IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they reconcile this with the three suspects he called in (and who turned out to have nothing to do with his death)? I don't see how that happens if he knew whoever was there.

Are you referring to the 3 people seen on a Fox Lake establishment's security video and were later cleared ? If your answer is yes,what proof is there that Lt.Gleniewicz saw those same 3 people on his route to the old cement plant ?

Anyone know ?

I've seen people on this board make the assumption that Lt.Gleniewicz surely must have seen the exact same guys later viewed on the video on his way to the abandoned cement plant and carelessly used it as inspiration for the 2M White,1M Black trio mentioned in his radio transmission.

"George Filenko, task force commander for the Lake County Major Crimes Unit, told ABC 7 that conclusions in the case could be coming in the next couple weeks. He estimates the case will be completely closed by the end of November."

The ONLY ruling on the manner of death that fits that timeline is 'suicide.' If homicide or murder is alleged, the accused suspects (even if apprehended) would be presumed innocent until proven guilty and the case would be far from "closed."

No amount of speculation about other possible setups or assailants or public sentiment or fund raisers is going to change it, either.

I agree. I wonder what they're waiting on.

"George Filenko, task force commander for the Lake County Major Crimes Unit, told ABC 7 that conclusions in the case could be coming in the next couple weeks. He estimates the case will be completely closed by the end of November."

The ONLY ruling on the manner of death that fits that timeline is 'suicide.' If homicide or murder is alleged, the accused suspects (even if apprehended) would be presumed innocent until proven guilty and the case would be far from "closed."

No amount of speculation about other possible setups or assailants or public sentiment or fund raisers is going to change it (Filenko's Timeline), either.

I agree. I wonder what they're waiting on.

I have a few ideas on what the delay could be. here are a few that come to mind. (in no certain order)

1. The Investigators asked for more time and a deadline has been set and agreed upon - to see if some other evidence might still be discovered.
2. They are hoping that interest in the case will continue to dwindle.
3. They are allowing time for fundraisers and such to raise funds for the LT's family - for whom they have sympathy for.
4. They are secretly having independent investigators cross check the teams findings and conclusions
5. They may be trying to explore possible motives for suicide (such as how it might be related to internal investigations) so they can have those answers ready for questions they know will be asked.

Those are just the first five that come to mind.

No amount of speculation about other possible setups or assailants or public sentiment or fund raisers is going to change it (Filenko's Timeline), either.

Filenko didn't say "completely closed", that was a paraphrased statement made by whoever wrote the patch article.

A lot of news via the Patch is rewritten information from other news stories. I've found the patch is best for local news that none of the bigger news outlets report. I would not consider the Patch a primary news source for this case.

Filenko didn't say "completely closed", that's was a paraphrased statement made by whoever wrote the patch article.

A lot of news via the Patch is rewritten information from other news stories. I've found the patch is best for local news that none of the bigger news outlets report. I would not consider the Patch a primary news source for this case.

Okay.

According to ABC news - "George Filenko says the case may not be closed until near the end of November."

Do you read that as an intention to keep the investigations open beyond November?

I don't.

Okay.

According to ABC news - "George Filenko says the case may not be closed until near the end of November."

Do you read that as an intention to keep the investigations open beyond November?

I don't.

I took it to mean a mod would be made public by the end of November. I don't know that will mean case closed. While I haven't followed them, I have seen cases ruled suicide continue to be explored right here at ws when the family does not believe the suicide ruling.

I took it to mean a mod would be made public by the end of November. I don't know that will mean case closed. While I haven't followed them, I have seen cases ruled suicide continue to be explored right here at ws when the family does not believe the suicide ruling.

I'm using Fielnko's words as he used them.

When he says that "this case may not be closed until the end of November" - that means he intends to have the case "closed" by then. Or, at the very least, it means that he can not imagine it still being an open case beyond that time.

Doesn't it?

I'd have to go back and rewatch the video of the 6pm news interview with Filenko and it is too late to do tbat right now. Filenko danced around a bit with his choice of words. My impressions at the time of the newscast were 1. that we'd get the mod, 2. that no stone is being left unturned and 3. the completeness of the investigation would be such that the task force will be in cma mode with both the arrows they might recieve from the family and the arrows they might recieve from the public. Arrows being suicide as the mod and public anger for the costly manhunt based solely on the radio call.

3. the completeness of the investigation would be such that the task force will be in cma mode with both the arrows they might recieve from the family and the arrows they might recieve from the public. Arrows being suicide as the mod and public anger for the costly manhunt based solely on the radio call.

rsbm

Agreed -- and the bottom line is that the FLPD only has themselves to blame for letting the whole situation get as as bad as it did, through their incompetence and mismanagement.

It was not based solely upon the radio call. They had a dead cop and they had to proceed as if it was a homicide. They could not stop everything and do ballistics and forensics tests before the manhunt.

It was not based solely upon the radio call. They had a dead cop and they had to proceed as if it was a homicide. They could not stop everything and do ballistics and forensics tests before the manhunt.

Why even SUGGEST closure at the end of November? Odd to inject an end date in a homicide case. JMO....especially if they have the evidence of a struggle , as they claim, albeit, belatedly.

rsbm

Agreed -- and the bottom line is that the FLPD only has themselves to blame for letting the whole situation get as as bad as it did, through their incompetence and mismanagement.

Yes, mismanagement is a big part of it. In addition to the enormous manhunt the schools were on lockdown AND closed the folllowing day. One would have thought ISIS was on the ground in Fox Lake. IF this is determined to be a suicide, I think the public deserves an answer as to what was so different about this particular crime scene that it took until the following day to determination it was safe enough to reopen the schools.

I can't shake the feeling that seasoned investigators didn't recognize or missed any signs at the scene to indicate that maybe something wasn't quite right with Lt.CG'S 'story'.

Filenko stated early on the only thing they had was they radio call. It was a direct quote in one of the earliest pressers.

OK. Covelli says there was gunshot residue on Lt. CG'S hands, but they can't determine if that gunshot residue was from Lt. CG'S gun? Really? smh. What evidence do they have any gun other than Lt. CG'S was fired in this case? I think Covelli just took the lead from Filenko in really stupid comments. I didn't think that was possible.

OK. Covelli says there was gunshot residue on Lt. CG'S hands, but they can't determine if that gunshot residue was from Lt. CG'S gun? Really? smh. What evidence do they have any gun other than Lt. CG'S was fired in this case? I think Covelli just took the lead from Filenko in really stupid comments. I didn't think that was possible.

A good reporter should have caught that.

Are you referring to the 3 people seen on a Fox Lake establishment's security video and were later cleared ? If your answer is yes,what proof is there that Lt.Gleniewicz saw those same 3 people on his route to the old cement plant ?

Anyone know ?

I've seen people on this board make the assumption that Lt.Gleniewicz surely must have seen the exact same guys later viewed on the video on his way to the abandoned cement plant and carelessly used it as inspiration for the 2M White,1M Black trio mentioned in his radio transmission.

I do not believe Gliniewicz saw those three people. I outlined why I found that unlikely on previous threads and had to do with the fact he was at the scene for twenty minutes and these three clearly had enough time to get somewhere to provide sufficient time padding that they had receipts to provide a solid alibi.

I believe the three found were a result of the task force going after anyone who even remotely could have fit the description and were nothing more than a coincidence.

We also do not know if they even accurately fit the description. All we know is Filenko got excited about them before he even saw the videos and that they were completely cleared.

I think Gliniewicz made up the trio out of his imagination and what ever scenario anyone wants to use they will have to explain why he called in that description.

I do not believe Gliniewicz saw those three people. I outlined why I found that unlikely on previous threads and had to do with the fact he was at the scene for twenty minutes and these three clearly had enough time to get somewhere to provide sufficient time padding that they had receipts to provide a solid alibi.

I believe the three found were a result of the task force going after anyone who even remotely could have fit the description and were nothing more than a coincidence.

We also do not know if they even accurately fit the description. All we know is Filenko got excited about them before he even saw the videos and that they were completely cleared.

I think Gliniewicz made up the trio out of his imagination and what ever scenario anyone wants to use they will have to explain why he called in that description.

Agreed -- and if anyone in FLPD still believed that this trio ever existed (as POIs, at least), we would still be hearing of them. But we are not, and have not heard anything about a BOLO/APD for them since a day or two after CG's death.

Only one gun was found at the scene and it was his gun, and the shots that killed him came from his gun, and he has gunshot residue on his hands, but HOLD UP EVERYONE. We can't say for sure if that's from firing the gun at the scene.

How is that helping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member