for them.

ADMIN NOTE: Please address any questions about forum moderation or TOS in a private message to an admin or mod. Don't ask questions in the thread, and don't take for granted another member will give you accurate information.

Thank you.

Not official yet IMO but sounds like it will be tomorrow. I'm not shocked, just sad and disappointed.

I'm not shocked. I'm not sad. I'm not disappointed. I am angry. All that money spent, wasted, over a selfish lie. What he did was selfish to his family, his peers and his community. The cost of the investigation should come from his estate. Before any one rips me a new one that pension is something he, not she, earned and his expenses should come out of that money before she is paid. His lie caused the expenses.

After the official announcement I will have more to say.

They are already leaving a huge part of this story out and I (for one) will be disappointed if the MSM fails to cover the fact that this was more than only a simple suicide. This was a suicide by a high ranking officer who tried to fake his suicide to make it look like he was killed in the line of duty. If you are going to tell the story. Tell it like it really is / was. That's all I ask. I don't like pretentiousness.

Amen!

I'm sure they have already been notified. None of this would be made public without having already notified next of kin.

I think it would have been more difficult if the announcement had been held until the end of November. At least the investigation is not going to be continuing into the holidays.

It was a hit and run post with no follow up. Take it for what it was........

Yes I know. If my memory is correct they were saying anyone that assumed suicide had no clue what they were talking about?

Nothing much new on the local Fox news report. Confirming the leak they had.

I'm pretty sure they would have been the first to be notified. If they weren't - That would be un-excusable.

Yes I know. If my memory is correct they were saying anyone that assumed suicide had no clue what they were talking about?

What stood out to me the most about that post was the comment that the investigation would take about a year or at least a year. ....and given the most recent news about the FBI's investigation, I have to think this might have been a perpetual investigation if the FBI wasn't also looking into it. The timing of a conclusion so close to the fbi announcement is noteworthy.

Thank you to the mod who updated the thread title.
:gthanks:

Not official yet IMO but sounds like it will be tomorrow. I'm not shocked, just sad and disappointed.

I'm not shocked. I'm not sad. I'm not disappointed. I am angry. All that money spent, wasted, over a selfish lie. What he did was selfish to his family, his peers and his community. The cost of the investigation should come from his estate. Before any one rips me a new one, that pension is something he, not she, earned and his expenses should come out of that money before she is paid. His lie caused the expenses.

I agree with all of this except that I'm not angry about it or indignant in any way. Though I do hope that extreme care is taken to handle the situation in a way that sends a clear message to any other officers who might be otherwise inclined to try something along the same line someday.

Since when did stations begin announcing forthcoming news intended for tomorrow?
The report I heard at five o'clock didn't include info about a press conference only that an announcement about the case will be made tomorrow.

Why not just wait and give us the news when they have it ready to give?
These reports seem like false alarms and are irritating (or for ratings) imo.

Thread #4. Post #1103
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-officer-killed-Fox-Lake-1-Sep-2015-4/page56

11-2015, 06:58 PM #1103 Softail

LOL is all I have to say.. You don't have all of the facts. Nobody in the public has all of the facts. Much that has been In the media is UNTRUE.

I will say this, there is discord between agencies. The FBI and the DHS ,,,, however there is a lot of evidence. It is an active and ongoing investigation,,,, So I appreciate them preserving the facts until there is a prosecution. Which won't come anytime soon.

It wasn't suicide.

I agree with all of this except that I'm not angry about it or indignant in any way. Though I do hope that extreme care is taken to handle the situation in a way that sends a clear message to any other officers who might be otherwise inclined to try something along the same line someday.

I have a personal reason for being angry and I will share it. Overcoming depression is work. Counseling, therapy, medications etc. is work. Resigning to the fact that in some cases antidepressant medication is a lifetime necessity to function normally is work.

Since when did stations begin announcing forthcoming news intended for tomorrow?
The report I heard at five o'clock didn't include info about a press conference only that an announcement about the case will be made tomorrow.

Why not just wait and give us the news when they have it ready to give?
These reports seem like false alarms and are irritating (or for ratings) imo.

Many of the news sources have probably sitting on findings (scoop) that they have uncovered with each their own investigations. They don't want to loose the credit for those findings and have someone beat them to it. There may be other reasons as well, but I think that is mainly why they are airing their versions before the official news is released.

I have a personal reason for being angry and I will share it. Overcoming depression is work. Counseling, therapy, medications etc. is work. Resigning to the fact that in some cases antidepressant medication is a lifetime necessity to function normally is work.

This hits very close to home.

It was a hit and run post with no follow up. Take it for what it was........

Cubby, in fairness, several years ago a Mod posted, in response to me when I was frustrated another poster hadn't answered my post, explaining WS is a message board vs. a blog.
Although, dropping in to post something so definite without providing any proof is not cool.
I'm frustrated because it is difficult to keep up with what's what these days.

I'm not shocked. I'm not sad. I'm not disappointed. I am angry. All that money spent, wasted, over a selfish lie. What he did was selfish to his family, his peers and his community. The cost of the investigation should come from his estate. Before any one rips me a new one that pension is something he, not she, earned and his expenses should come out of that money before she is paid. His lie caused the expenses.

It actually doesn't work that way. She is entitled to that pension regardless of who earned it. My brother's ex wife gets half of his pension and she deserves it. Families make certain agreements about who will be breadwinner and who will raise the children. You cannot say that just because she didn't "earn" it she doesn't "deserve" it. And as far as the expenses for the manhunt, how can you possibly expect her and her kids to pay for something like that? While that money may seem like a lot, it isn't. It needs to last her for the rest of her life. She is still raising children, still likely has a mortgage and may not have the work skills to begin a new career at this stage in her life. She counted on that money. Just because her husband made the choice to end his own life, shouldn't mean that she should be responsible for what he caused. There is also the view from many here that the manhunt was unnecessary, overblown, the investigation too long, etc... So I could imagine, in that vein, ,the wife could claim that the expenses paid and charged to her were overblown.

The fact of the matter is that the precedent here is that you would then need to charge any survivors of someone who committed suicide, or perhaps even died committing a crime, would be held responsible to pay for investigations, etc...after the fact. I can't imagine something like that happening in our society.

She will obviously not be entitled to any benefit for dying in the line of duty, but as angry as you may be at Lt G, I think it is still unfair to throw so much blame and responsibility at her feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb