IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall filenko (lower case) saying that the shot to the vest was before or after his call to dispatch...if it was after the call, he almost had to follow through with the suicide plan, because he was going to have police there within a few minutes. If before the call, he maybe could have covered up the evidence of the shot. But I personally think that he knew exactly what he was doing and how to time it. JMO

Not that it would have changed his plan. But maybe just out of curiosity to see how it would go.

Agreed as well. He didn't steal, lie, cheat and kill himself because his wife is overweight.

As for his salary, having 5 kids myself and making a similar salary in a Midwest city, I can say that $100,000 goes really fast. I wish it didn't.

Having assumed this was suicide from early on I just find this all so sad. I was hoping it was more depression, mid-life crisis or just something other than being involved in criminal activity. I feel bad for his wife (assuming she didn't know) but feel worse for his kids. I can't imagine feeling like my dad didn't love me enough to stick around. I get that isn't necessarily how suicide works but I can imagine those left behind might feel that way.

Maybe she gained weight as a REACTION to having had to live with this creep. She had to have SOME idea what he was into. Maybe not the stealing, etc. but the *advertiser censored* sites and adultery. Doesn't do a lot for a woman's self-esteem. People don't get to that size without some serious problems.

Not that it would have changed his plan. But maybe just out of curiosity to see how it would go.

He wanted to die. It would have been really risky to shoot himself in the vest over the abdomen...and be incapacitated, but NOT die. He would've been busted for attempted suicide right then and there and have to live with the humiliation he was planning to excuse himself from. JMO

Maybe she gained weight as a REACTION to having had to live with this creep. She had to have SOME idea what he was into. Maybe not the stealing, etc. but the *advertiser censored* sites and adultery. Doesn't do a lot for a woman's self-esteem. People don't get to that size without some serious problems.

True, but divorce is always an option. I think that she enjoyed her life with him. JMO

Nice "family values" to model for your sons, too. PUKE JMO
I dont know how it wasn't a no brainer he didn't get the Antioch job. He clearly thought he was all that. yuck is right.

He wanted to die. It would have been really risky to shoot himself in the vest over the abdomen...and be incapacitated, but NOT die. He would've been busted for attempted suicide right then and there and have to live with the humiliation he was planning to excuse himself from. JMO

I'm just trying to find a reason for that first shot. I don't think he intended to kill himself with that shot. So why do it? To enhance the look of a struggle? maybe. But either way he knew that after that shot, he would have to he would have to shoot himself again.

I was thinking the "test" shot helped him decide exactly where and how he would take the 2nd one.

Or just the simple reason to destroy his cell phone. But he could have done that with a glancing blow. They said the impact was direct, and the slug was embedded in his vest.

Wife and son being investigated per my above post.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/44569884-story

Wife, son of Lt. Joe Gliniewicz are under criminal investigation

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - FOX 32 News has just learned that Lt. Joe Gliniewicz’s wife Melodie and son D.J. are under criminal investigation in connection with the embezzlement of funds from the Fox Lake Police Explorer Program.

FOX 32 will have complete coverage of the Gliniewicz investigation tonight on the Fox 32 News at 9.

I was expecting this, sad to say.

This story disgusts and angers me deeply. Excuse my little rant but I need to get this off my chest. My husband was seriously injured in the line of duty last year and can no longer work in LE due to the injury. He also served in Iraq and was in the reserves but cannot do that either due to injury when he was attempting to just do his job honestly and serve and protect. Within the past year he has buried two friends who were killed in the line of duty in our large city. To then see something like this is disgusting and disgraceful to all officers and their loved ones who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

My husband was watching this on the news and had one question that I told him I would ask on here. Do we know if a gun shot residue test was done on his hands before or during the autopsy? I know there was residue under his vest but hadn't read about his hands. Believe me, I think this was suicide I guess my husband was wondering if they did find gun shot powder residue on his hands, they prob had to have a pretty good idea right away that this was suicide.

Sorry for the long post. This case really bothers me.

It was said that today is one of Lt.CG's sons birthday is today. Which son? Is it DJ's birthday?

This story disgusts and angers me deeply. Excuse my little rant but I need to get this off my chest. My husband was seriously injured in the line of duty last year and can no longer work in LE due to the injury. He also served in Iraq and was in the reserves but cannot do that either due to injury when he was attempting to just do his job honestly and serve and protect. Within the past year he has buried two friends who were killed in the line of duty in our large city. To then see something like this is disgusting and disgraceful to all officers and their loved ones who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

My husband was watching this on the news and had one question that I told him I would ask on here. Do we know if a gun shot residue test was done on his hands before or during the autopsy? I know there was residue under his vest but hadn't read about his hands. Believe me, I think this was suicide I guess my husband was wondering if they did find gun shot powder residue on his hands, they prob had to have a pretty good idea right away that this was suicide.

YES. Hug your hubby and thank him. JMO

It was said that today is one of Lt.CG's sons birthday is today. Which son? Was it DJ?

Yes. 06/25/25 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #2
JG: “You are borrowing from that ‘other’ account, when you get back youll have to start dumping money into that account or you will be visiting me in JAIL!! The 1600 and the 77 all came from there…”
JG: “And FYI, all but 1500 of everything borrowed came from that ‘other’ acct, hence why I closed the us bank and opened bmo acct to keep it from being traced… Nad making p300 their own 501c3, no longer considered a village acct.”
06/26/15 – Messages between Gliniewicz and Individual #2
JG: I’m sticking my neck out there with loaning you over $2377.00 to fix your truck specifically and only to help accommodate your summer leave, trip to OK. I would not have otherwise. I can’t even pay for state now cause their account is down to %1578.72, and that’s 4 bodies and 2 advisors at $450 a piece!! Not to mention the $3,055.72 still left to pay for their uniforms… I will need you to do an allotment to their account, at min $100 a month VERY SOON!!
JG: “So if called on the carpet I can say, “we give our explorers and advisors loans from time to time if it is needed, and this is proof it is being paid back” you get whwre I’m coming from? This village administrator hates me and the explorer program. This situation right here would give her the means to CRUCIFY ME it it were discovered. Compound this with “if" I was selected for chief of antioch, i would be leaving here and would have to turn this account over to someone else…
JG: “the 1600 is undocumented, it was cash from boot camp, so there is no check trial to follow, only our sheet that indicates who attended and if they paid. So thus far there is only the check I wrote last night to you that says “loan” in the memo section. All the rest of your left over $$$ I moved to the old explorer credit card and have been making payments on that when I can. This was all to keep you informed of the gravity of the situation, and the necessity to show repayment.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...riminal-Activity-340194422.html#ixzz3qZZsFhRB
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook
Yes. I'm guessing he is the receipiant of these too.

I'm sorry your husband was injured. Please thank him for his service. I think that GSR was found on his hands. Here's the full press conference, it's long, but many questions answered.

[video=youtube;UAPA8e-l-pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPA8e-l-pY[/video]

chris hayes MSNBC now Filenko being interviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members