IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was earlier talk about his potential route leading to the cement plant. With the footage in the recent WGN report that included the Citgo, I plotted the points that we know of. There are two Citgo stations in the area, but the receipt on the news report with Lt. Joe's signature confirms the Grass Lake Road location. (Is it odd that his signature was at the top of the receipt in an open area, not a signature line?) Other than the cement plant, I don't think any are confirmed for that morning, but are likely.

Antioch - Home is there, but is it known that is where he started from that morning?
Citgo - He bought cigarettes there according to the owner, but is it known that he stopped there that morning?
Snap Fitness - He worked out there, but is it known that he did that morning?
Cement Plant area - It is known that things ended there.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Route.jpg
    Route.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 339
There was earlier talk about his potential route leading to the cement plant. With the footage in the recent WGN report that included the Citgo, I plotted the points that we know of. There are two Citgo stations in the area, but the receipt on the news report with Lt. Joe's signature confirms the Grass Lake Road location. (Is it odd that his signature was at the top of the receipt in an open area, not a signature line?) Other than the cement plant, I don't think any are confirmed for that morning, but are likely.

Antioch - Home is there, but is it known that is where he started from that morning?
Citgo - He bought cigarettes there according to the owner, but is it known that he stopped there that morning?

Lt. Gliniewicz's home isn't in the main part of Antioch, the Citgo Station is on a corner, turning south off Grass Lake only block or so past the Citgo is where his home is located. For while there was a large blue bow on the stop sign at the corner where the gas Station's at.

I go past that Citgo almost every time I ride my motorcycle, we were riding on Grass Lake Rd. about 45 minutes after the shooting headed to Rockford when a couple of Patrol cars went flying past.

I didn't hear about the shooting until we arrived home later that afternoon .Hot day, right around 90.My first thought was the killers could be having a beer and a burger almost anywhere in Lake County without attaching attention

Lt. Gliniewicz's home isn't in the main part of Antioch, the Citgo Station is on a corner, turning south off Grass Lake only block or so past the Citgo is where his home is located. For while there was a large blue bow on the stop sign at the corner where the gas Station's at.
So, what's a better cross street to mark his home (without a specific address, respecting the family)? Can't quite tell from your description. Near the Port? I'll update the map.

So, what's a better cross street to mark his home (without a specific address, respecting the family)? Can't quite tell from your description. Near the Port? I'll update the map.

if you used the gas station itself as a starting point, it would be accurate.

I have decided to stay off the board until verified, as I don't know when I post if it's something I shouldn't be posting...

Probably didn't have his glasses on so didn't know where he was signing????

I still maintain that he stopped at 71 Nippersink (where the Explorers met) that morning and they knew this from the GPS and that is why shortly after obtaining the GPS they changed the locks.

That would be consistent with your map route.

I still maintain that he stopped at 71 Nippersink (where the Explorers met) that morning and they knew this from the GPS and that is why shortly after obtaining the GPS they changed the locks.

I'm not following you. Why do you think the locks were changed -because he stopped there-? Why would it matter if he stopped there that morning?

sbm

Given his high involvement with the program, It's likely he often stopped at the post before work. Regardless of it's location in relation to the route he took to work. That said, according to the time stamp on the gas station receipt, the drive time on the most recent map, and arrival time provided by GPS, there's aprox 10 minutes available for him to have stopped somewhere.

Where and why did he stop? Who else was there???
I'm sure these questions are a big part of the investigation. And they know the answers, but are not releasing those details.

I've gone over the time line from the gas station to his arrival at the cement plant. It's a 11 minute drive according to google. There is no traffic issues on that route to effect that time. My estimate of 10 minutes of unaccounted time from my previous post is pretty accurate, IF he took the route to the west as shown on the map above, without the stop at the fitness center.

So there's not much time to stop even if along this route. So the Explorers post at lakefront park makes sense. But not enough time other than dropping something off or picking something up. Which raises questions...

Now, IF he took the route to the east, past the police station on 59, the time to drive from the gas station to the cement plant is 17 minutes. leaving no time for a stop anywhere according to his GPS arrival time. However, there is traffic issues on that route near the high school. Google does not take that into account, but it does still fit into the aprox timeline.

That said, I have seen a photo of the 3 men that LE looked into. This photo is from a dash cam, not the gas station video. The 2 white 1 black photo that I've seen appeared to be youths from the high school. (and for that reason, should not be posted here.) Hard to tell though, they were definitely young adults. Others here have seen this photo. The important factor in this photo is that it was taken along the west route, between the high school and the police station. So, if he did take that route, he would have likely seen them at aprox 7:20 AM. Other(s) could have or would have also seen them. But there is no time stamp on the photo that I know of that would confirm that.

It should also be said that in the photo of the 3, that they were walking towards the crime scene. Walking, they would be about 15 minutes from where the picture was taken to the area that the LTG was found without stopping along the way. If they stopped at the gas station on Rollins, a slight detour,(and maybe were part of the video investigation) they would be at the scene almost exactly the time LTG made the first call, IF the picture was taken at +- 7:20 AM.

FL7, you need to empty your mailbox.

The important factor in this photo is that it was taken along the west route, between the high school and the police station.
Interesting analysis. Raises questions for me about which way those 3 were moving at that time if they were high school students (away from school). And if the dashcam and gas station video are related. All in the same area, but slightly different directions from the cement plant. That gas station would be one of the closest convenient store places for a pack of smokes or caffeine.

Did you mean the east route, as the part of Rt. 59 between the high school and the PD is on the east route? The west route is down Rt. 12 on the west side of town.

Interesting analysis. Raises questions for me about which way those 3 were moving at that time if they were high school students (away from school). And if the dashcam and gas station video are related. All in the same area, but slightly different directions from the cement plant. That gas station would be one of the closest convenient store places for a pack of smokes or caffeine.

Did you mean the east route, as the part of Rt. 59 between the high school and the PD is on the east route? The west route is down Rt. 12 on the west side of town.

I saw the photo. They were walking away from the school westbound on 59 on the north side of the road about a block or two west of the school. There is no sidewalk so they were just walking alongside of the road on the shoulder. It would have been impossible not to notice them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a mistake in my post. The photo was taken on the EAST route. Sorry.

I'm not following you. Why do you think the locks were changed -because he stopped there-? Why would it matter if he stopped there that morning?

Think about it.
Why did they change the locks only after the GPS info came out?
Why are they now having all Explorers meetings at the PD rather than some other meeting place where the Advisors can come and go as they please?
We don't know how long he was there nor what he was doing....
Why would it matter if he stopped there that morning?

Think about it.
Why did they change the locks only after the GPS info came out?
Why are they now having all Explorers meetings at the PD rather than some other meeting place where the Advisors can come and go as they please?
We don't know how long he was there nor what he was doing....
Why would it matter if he stopped there that morning?

Because, just speculating, that was one of the last stops he made and there might be evidence there? They might not know what, only that they need to control access to the building while they investigate. Maybe they need to know exactly why it was such an important stop. What was he doing or looking for?

And while that's part of the investigation/crime scene the kids have to meet at the PD. (Although I think I read that's where they were required to meet anyway?)

It seems that everyone but me has seen 'the photo' of 'the three males'.

So, where is it?

It seems that everyone but me has seen 'the photo' of 'the three males'.

So, where is it?

I haven't seen it. I think it was shown to people in the area who were asked to help identify them.

Think about it.Why did they change the locks only after the GPS info came out?Why are they now having all Explorers meetings at the PD rather than some other meeting place where the Advisors can come and go as they please?We don't know how long he was there nor what he was doing....Why would it matter if he stopped there that morning?
ok. I'm still not seeing how his stopping there the morning he was killed makes a difference. But I can see why they changed the location they held the meetings. They could be wanting to watch other advisors for suspicious behavior, or it could be something as simple as saving on whatever the costs were on renting that space. Especially when the state isn't paying their bills. FL might need to move money which was used for the Explorers if they are short in other area's due to not recieving state funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurtisEmant