IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(begin rant)

Every time I read a news update, I feel like SCREAMING at my computer and it's over on of the most trivial things in this case.

We have all listened to the radio traffic or at least read the transcripts. We all know (or should know) that the LT DECLINED backup the first time it was offered and then (reluctantly) he said to 'go ahead and start them this way' - but ONLY after he was asked by the dispatcher a 2nd time.

WHY TEN is the media still reporting that the LT finally REQUESTED backup?!?

If MSM can't even get a simple fact like that one straight. . . it really makes me wonder what else they have been missing!

(end rant)

I would imagine the board in charge of deciding how much (if any) his wife is entitled to doesn't particularly want to be giving it either. But if it's found to be above board, rules are rules.

Also I wonder if he called for backup so that his body would be found instantly? Or maybe even had some crazy thought like "if I call for back up and then shot myself, if they get me to the hospital in time I may survive and that will be a sign" kind of thing? Sorry if I'm rambling, do you guys know what I mean?

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-discuss-new-information-officers-death.html

"The Lake County Sheriff's Office is holding a news conference Wednesday to share the new details and it is anticipated officials will announce Gliniewicz committed suicide related to personal issues. A legal investigation of Gliniewicz may also have been a factor, the Chicago Sun-Times reported."

I wonder what was going on in Lt.Gliniewicz's personal life? Did he have a girlfriend? Any locals hear anything about personal issues he was having?

I would imagine the board in charge of deciding how much (if any) his wife is entitled to doesn't particularly want to be giving it either. But if it's found to be above board, rules are rules.

Also I wonder if he called for backup so that his body would be found instantly? Or maybe even had some crazy thought like "if I call for back up and then shot myself, if they get me to the hospital in time I may survive and that will be a sign" kind of thing? Sorry if I'm rambling, do you guys know what I mean?

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Except he didn't call for backup. See the post above yours by Chuz Life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Fox-Lake-1-Sep-2015-6&p=12164420#post12164420

Originally Posted by vestigare View Posthttp://ltjoslyn.proboards.com/thread/31/post-300

Dec 22, 2007 at 11:03pm QuotePost by gijoe on Dec 22, 2007 at 11:03pm
It's tough without support, I'm #2 in our department so I pretty much can do what ever training I like as long as I can justify it and have a documented risk assessment to keep the chief from stopping any of it. In fact we just got our training flash-bangs in.....Exploders love them!!!!! This competition we are going to next month is pretty cool......My goal over the next two years is to sponser this type of competition here in the midwest!!!!

LT"G"

Here is the post I was thinking about.
If these were the funds the Lt. was accused of misappropriating, it sounds like he was getting approval from the chief and the expenses were related to training - not personal use and vacations, so IMO that part is legit. I expect we will find out there was much more.

It's very possible CG was misusing the department's funds without his wife's knowledge. Even if his wife did the family's banking, keeping the checkbook balanced, CG could've had a secret bank account he used to deposit money into which he claimed on bogus expense reports (really, personal and vacation expenses). Another possibility (not a fact) is that CG was using misappropriated funds to support a mistress.

IF his wife WAS aware of her husband misusing department funds, just think how all the more selfish an act the Lt's suicide was. Committing suicide to escape punishment for criminal behavior is cowardly to begin with, but he would've essentially been telling his wife: "Sorry, honey, I'm bailing out. I can't face the music; I'll leave that to you and the kids."

For the above reasons, I will assume the wife and kids are completely innocent of whatever CG may have been guilty of, unless we are told differently by investigators. JMO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-discuss-new-information-officers-death.html

"The Lake County Sheriff's Office is holding a news conference Wednesday to share the new details and it is anticipated officials will announce Gliniewicz committed suicide related to personal issues. A legal investigation of Gliniewicz may also have been a factor, the Chicago Sun-Times reported."

I wonder what was going on in Lt.Gliniewicz's personal life? Did he have a girlfriend? Any locals hear anything about personal issues he was having?
I am a local just a few short minutes away from where Lt. Gliniewitcz passed away. There is a lot that was going on in his personal life and beyond. Facts that have been known for a while, but I could not disclose them due to the policy here of not posting information about victims and family members.

I am a local just a few short minutes away from where Lt. Gliniewitcz passed away. There is a lot that was going on in his personal life and beyond. Facts that have been known for a while, but I could not disclose them due to the policy here of not posting information about victims and family members.

Agree, and thanks for your help. It is difficult not to state an opinion, having been somewhat "informed" or at least guardedly trusting that one has...and fitting pieces of a puzzle together. Some pieces just do not fit, no matter how they are configured. There is still much more to learn the truth of than a simple MOD ruling....JMO

Wasn't it Lt Gliniewicz who said recently that he would not be going to one of the muddy buddy type competitions? Sounds like he didn't have the funds to attend that recent one. Probably aware officials knew of his possible use of funds for other vacations.

I'm another one who woke up this morning to the news of FB (yes, my first go-to as I'm waking up, LOL)...and the comments are definitely from those who do not believe it and locals believing it is hinky and a coverup.

I haven't followed this closely; only check in periodically to see any updates. I was holding out hope (that seems weird, hoping he was murdered rather than a suicide, but I hope you understand my meaning) that he didn't stage this.

I hope they really do have some solidifying evidence to show he did this at his own hands.

Re his pension - yes, he had already "earned" it and yes, his survivors are entitled to it. Had he committed suicide in their family garage, he'd get it. He worked years for that, did his time, and a pension is legally a benefit earned, part of his wage and compensation package. Do I believe, if it's true he committed suicide, that he deserves the additional benefits for on on-duty death? No.

You all realize many of our corrupt and convicted politicians and elected officials sitting in jail/prison...get their pensions? All public servants, who are even convicted of criminal behavior for YEARS! They really are part of the compensation package that are legally very hard to take away. We may not like it, but that is the way it usually is.

Also, is it really fair to take his pension away from his family for the cost of the manhunt, etc? Are they solely responsible for the expenses? Until we hear otherwise (and it better be friggin' clear!), I'm going to "assume" his wife and son really didn't think their hubby/father would go to these lengths to commit suicide, so they were in shock and hoping the perp would be found, for some sense of justice for their loved one, as well as safety of others in the community.

Trust me, I'm very fiscally conservative...work in the federal gov't and see wasted $$$ on a daily basis that burns me up...but I don't see how the family should be punished for what the gov't agencies, etc. did to search for the suspects....even though it was (apparently) all unnecessary.

Sad. Disappointed in Lt, if it was suicide and not a corrupt local situation.

Respectfully, and JMO. These are my thoughts before we (hopefully) learn more concrete findings of the investigations.
And yes, I'm with the other poster who questioned why we had to have these little leaks before the morning presser. I don't like that.

I think they planned, or at leased expected the leaks. That's why they're holding the presser at thr RL community center. That venue will accomidate a lot more people than they can at the FLPD.

Because of the suicide ruling, they expect a bigger crowd. They knew the public would already be aware of the ruling so they decided to have it in RL before the leak was announced.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone Misleading info and involving others does make me angry.
It is difficult to trust anybody nowadays imo. Here's another example.
His son was adamant his dad wouldn't take his own life.
Now he has this to deal with and is still so young.

"That's a very big concern of mine too. As I understand it and having seen it for myself, suicides can become very contagious."

Today is his birthday....

I think they planned, or at leased expected the leaks. That's why they're holding the presser at thr RL community center. That venue will accomidate a lot more people than they can at the FLPD.

Because of the suicide ruling, they expect a bigger crowd. They knew the public would already be aware of the ruling so they decided to have it in RL before the leak was announced.

Will you be able to attend? I bet it will be interesting to see who is there and what they are saying off-record. JMO

Will you be able to attend? I bet it will be interesting to see who is there and what they are saying off-record. JMO

I might be able to. I'm going out somewhere else right now. Don't know if I'll make it on time.

Can I play devil's advocate with you on this?

If his family was already benefiting from any illegal and or fraudulent activity that the LT might have been involved in - even prior to his death. . . Why do you think they would also be entitled to his death benefits?

I don't see how they would be so entitled.

I wrote my post prior to the information about the fraud. I'll await the press conference before responding.

In this final hour prior to the press conference, I would like to state something for the record. I have always been open to the possibility that this was a suicide. What I have been opposed to has been for the steadfast belief from the beginning that there were no other possibilities. I have also been opposed to those who have complained about how long the investigation had taken, etc.. Apparently, the investigation has rendered extensive information that even we here were not privy to and lo and behold, they have been doing their jobs all along. Again, I will await word from the presser before making any further statements, at which time, I will discuss the revealed details going forward.

I'm really sad for all those people who believed in LT. Like the earnest kids in the Explorers, the people who hung blue ribbons and posters, donated money to fund-raisers, cops who came from other states and even foreign countries to support the family and LE community, those anonymous people who cried silently for yet another cop shot in the course of duty. I think of the high schooler who was interviewed on national TV. He explained how he wanted to go into LE as a result of this. He seemed so fresh-faced and trusting. Everyone's faith has been betrayed. Not just his family. We've all been hurt. The image of cops has been hurt.

BBM - This is a sad truth. It doesn't change my view of cops, but it will be an opportunity for those who are anti-cop to make points. I suppose pro-cop people got a lot of mileage out of the initial incident, so maybe that will be the payback, I suppose.

I wrote my post prior to the information about the fraud. I'll await the press conference before responding.

I tend to think that post 373 is enlightening, in re benefits, as it is written by someone in law enforcement.... JMO

Does anyone have a link for the live feed streaming? And when is the press conference?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member