IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can post a PDF here, at least we used to be able to. Just treat it as you would an attachment. Or, if that doesn't work, ask Bessie how to do it.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but just saw a commercial on WGN. Tomorrow on the 9 o clock news Mark Suppelsa will being doing something on the case.

[video=youtube;BTSvEwYerO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTSvEwYerO0[/video]

I don't. But only because the inventory call came the 1st business day following the former chiefs last day. LT CG couldn't have foreseen the chief immediately retiring after being notified he was being investigated. He did know well in advance he was seeking employment outside of the FLPD.

True, but I mean last minute if he knew he was going to die the next day, like a last minute detail he needed to take care of.

JMO.

Interesting tidbit buried in this Northwest Herald article.

More than 30 people have applied to be Fox Lake's permanent police chief – the last police chief retired a week after an investigation related to a 2014 incident was launched – and the village is in its due diligence phase, reviewing the applications and sending questions to applicants, Village President Donny Schmit said.
Schmit expects interviews to start within two weeks.

http://www.nwherald.com/2015/10/29/...ed-for-hiring-police-repairing-roads/a5tcnol/

Actually, that whole article is interesting, as is the one comment about the money spent on the manhunt.

All the articles about the cost of the manhunt/investigation are exaggerated for the most dramatic effect. And most of the comments about the cost come from people that love to see their words immortalized on the internet rather than put those words to good use at a village meeting or even a simple email to a person of authority.

From an earlier article that the headline inflates the cost of the manhunt and investigation at 300k.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ficer-death-investigation-20151007-story.html

Cops are paid salary. Many were paid to be part of the manhunt instead of doing regular patrols, or whatever else. The true cost, or at least closer to the true cost, of the manhunt/investigation can be seen in the cost of overtime pay. Which is more than a third less. But 300k makes a better headline than 196k.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

Actually, that whole article is interesting, as is the one comment about the money spent on the manhunt.

One small point I noticed -- and I've noticed it in other media pieces, and even, for that matter, in those Fox Lake council minutes that were linked: people do not state that CG was murdered/killed. They usually speak of the 'death' of CG. It leads me to think that most people have serious doubts about the initial murder theory now.

One small point I noticed -- and I've noticed it in other media pieces, and even, for that matter, in those Fox Lake council minutes that were linked: people do not state that CG was murdered/killed. They usually speak of the 'death' of CG. It leads me to think that most people have serious doubts about the initial murder theory now.

This goes way back even to the scaling down of the manhunt. There's nothing in the news reports or in the communications from the I Team that shows any genuine belief that there are any cop killers "at large" in their community.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but just saw a commercial on WGN. Tomorrow on the 9 o clock news Mark Suppelsa will being doing something on the case.

[video=youtube;BTSvEwYerO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTSvEwYerO0[/video]

Did anyone watch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Will post more tomorrow. I am not impressed with the "expert" - Websleuthers know more information to the LT Background. I am a big advocate of "Know your audience" - we aren't all ignorant. Sigh.

Last, I found the information out today about the Work Comp Claim in Illinois pertaining to a LE death. Yes, suicide qualifies for a work comp death claim if job stress could have been an issue. That's a slam dunk in this case given the exterior investigations. Either way, the family will receive a large lump sum. Homicide or suicide. Range given to me was 300,000-500,000. It will be litigious in the work comp portion but the family will prevail. This coming from CEO and Owner of a work comp insurance carrier who does business in Illinois.

Walker....would the family prevail in a worker comp case even if the stress was due to his own activity on the job? JMO

Did anyone watch?
Not much new that we here don't know. News anchor (Suppelsa not usually an investigative reporter) got behind the gate with some footage of.....woods, swamp, cement and a camera sign. Lots of talk from an expert, don't even remember who/what he was. Recycled footage of Filenko/Covelli.

Very interesting. Will post more tomorrow. I am not impressed with the "expert" - Websleuthers know more information to the LT Background. I am a big advocate of "Know your audience" - we aren't all ignorant. Sigh.

Last, I found the information out today about the Work Comp Claim in Illinois pertaining to a LE death. Yes, suicide qualifies for a work comp death claim if job stress could have been an issue. That's a slam dunk in this case given the exterior investigations. Either way, the family will receive a large lump sum. Homicide or suicide. Range given to me was 300,000-500,000. It will be litigious in the work comp portion but the family will prevail. This coming from CEO and Owner of a work comp insurance carrier who does business in Illinois.

Your mailbox is full again.

I didn't recall that he had been in tbe fitness competition shortly before death. It does make me wonder how the competitions, volunteering with the explorers and applying for various chief of police positions would affect any claims of stress with regards to possible workers comp claim. IMO, those eould be indicators against work relates stress causing a possible suicide.

One thing that stood out to me from the article is the new fact (at least I had not heard it before) that he purchased 2 packs of cigarettes that morning. Who buys 2 packs of cigarettes before killing themselves? I am sure it can be argued that he did this "on purpose" or that he really only made the decision after 20 minutes of walking around the scene. But to me, that purchase simply doesn't fit.

One thing that stood out to me from the article is the new fact (at least I had not heard it before) that he purchased 2 packs of cigarettes that morning. Who buys 2 packs of cigarettes before killing themselves? I am sure it can be argued that he did this "on purpose" or that he really only made the decision after 20 minutes of walking around the scene. But to me, that purchase simply doesn't fit.

I've now been on these boards long enough (and am personally familiar with some suicide victims) to observe that people make all sorts of "normal" transactions shortly before killing themselves. Things like buying perishables they'll never have time to eat/refrigerate, taking out cash from a cash machine, filling up a tank with gas, etc. I'm not a psychiatrist but I think in a lot of cases it's a way to lessen the anxiety around what they're preparing to do by making them feel as though there's always a chance they may not decide to go through with it. Suicide being a serious option for them while not putting all their eggs in one basket until the moment they work up enough courage/despair/resolve/grief/(…) to pull the trigger, swallow the pills, make the leap, tighten the noose etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010