GUILTY IL - Mya Lyons, 9, stabbed to death, Chicago, 15 July 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cathy, can you elaborate on what you know? It appears what you know is not what was reported in the media. And what the media got came from LE. You certainly have my attention.

Cathy, can you elaborate on what you know? It appears what you know is not what was reported in the media. And what the media got came from LE. You certainly have my attention.

I am married to a relative of Mya, so you can say she's my niece by marriage.

I am married to a relative of Mya, so you can say she's my niece by marriage.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She seemed to have been a sweet girl. How is her family doing? Is there anyone under suspicion for Mya's death?

I'm so sorry for your loss. She seemed to have been a sweet girl. How is her family doing? Is there anyone under suspicion for Mya's death?

Yes, everyone in that house is a suspect in our eyes. I can't really give out the details but I will answer as much as I can. I personally don't believe the killer lived in the house but I will say that most fingers point in that direction.

Yes, everyone in that house is a suspect in our eyes. I can't really give out the details but I will answer as much as I can. I personally don't believe the killer lived in the house but I will say that most fingers point in that direction.

The friends house or the house that Mya was living in? It's been unclear to me whether she went to her friend's house and if she even made it there at all. And no worries on what you can and can't answer.

The friends house or the house that Mya was living in? It's been unclear to me whether she went to her friend's house and if she even made it there at all. And no worries on what you can and can't answer.

The house she was living in...

I can't judge her father, as I have never been in such situation but why would you pick your injured child up? When he lifted her, ALL of her guts fell out of her body. It is common sense to not move an injured person but then again, I can't speak for a parent who sees their bleeding child in an alley.

The house she was living in...

Well that would explain why it never made sense that she would have left the house on her own at that age. Does LE have thier sights on anyone? Or have they just let this case slip on by?

I can't judge her father, as I have never been in such situation but why would you pick your injured child up? When he lifted her, ALL of her guts fell out of her body. It is common sense to not move an injured person but then again, I can't speak for a parent who sees their bleeding child in an alley.

That's a hard question to answer. I could maybe see picking them up, but once I saw how bad it was I would definitely not move them. Refresh my memory, her father and her uncle took her to the hospital themselves right?

Well that would explain why it never made sense that she would have left the house on her own at that age. Does LE have thier sights on anyone? Or have they just let this case slip on by?

The reason this case may be unsolved is because of the inept, ignorant people working at the Chicago police. I once called there and left a message for the detective to call me and never received a response. I called again and the idiot who answer the phone asked for my name. Because my last name is not Lyons his response was "You'd have to speak to the family of the victim, I can't give you any information". Keep in mind that the ONLY thing I asked was "what's the name of the detective on her case"...I then asked (quite angrily) if a person calls in with information on the killer you wouldn't speak to them because they're not related to her?...After beating him up with words of anger he apologized and said "I thought you were a nosey person seeking information". That may very well be why the case is still unsolved. Imagine a witness to the crime call and get such response?

That's a hard question to answer. I could maybe see picking them up, but once I saw how bad it was I would definitely not move them. Refresh my memory, her father and her uncle took her to the hospital themselves right?

Yes. You are correct.

It was reported that DNA was collected from some of the neighbors. Was DNA collected from those in the household and were they cleared? Or is the DNA still backlogged?

It was reported that DNA was collected from some of the neighbors. Was DNA collected from those in the household and were they cleared? Or is the DNA still backlogged?

Yes, just about everyone submitted DNA. Even a kid whose little sister played with Mya had to submit DNA.

Yes, just about everyone submitted DNA. Even a kid whose little sister played with Mya had to submit DNA.

Thanks. Were they all cleared because of DNA? Is there anyone who refused and did not give DNA?

I don't think her father was involved BUT, I can honestly say that I understand why others think he is guilty. It certainly does raise the question "why did he look into the alley". If your child is missing for 10 minutes, would you search an alley before going to her friend's house? It does raise questions.

Well it never made sense to me that a 9 year old girl would have left her bed to go by herself to her friends house in the dark. Speaking of her friend has she said anything? And was the inside of Mya's house ever processed as a crime scene?

I feel like whoever did this was young and angry with Mya.

I don't think her father was involved BUT, I can honestly say that I understand why others think he is guilty. It certainly does raise the question "why did he look into the alley". If your child is missing for 10 minutes, would you search an alley before going to her friend's house? It does raise questions.

Ok, I always thought Mya had to go through the Alley to get to her friends house. I guess I kinda assumed that maybe her dad was checking a route he figured she would take and came across her. But she was found much further down wasn't she? I really need to refresh myself on the details.

I doubt it was a young person.

Yes, the home was search. Actually a few houses were searched. I know that at least one neighbor gave DNA, not sure which.

Have you contacted a reporter to see if they'll pick this case up again?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back