IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there is some exception.....JMO

Is there somewhere it mentions those exceptions because I dint know how you do marksmanship and such without weapons or does this program not do competetions such as that?

Maybe someone in the Program can answer?

From previous guidelines link.
It is to be noted that Explorers may use firearms during approved training programs or competitive events while under the direct supervision of a certified firearms instructor.

From previous guidelines link.
It is to be noted that Explorers may use firearms during approved training programs or competitive events while under the direct supervision of a certified firearms instructor.

Okay so as long as Joe was a certified firearms instructor or had one attend then they could do the training and competitions.
I was going to say I thought they did real shooting comps and couldn't figure out how that applied if I couldn't practice.

Is there somewhere it mentions those exceptions because I dint know how you do marksmanship and such without weapons or does this program not do competetions such as that?

Maybe someone in the Program can answer?

Maybe email another post advisor? (not me, though, lol) JMO

So, I guess when they advertised real weapons being used for that 48 Hour swat class that was a no no. Even though they weren't being fired.

Long response I posted - before I looked back & saw your newer posts w info & link.
Yikes, now that I've seen flier, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different from what I saw in thread.
Thank you very much for info. Enlightening.
Vestigare, I withdraw my question, as you've already answered.

Below may no longer be relevant now, but leaving it for the sake of what I think BSA may allow- 'blueguns.' IDK.

=====================================================
If someone said 'real weapons' maybe they referred to bright blue polyurethane real training weapons, like this: http://www.blueguns.com/default.asp? like I think I saw in Post's photos (IIRC).
Yes, those are 'real weapons LE uses in training.'
No, they are not real weapons in the sense of being LE duty weapons, that is, operational guns that fire live ammo. They're firearm simulators or trainers.

"A Safe Alternative to Live Firearm TrainingRing’s Manufacturing crafts the most detailed, accurate and extensive line of “Firearm Simulators” on the market today. All of our products are inert detailed replicas of actual weapons designed for Law Enforcement and Military Training.
Each product is made with strong, impact-resistant polyurethane with steel reinforcement. This prevents bending and flexing while maintaining the detail, handling and balance of the actual weapon they represent.
Each gun is fabricated in "Law Enforcement Blue" - the most recognized safety color
in the world. Ask for “BLUEGUNS ", a realistic & safe alternative to using live firearms in training situations."

http://ltjoslyn.proboards.com/thread/31/post-300

Dec 22, 2007 at 11:03pm QuotePost by gijoe on Dec 22, 2007 at 11:03pm
It's tough without support, I'm #2 in our department so I pretty much can do what ever training I like as long as I can justify it and have a documented risk assessment to keep the chief from stopping any of it. In fact we just got our training flash-bangs in.....Exploders love them!!!!! This competition we are going to next month is pretty cool......My goal over the next two years is to sponser this type of competition here in the midwest!!!!

LT"G"

It sounds to me like he had a very popular and successful program that a lot of kids enjoyed. It may have been a bit heavy on the bells and whistles, but that is what teens like. And that is what Gi Joe liked too. I applaud him for the many years, many hours, many sacrifices that he made in order to give his time and expertise to mentor these kids.

I don't see any evidence that he was stealing, cheating, breaking rules, or about to be forced from the program. And I don't see any evidence that he was neglecting the program or leaving it in the lurch. He hadn't even filed retirement papers yet.

The new leaders of the program were glowing in their remarks towards him. And then they laid out their own goals for the future. That is normal and does not mean it is a criticism of his past leadership. JMO

But we don't know if he waited till the last minute, do we? For all we know something had already been lined up and fell through at the last minute. Just because it hasn't been made public doesn't mean it didn't happen IMO.

If he had something lined up already there would have been no need to have the 90 minute meeting with the mayor during which he discussed the Explorers
program. And whomever was in line to take it over would have come forward and contradicted what the mayor said about thrir discussion. There would have been more to substantiate a possible homicide other than the radio call and 9 samples of transfer dna.

Isn't having a meeting with the mayor part of setting something up? I think he was planning on being on the job for a few more months.

Regarding the Explorers, it sounded like there were beneficial areas that Lt CG omitted and the current administrators will be expanding the program to include those areas. IDK how expanding tbe program and discussion on such is interpreted as an insult to Lt. CG.

If he had something lined up already there would have been no need to have the 90 minute meeting with the mayor during which he discussed the Explorers
program. And whomever was in line to take it over would have come forward and contradicted what the mayor said about thrir discussion. There would have been more to substantiate a possible homicide other than the radio call and 9 samples of transfer dna.

I suggested something could've been lined up but fell through at the last minute.

Regarding the Explorers, it sounded like there were beneficial areas that Lt CG omitted and the current administrators will be expanding the program to include those areas. IDK how expanding tbe program and discussion on such is interpreted as an insult to Lt. CG.

I don't think your post was critical of him. But many others here have been critical and accused him of being negligent and incompetent in his role with the E program, imo. :cow:

Isn't having a meeting with the mayor part of setting something up? I think he was planning on being on the job for a few more months.

I consider the meeting with the mayor last minute.

Why do you think he was planning on staying on the job a few more months when it has been reported he planned to retire at the end of September? Your earlier posts seemed to indicate you thought retirement was imminent for Lt. CG, what changed your mind?

I suggested something could've been lined up but fell through at the last minute.

Then we would have heard about it. Everything that has been mentioned in msm has indicated the program was almost cancelled because there was no one to take it over.

I think it's possible that once they started looking into it they realized it was too much to be put on the shoulders of just a few and expect all of the areas to be covered.

I consider the meeting with the mayor last minute.

Why do you think he was planning on staying on the job a few more months when it has been reported he planned to retire at the end of September? Your earlier posts seemed to indicate you thought retirement was imminent for Lt. CG, what changed your mind?

I consider the mysterious Explorer inventory phone call last minute too.

Jmo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's possible that once they started looking into it they realized it was too much to be put on the shoulders of just a few and expect all of the areas to be covered.

I think they all knew in advance. The place was small and he talked about it a lot. It's a National program they would all be familiar with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think your post was critical of him. But many others here have been critical and accused him of being negligent and incompetent in his role with the E program, imo. :cow:

Why do "OTHERS" cause so much distress? I personally am not losing sleep over this case, but I do have strong opinions...as do you. It's ok. JMO

There seemed to be a lot of confusion about exactly when he was going to retire. At the end of the year, at the end of September....it does not seem that it was entirely determined yet. he had not turned in any retirement paperwork, AFAIK.

And if he was going to retire at the end of September, then he had 30 days to figure out the transition of the program. That seems like enough time to get it set up. JMO

Why do "OTHERS" cause so much distress? I personally am not losing sleep over this case, but I do have strong opinions...as do you. It's ok. JMO

I am not distressed nor losing sleep. I was replying to a question someone asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel