IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bolded the wrong part of your comment. I meant to highlight "but I think that whatever caused him to end his own life." And I was referring to that, wondering if he thought his secret would die with him.

JMO.

Good question...if he was confident that his colleagues would cover for him for whatever the secret was, he wouldn't have done himself in. I think that he may have thought that his horrific death at the hands of 3cop killers would preserve his honorability, provide for his family and overshadow any less than noble behavior with the PD or other stuff, because he would not be alive to be charged with anything and hopefully, it would all go away. JMO

What was he going to be charged with? Have any weapons been reported missing?

What was he going to be charged with? Have any weapons been reported missing?

No idea, well, just suspicions..., We do not know via MSM if any weapons were missing. If that turns out to be the case, I think some investigative journalist will let us know. I do know that FOIA's are hard to get. JMO

Good question...if he was confident that his colleagues would cover for him for whatever the secret was, he wouldn't have done himself in. I think that he may have thought that his horrific death at the hands of 3cop killers would preserve his honorability, provide for his family and overshadow any less than noble behavior with the PD or other stuff, because he would not be alive to be charged with anything and hopefully, it would all go away. JMO

I think that's what he was hoping would happen too, like this was his last, best hope and maybe just throwing a wrench in the whole thing would be enough. I want to think that anyway, because it's easier to understand than "Whatever happens at least I'll be out of here."

JMO.

If you have any idea, what do the townspeople say about who they think may have murdered Joe? I don't doubt that he was well known and appreciated in town, but I think that whatever caused him to end his own life, which I think happened, was not known by the townspeople and that the heroic, upstanding image that was portrayed to them, which they honored, was something he valued and sought to protect, more than life itself. JMO

From what I've heard most believe he was murdered and that it was a setup. No concrete evidence though.

I really do have sympathy for his sons, but I have reservations about his widow. To me, it's important to know that whatever was bothering him, was fully disclosed by her, if she KNEW it, and then I still wonder if whatever caused his death (if by suicide) was something that he did in which she partook. JMO

There is NO way that Mel would have let this happen if Joe was considering suicide and she knew of it...

I agree. One thing I'd like to know is whether or not he thought it would die with him.
JMO.

Responding to the bolded part of this comment...
Everything you've read and heard about Joe's character was true, it was not something that just "came up" after he died. Would he protected family? Absolutely, amongst others...

From what I've heard most believe he was murdered and that it was a setup. No concrete evidence though.

I wonder how they reconcile this with the three suspects he called in (and who turned out to have nothing to do with his death)? I don't see how that happens if he knew whoever was there.

I agree. One thing I'd like to know is whether or not he thought it would die with him.
JMO.

Playing devil's advocate here, perhaps someone thought that whatever he knew would stay secret if he was dead.

I wonder how they reconcile this with the three suspects he called in (and who turned out to have nothing to do with his death)? I don't see how that happens if he knew whoever was there.
Perhaps there was a fourth person he didn't see, and if he was set up that doesn't necessarily mean he would know those who were there.

How would whoever set him up know he would get out of his car and go after the three men, and not call in for backup sooner?

How would whoever set him up know he would get out of his car and go after the three men, and not call in for backup sooner?

What if he was there to meet up with someone, and he felt nervous about it. But they were in
the department or another related department so he didn't want to identify them? Maybe he called in a bogus report just to get back up rolling, IN CASE it was a a problem.

Maybe they didn't know he was going to go after 3 men. Maybe that was all unplanned and a glitch in the whole thing.

All they would have to know is that he regularly patrolled that area before he went on duty. He wasn't in his car when he went after the three men. Joe is not the type to call for back up unless he absolutely had to.
I also read somewhere previously that some were questioning whether or not it was his voice on the radio. I can say that it was, and the vibe I got from listening to the recording was that he was like "Aaw ****, this is not how I wanted to start my day out".

What if he was there to meet up with someone, and he felt nervous about it. But they were in
the department or another related department so he didn't want to identify them? Maybe he called in a bogus report just to get back up rolling, IN CASE it was a a problem.
Feasible...

I have never thought that Mel was privy to a suicide plan....but as his "rock" and "best friend" I would think that he discussed stuff that troubled him with her. I DO hope that she has told investigators everything she knows... I believe that his death came as a horrible shock to her, a suicide even more shocking than a murder. But if this is deemed a suicide, I think that in retrospect, she may realize why. JMO

"George Filenko, task force commander for the Lake County Major Crimes Unit, told ABC 7 that conclusions in the case could be coming in the next couple weeks. He estimates the case will be completely closed by the end of November."

The ONLY ruling on the manner of death that fits that timeline is 'suicide.' If homicide or murder is alleged, the accused suspects (even if apprehended) would be presumed innocent until proven guilty and the case would be far from "closed."

No amount of speculation about other possible setups or assailants or public sentiment or fund raisers is going to change it (Filenko's Timeline), either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990