IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...It says that Posts set-ups have some flexibility, but it looks to me that the compliance rules for BSA are strict....Looks like a full time job, to me! I wanted to see what sorts of weapons were forbidden, but I have not found anything about it...JMO
I am trying to fund more specifics on what exactly the advisors are required to do to.

Swirling around in my pea-brain, is the statement by the Explorers Captain, a minor, who said that CG spoke with him the night before his death about Explorers inventory...but since Explorers are a part of the PD, wouldn't their inventory be part of the PD inventory? Maybe I'm just being picky, but I don't understand why a 17-yr old would need to give information to the LT. about inventory. JMO

I really wish someones would interview that kid again and try to see what was discussed and why.

I'm just glad the Explorers program sounds like it will be much better than previously.

There are no doubt clues in the conversations Lt CG had in the days prior to his death. One thing I might have missed or forgotten. ..... What were Lt CG'S plans for the Explorers progrsm if he had got the chief of police job he applied for?

So many holes here.......

I really wish someones would interview that kid again and try to see what was discussed and why.

Pretty sure that he has been questioned, but I doubt that we will learn what his answers were. He probably has been told not to speak to reporters....and he IS a kid....JMO

Pretty sure that he has been questioned, but I doubt that we will learn what his answers were. He probably has been told not to speak to reporters....and he IS a kid....JMO

And he was hit with quite a shock the next day. He might not even remember everything they discussed, or the specifics.

I'm just glad the Explorers program sounds like it will be much better than previously.

There are no doubt clues in the conversations Lt CG had in the days prior to his death. One thing I might have missed or forgotten. ..... What were Lt CG'S plans for the Explorers progrsm if he had got the chief of police job he applied for?

I wondered about that too...way back when we were trying to discuss whether or not CG had prepared the Explorers for an imminent transition....It doesn't seem that he did. JMO

As far as I recall there had not been a single hint what he expected of the program once he retired or left for another job. Wgich I always found strange if this was his plan all along and this program was his baby.

As far as I recall there had not been a single hunt what he ejected of the program once he retired or left for another job. Wgich I always found strange if this was his plan all along and this program was his baby.

Yes. I remember that. Why did he wait until the last minute to have a meeting about would the program be okay without him? It seemed completely contradictory to how he talked about the program, and based on the photos and testimonials I believe it was as important to him as he said.

Swirling around in my pea-brain, is the statement by the Explorers Captain, a minor, who said that CG spoke with him the night before his death about Explorers inventory...but since Explorers are a part of the PD, wouldn't their inventory be part of the PD inventory? Maybe I'm just being picky, but I don't understand why a 17-yr old would need to give information to the LT. about inventory. JMO
I am thinking that perhaps because Gliniewicz's Explorers did not meet at the Police Station, that the Explorer inventory was stored seperately at their actual meeting place. And, maybe it was one of the responsibilities of the chief Boy/Explorer Scout to be in charge of the inventory?

OT US military blimp on the loose over PA...F-16's scrambling, lol. CNN

Yes. I remember that. Why did he wait until the last minute to have a meeting about would the program be okay without him? It seemed completely contradictory to how he talked about the program, and based on the photos and testimonials I believe it was as important to him as he said.

But we don't know if he waited till the last minute, do we? For all we know something had already been lined up and fell through at the last minute. Just because it hasn't been made public doesn't mean it didn't happen IMO.

I do think, and I've said it before in other ways, that Gliniewicz's Explorer Scout program was more like training them to be Soldiers of Fortune. He was training them for WAR!!!

Hopefully following the rules of the program as set forth by Boy Scouts of America will refocus the program on domestic law enforcement. And, no better time than now when reforms are so needed. IMO.

I do think, and I've said it before in other ways, that Gliniewicz's Explorer Scout program was more like training them to be Soldiers of Fortune. He was training them for WAR!!!
Hopefully following the rules of the program as set forth by bOy Scouts of America will refocus the program on domestic law enforcement. And, no better time than now when reforms are so needed. IMO.

It did look like that, I agree. BUT. I will also admit it looks like a lot more fun to train for war. I can see where the kids might be more enthusiastic about it.

Seems to me that PD's started getting more militarized when they started collecting all the war surplus equipment. I really paid no attention until last year, though. JMO

Seems to me that PD's started getting more militarized when they started collecting all the war surplus equipment. I really paid no attention until last year, though. JMO

That's what I've noticed too. The 1033 program seems to play a large role. JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah...It says that Posts set-ups have some flexibility, but it looks to me that the compliance rules for BSA are strict....Looks like a full time job, to me! I wanted to see what sorts of weapons were forbidden, but I have not found anything about it...JMO

Oversimplified short answer: 'real' guns and LE weapons are prohibited.

Details
2.11 Use of Non-Lethal Training Firearms Policy
"The use of Non-Lethal Training Firearms (NLTF) by Law Enforcement Explorers in a controlled and supervised environment is recognized as having a legitimate training purpose in teaching situational awareness, defensive procedures, strategic practices and judgmental decision making.
NLTF are described as replicas of firearms that are designed to look and feel authentic and may discharge a non-lethal laser beam or solid projectile (i.e., paintball or plastic pellet such as used in the popular Airsoft simulated firearms). NLTF that discharge metal projectiles are prohibited. The use of simulated non-lethal hand-grenades, distraction devices (commonly called flashbangs), M203 style launchers (i.e. RPG’s LAW’s AT4’s, etc.), sniper rifles, fully automatic firearms, Claymore or similar type mines or other non-handheld firearm devices are strictly prohibited. Additionally, NLTF that have been altered (often referred to as "Hop Up") to increase the velocity of the projectile are prohibited.
The use of NLTF is authorized for training only and must be in conformance to Section 2.10 (Training, Practical Exercises and Simulated Scenarios Policy) of these guidelines." bbm

List of safety standard and steps a thru q follows, including -
"c. Prohibited Items: Real fire weapons and/or live ammunition, impact devices, knives, chemical repellents and electrical shock devices are prohibited in the training area." bbm

^ http://exploring.learningforlife.or...enforcement/law-enforcement-guidelines/#_2-10

So, I guess when they advertised real weapons being used for that 48 Hour swat class that was a no no. Even though they weren't being fired.

Oversimplified short answer: 'real' guns and LE weapons are prohibited.

Details
2.11 Use of Non-Lethal Training Firearms Policy
"The use of Non-Lethal Training Firearms (NLTF) by Law Enforcement Explorers in a controlled and supervised environment is recognized as having a legitimate training purpose in teaching situational awareness, defensive procedures, strategic practices and judgmental decision making.
NLTF are described as replicas of firearms that are designed to look and feel authentic and may discharge a non-lethal laser beam or solid projectile (i.e., paintball or plastic pellet such as used in the popular Airsoft simulated firearms). NLTF that discharge metal projectiles are prohibited. The use of simulated non-lethal hand-grenades, distraction devices (commonly called flashbangs), M203 style launchers (i.e. RPG’s LAW’s AT4’s, etc.), sniper rifles, fully automatic firearms, Claymore or similar type mines or other non-handheld firearm devices are strictly prohibited. Additionally, NLTF that have been altered (often referred to as "Hop Up") to increase the velocity of the projectile are prohibited.
The use of NLTF is authorized for training only and must be in conformance to Section 2.10 (Training, Practical Exercises and Simulated Scenarios Policy) of these guidelines." bbm

List of safety standard and steps a thru q follows, including -
"c. Prohibited Items: Real fire weapons and/or live ammunition, impact devices, knives, chemical repellents and electrical shock devices are prohibited in the training area." bbm

^ http://exploring.learningforlife.or...enforcement/law-enforcement-guidelines/#_2-10

So, I guess when they advertised real weapons being used for that 48 Hour swat class that was a no no. Even though they weren't being fired.

Unless there is some exception.....JMO

Here is that flier again saying "real m-4s, m-5s and all calibers of handguns ".
foxlakepost300.homestead.com/files/swat_basic_flier.doc

The Fox Lake Police Explorers Post #300 hosts many training events throughout the year. The events are open to explorers across the nation who are interested in learning more about Law Enforcement. In order to attend a course please fill out the proper paperwork on our "Resources and Form" page.

SWAT Basic: The 48 hour course which teaches*explorers what actual SWAT officers do, we are fortunate enough to train with SWAT officers who teach us what they have learned throughout their career. The course instructs team movements, live weapon fire, entry and exit techniques, tactics, arrest and search, *breaching and so much more.*

Marksmanship Course: The 48 Hour Course teaches explores the material of field movements, live fire, surveillance, weapon familiarization. shooting positions, clothing attire, and scenario based training.*
----------------------

Confused how you do these without weapons....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654