IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that anytime and every time that an officer calls in for back up, and is then found dead in a field, the immediate response will be an urgent manhunt.

I hope that anytime and every time that an officer calls in for back up, and is then found dead in a field, the immediate response will be an urgent manhunt.

I would hope that would be the case for mere mortals like civilians, as well, and not only for LEOs. But clearly, this death was not investigated like a civilian death -- it was given probably ten times the manpower and resources at the start.

Let's see....he was shot with his own gun and there is gunpowder residue on his hand(s?). Is all residue chemically the same from a 40 caliber bullet? I don't know ballistics AT ALL, but if there is a chemical difference, that should be clear after testing, and if there is not, then how could there ever be a match in ANY CASE???? Help me! JMO

Isn't that kind of human nature that the police will go all out for finding a cop killer?

When my Aunt, who is a physician, got very ill, the doctors in her hospital went all out trying to diagnose her. She had ten times the 'care' than the usual patient had. She had about 6 doctors running tests, doing research and working on her case. I think it is human nature.

Isn't that kind of human nature that the police will go all out for finding a cop killer?

When my Aunt, who is a physician, got very ill, the doctors in her hospital went all out trying to diagnose her. She had ten times the 'care' than the usual patient had. She had about 6 doctors running tests, doing research and working on her case. I think it is human nature.

That is a faulty analogy. A person with an illness has needs for their survival. A person who is already dead does not.

You may call it 'human nature' for LE to provide two standards of service to people depending on how much they care about them. I call it 'unprofessional'.

That is a faulty analogy. A person with an illness has needs for their survival. A person who is already dead does not.

You may call it 'human nature' for LE to provide two standards of service to people depending on how much they care about them. I call it 'unprofessional'.

So it's not unprofessional for the doctors at my Aunts hospital to have two levels of service?

And there is 'survival' at stake in a cop killing. The other officers feel that they are in mortal danger. So it is a life and death situation to get the killer off of the streets.

So it's not unprofessional for the doctors at my Aunts hospital to have two levels of service?

And there is 'survival' at stake in a cop killing. The other officers feel that they are in mortal danger. So it is a life and death situation to get the killer off of the streets.

Based on their reaction if they believed that then they must not believe it now. It went from 60 to zero in less than a week. JMO.

Based on their reaction if they believed that then they must not believe it now. It went from 60 to zero in less than a week. JMO.

Perhaps. But it took a week to come to that belief. And it bothers me that people are criticizing them for the initial all out manhunt. JMO

I would hope that would be the case for mere mortals like civilians, as well, and not only for LEOs. But clearly, this death was not investigated like a civilian death -- it was given probably ten times the manpower and resources at the start.

I think after their first overreaction it just got worse while they tried to justify what they'd done. It got away from them and they were never able to get it under control. And of course there was never a chance they would.

JMO.

Only one gun was found at the scene and it was his gun, and the shots that killed him came from his gun, and he has gunshot residue on his hands, but HOLD UP EVERYONE. We can't say for sure if that's from firing the gun at the scene.

How is that helping?

Every single piece of evidence this task force has provided has been nothing more than an attempt to muddy the waters hoping the general public will be too ignorant to understand what they are saying is illogical.

Well said. And to jump off your point. Doctors are not civil servants paid from tax payers coffers who are answerable to the public and only the public. Doctors can choose to offer care to anyone they want Pro bono or prorated, etc....

Police do not have that choice.

Every single piece of evidence this task force has provided has been nothing more than an attempt to muddy the waters hoping the general public will be too ignorant to understand what they are saying is illogical.

And if it takes long enough maybe the public will just forget. I think that's in their playbook too.

JMO.

BBM says a lot, doesn't it?

And if it takes long enough maybe the public will just forget. I think that's in their playbook too.

JMO.

Absolutely. They are also going the people who complain about the manhunt and the investigation and anything else will be pressured by outspoken public sentiment to remain quiet or be labeled conspiracy theorists or cop haters etc....

That is why the task force had no problem with MSM or making interviews when they get to control the narrative.

rsbm

Wouldn't that apply in the killing of a civilian as well? Clearly it does not. So there is something else at play here, and I think a lack of professionalism is one of the more polite ways that it can be put.

Let's see....he was shot with his own gun and there is gunpowder residue on his hand(s?). Is all residue chemically the same from a 40 caliber bullet? I don't know ballistics AT ALL, but if there is a chemical difference, that should be clear after testing, and if there is not, then how could there ever be a match in ANY CASE???? Help me! JMO
Yes, it's possible even with different "lots" of the same ammo. Do you really expect the police to tell you everything they know? Do you expect them to tell you things that might jeopardize the case? I am perfectly willing to wait. Others are very impatient. Tell me, what difference will it make to you if this is wrapped up tomorrow or 6 months for now? Don't you find this case interesting? Why are some so anxious for this to end?

Yes, it's possible even with different "lots" of the same ammo. Do you really expect the police to tell you everything they know? Do you expect them to tell you things that might jeopardize the case? I am perfectly willing to wait. Others are very impatient. Tell me, what difference will it make to you if this is wrapped up tomorrow or 6 months for now? Don't you find this case interesting? Why are some so anxious for this to end?

The difference will be several hundred thousand tax payer dollars as well as a dozen Police who could be dedicating their tax funded time to investigating something else rather than bending over backwards to chase miniscule leads they would never think twice about had the dead not been a cop.

rsbm

No, it is not. I wouldn't expect them to treat someone with a paper cut with the same urgency as someone in cardiac arrest.

By the same token (and billing/insurance matters aside), if a LEO and a civilian came into a public hospital with identical minor injuries, and six doctors were looking after the LEO, while the civilian was left with a nurse, I would have to question whether they give preferential treatment.

Old article but interesting. Not sure if Lt CG fits the description or not.

Interviews with 50 murderers have produced the bureau's first sketch of a typical victim officer: someone with a tendency to use less force than other officers and to rely on an instinctive read of a situation and so drop his guard. By the testimony of the officer's killer as well as mournful colleagues, the victim is likely to be a hard-working, laid-back person who "tends to look for good in others" and not follow all the rules, like waiting for backup help.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/09/us/police-killers-offer-insights-into-victims-fatal-mistakes.html

rsbm

No, it is not. I wouldn't expect them to treat someone with a paper cut with the same urgency as someone in cardiac arrest.

By the same token (and billing/insurance matters aside), if a LEO and a civilian came into a public hospital with identical minor injuries, and six doctors were looking after the LEO, while the civilian was left with a nurse, I would have to question whether they give preferential treatment.

Or if they were monopolizing MRI machines or other special equipment to treat the other sick doctor while other patients had to go to the back of the line. That too is unprofessional, unethical and potentially criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member