IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the FoxNews article posted above:

It is accompanied by an old Greta video report on the death with her intrepid detective Ted. Its from very early on, probably within 4 or 5 days.

From the article:

"The FBI is stepping up its role in the probe of an Illinois police officer's mysterious death two months ago, mounting a comprehensive study of Joseph Gliniewicz's mental state in an effort to determine if he was murdered or died by his own hand."

"The bureau will compile its own victimology report, which is a comprehensive study of a victim’s behavior, mental state and actions. … Already, there has been speculation that Gliniewicz may have been distraught about an internal police department asset and inventory check.

“To an extent, the internal review of assets is [tied to our investigation] because it was something he was a part of, so it can’t be discounted,” Lake County Task Force spokesman Chris Covelli told Fox News.

The exact nature of Gliniewicz’s involvement in that review is not clear. Fox News has submitted multiple requests for details under the Freedom Of Information Act, but the Village of Fox Lake has declined the requests-- citing an active investigation."

"Fox News also has learned that Gliniewicz’s wife will be entitled to the officer’s pension regardless of the manner of his death, according to the pension board attorney, Laura Goodloe. The officer’s pension equates to about 75 percent of his near six-figure salary. Gliniewicz’s wife can file for the line-of-duty death benefits, which would provide her with 100 percent of his annual salary. However, the pension board would have to vote to approve the additional funding."​

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/0...is-cop-killed-under-mysterious-circumstances/

Well, well. Veerrrrry interesting the FBI is now making public their investigation basically parallels the investigation being conducted by the tash force. I'm glad. Hopefully tbat means some truth will come out of this investigation.

I did notice todays Fox article erroneously states the former chief of police retired after Lt. CG'S death.

I hope answers are coming sooner rather than later. What's glaringly missing from the media reports are the toxicology reports mentioned by Filenko at the beginning of this investigation.

I noticed that fact too, Cubby, but apparently no friends of Fox News did, as usual. Can ANYONE report the facts? Drives me nuts......JMO

Are toxicology tests always ordered on someone who has died a violent death? Just curious.

What might they be looking for?

In my view, there really isn't that much more to sleuth in this case. I (for one) am even more confident that the ruling for the manner of death will be suicide. I am a bit surprised that the family will still receive so much of his pension - even if it was a suicide and illegally staged to look like he was KIA. . . but. . . I don't know what else to say about that. Just wow.

As I read it, she's entitled to 75% of his salary right now. Which is what he's been qualified to receive for the last 2 years. She would have to apply for the additional 25%. That 25% would be approved or declined by the FLPD pension board. We don't know if she has made that request yet.

Are you saying you don't think she deserves the 75%? I don't see how you can take that away if he had already earned it years ago.

In my view, there really isn't that much more to sleuth in this case. I (for one) am even more confident that the ruling for the manner of death will be suicide. I am a bit surprised that the family will still receive so much of his pension - even if it was a suicide and illegally staged to look like he was KIA. . . but. . . I don't know what else to say about that. Just wow.

As I read it, she's entitled to 75% of his salary right now. Which is what he's been qualified to receive for the last 2 years. She would have to apply for the additional 25%. That 25% would be approved or declined by the FLPD pension board. We don't know if she has made that request yet.

That's how I read it too.

Are you saying you don't think she deserves the 75%?

I don't know the family personally so I can't comment on what they "deserve." It looks like they are "entitled" to the majority of his pension. So, you might wonder how I feel about that. My short answer is "no" - I don't think they should be entitled to that money. . . In a case where there was an attempt to defraud the tax payers by staging his suicide to make it look like he was Killed in Action.

That's only my personal opinion though and it has absolutely no bearing on the outcome in this case.

I don't see how you can take that away if he had already earned it years ago.

Just because something is earned, that doesn't mean you (or your family) is automatically and unconditionally entitled to it forever. I'm sure there are conditions and terms that have to be met and I can't imagine why an attempt to defraud the system would not have been a dis-qualifier.

Craig Wall FOX 32 ‏@craigrwall 11m11 minutes ago
BREAKING: police plan Wed news conf to reveal "very significant new info" in Joe Gliniewicz case @fox32news

https://twitter.com/craigrwall

Thanks for posting. Also:

Craig Wall FOX 32 ‏@craigrwall [video=twitter;661635906172915712]https://twitter.com/craigrwall/status/661635906172915712[/video]
Glinewiecz presser expected to answer some of the lingering questions in this case. New info came to light in past few days @fox32news

From Lake county FB.

Lake County IL Sheriff's Office

11 mins ·

****MEDIA RELEASE****
Significant New Information Regarding Fox Lake Investigation
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 10:00AM a news conference will be held regarding the investigation into the death of Fox Lake Police Lieutenant Charles Joseph Gliniewicz. The purpose of this news conference is to provide significant new information regarding the investigation, followed by media Q&A.
2007 N Civic Center Way, Round Lake Beach, IL 60073 (corner of Mallard Creek Drive & Hook Drive, Round Lake Beach)

No other information pertaining to the news conference will be released and no questions will be answered concerning the content prior to 10:00AM tomorrow.

Fox Lake Officials to Reveal 'Significant New Information' in Investigation into Officer's Death Wednesday

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...o-Officers-Death-339944352.html#ixzz3qSz28aNx

EDITOR'S NOTE: NBC Chicago will live stream the press conference right here at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Investigators are expected to reveal a significant development in the investigation into a veteran Fox Lake police officer’s September shooting, which prompted a massive manhunt in northern Illinois and left a community stunned.

The update is expected to come at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Lake County officials announced.​

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...o-Officers-Death-339944352.html#ixzz3qSzbbQIM
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

Aha! I thought they would wait until Black Friday, but now I realize tomorrow is the day after Election Day. Could it be?

That's an interesting change in venue for the presser. 15 minutes away, next town, inside venue that will hold a good number of attendees.

I'm confused.

A couple wks ago, there was an announcement ~ we'll probly wrap up investigation in early Nov.

Now, an announcement: ~ new info to be released at presser Wed.

Now this reporter saying on vid: ~ looks like investigation is drawing to a close w briefing Wed.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...o-Officers-Death-339944352.html#ixzz3qSz28aNx

If task force just rcvd new info, must be very straightforward info, and consistent w pre-lim conclusion the task force was already making, if it can close now. Am I misunderstanding or misinterpreting?

Well, it's about time. I hope the public will be provided with some REAL answers!

That's an interesting change in venue for the presser. 15 minutes away, next town, inside venue that will hold a good number of attendees.

Cool. Iv'e been surfing looking for leaks...can't find any...what are you hearing? I miss Bluesneakers and Vestigare, hope that they heard the news. JMO

I'm confused.

A couple wks ago, there was an announcement ~ we'll probly wrap up investigation in early Nov.

Now, an announcement: ~ new info to be released at presser Wed.

Now this reporter saying on vid: ~ looks like investigation is drawing to a close w briefing Wed.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...o-Officers-Death-339944352.html#ixzz3qSz28aNx

If task force just rcvd new info, must be very straightforward info, and consistent w pre-lim conclusion the task force was already making, if it can close now. Am I misunderstanding or misinterpreting?

I may have misheard, but I thought that they said by END of November...anyway, it can't have been a murder if there is no one in custody and /or no admission....JMO A case of murder wouldn't close without a trial or a plea. add. Unless the murderer is dead

I may have misheard, but I thought that they said by END ov November...anyway, it can't have been a murder if there is no one in custody and /or no admission....JMO

Exactly. If an arrest was made (or suspects identified) the I team would have reported that immediately. They would not publicly plan on making that announcement a week or two in advance of the actual disclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee