IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the info, do you know the family?

It's tragic that apparently the Fronczak's never got to meet Kevin but at least they got to know what happened with his life and what he looked like.
I don’t know the family. Just following the case. While there were some answers. There was so much potential for both families to find more answers and closure. Was hoping to see the situation take a more positive direction.

I don’t know the family. Just following the case. While there were some answers. There was so much potential for both families to find more answers and closure. Was hoping to see the situation take a more positive direction.

Well, they've solved one part of the puzzle, even if it didn't have a happy ending. And it seems they solved the Jack mystery... just Jill to find out about now.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

His mother was not the easiest person to identify. Robert is at least her fourth known husband. They married around Dec 1975 according to Ancestry obit collection. Kevin was raised and identifies with Robert as his father. Robert is his step-father and unlikely to have any knowledge or involvement with abduction.

Sounds like she may have needed a baby to keep one of her husbands around at that time in her life. Maybe faked pregnancy, etc.

Like Paul/Jack and many other children, his legal date of birth differs from his biological date of birth. Which makes sense given that using the correct date would risk him being suspected and easily identified throughout the years. From what I understand, after watching a show, his children were convinced of him being the missing child. The adoption and questionable details were obviously known or suspected. David Fronczak has been frustrated and spoken out about the situation. From his post, it appears Kevin’s daughters had some contact with them until the results came back and Kevin didn’t want the publicity. From the tribute wall posts on obit, it doesn’t appear they ever met.
~~~~~
April 29, 2020 12:59 AM
Three Memorial Trees were ordered in memory of Kevin Ray Baty.

We wish we had the chance to meet you. Rest in peace.

Your brothers and your mom,
Paul, David, and Dora Fronczak

obit link:
Obituary for Kevin Ray Baty | Holdship Family of Funeral Homes
~~~~~
January 25, 2020 9:56 PM
David Fronczak
PLEASE REPOST, especially if you live in the Midwest or Michigan.
This is Kevin Baty of Manton, MI. I’m looking for any information on the woman that raised him. She kidnapped him from my parents in 1964, from a hospital in Chicago, IL. She kept him in Chicago for a number of years before returning to Manton, MI, where I believe she had other relatives (and estranged children). He has never left that small, isolated town. Literally nobody is helping my family understand who this woman was, where they lived, or what their lives were like. The FBI has abandoned the case (despite knowing much more info about her). They wrongly placed another baby into my parents arms in 1966 (pre-DNA) that had been abandoned in New Jersey to “close the case.” This woman is dead, but the Baty family is covering it up to hold onto “memories of their grandma.” They have no remorse for her actions, or understanding for the agony my parents suffered over 50 years, and have had little contact with my mom or I since I discovered them almost a year and a half ago. Jessica Baty LaFreniere and Meagan Baty Heuker are two of his daughters living in Michigan. Kendra Baty is his youngest daughter living in Chicago. All I’ve asked from them is to know who their grandmother was, and help us learn what happened to my brother, who was stolen from my mom’s arms when he was 36 hours old. They haven’t told me a thing about her. If she were innocent it would be quite easy to prove. I plead for any mother reading this to imagine that happening to them, and help my mom and I find some answers. Jessica’s husband Matt LaFreniere actually texted me to “stop bothering them, she is dead, the story is over.” I’d like anyone reading this to imagine the family of a felon saying that to you, despite her crime, simply because she was dead. As if the crime never happened or impacted anyone. #kevinbatyispaulfronczak #kevinbaty#whoispaulfronczak #jessicalafrenierebaty#meaganheukerbaty #kendrabaty #jessicabaty #meaganbaty#stolenbabies

comment link:
Who is Paul Fronczak?

It makes me wonder how he obtained a birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, etc. Did he stay in a small, isolated town in MI because he couldn’t obtain paperwork without triggering an investigation? Is this why his children were convinced he was the missing child after watching a show? I think the woman who stole him wasn’t the only complicit person. There had to be more people that knew or suspected something.

My heart goes out to his mother Dora.

It makes me wonder how he obtained a birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, etc. Did he stay in a small, isolated town in MI because he couldn’t obtain paperwork without triggering an investigation? Is this why his children were convinced he was the missing child after watching a show? I think the woman who stole him wasn’t the only complicit person. There had to be more people that knew or suspected something.

I agree completely and have wondered the same thing.

Last edited:

I don't know how birth certificates worked if you had a home birth in the 1960s or if you took in a relatives child but people that have kidnapped kids and passed them off as their own. It was easier to enroll in school prior to needing a social. Social Security numbers weren't required for kids or infants until the mid to late 80s. They were usually obtained when a person started working. So parents or guardians could claim kids until the end of the 1980s without proof the kids existed or that kids weren't being claimed by multiple people. That became an issue.

I would think family members or friends would notice that someone who wasn't pregnant suddenly had a kid that they couldn't quite explain or that things didn't add up with. People might have assumed adoption was the reason or just didn't want to pry. Kidnapping isn't something people assume right away. It's possible a dead child's birth certificate was used or it wasn't obtained until later and maybe things didn't match up. Maybe family rumors or questionable paperwork made him suspect he was abducted.

It looks to me from some research that the woman was using a former name and not her most recent husband's name. Anyone else find the same thing?

It looks to me from some research that the woman was using a former name and not her most recent husband's name. Anyone else find the same thing?
I have noticed several oddities but I didn’t notice she used her former husbands name. Where did you find that? I did notice she used her frequently used both first and middle name as her primary name. Haven’t been able to figure out who the Baty name came from yet or if it was randomly chosen. I think Kevin’s middle name was from her father. It appears he died a few months before her birth.

Last edited:
I don't know how birth certificates worked if you had a home birth in the 1960s or if you took in a relatives child but people that have kidnapped kids and passed them off as their own. It was easier to enroll in school prior to needing a social. Social Security numbers weren't required for kids or infants until the mid to late 80s. They were usually obtained when a person started working. So parents or guardians could claim kids until the end of the 1980s without proof the kids existed or that kids weren't being claimed by multiple people. That became an issue.

I would think family members or friends would notice that someone who wasn't pregnant suddenly had a kid that they couldn't quite explain or that things didn't add up with. People might have assumed adoption was the reason or just didn't want to pry. Kidnapping isn't something people assume right away. It's possible a dead child's birth certificate was used or it wasn't obtained until later and maybe things didn't match up. Maybe family rumors or questionable paperwork made him suspect he was abducted.

Awesome point on home birth practices during that time. That is something that I didn’t even think about. From his mothers age, she would have been in her early 40’s when he was born. Her two oldest children were about 19-22 at the time of his birth.

This is probably the craziest story I’ve ever read. I’m so glad they were able to get answers but also so sad for the mother never being able to meet Paul. Prayers now Paul-Jack will be able to uncover what happened to his twin sister.

I had a quick look and can't find anything official except this:

Jill Rosenthal (1963-Unknown) - Find A Grave...
I noticed that too when I found the photo of the mother Marie with one of Jack & Jill's siblings, Karen;
12875321_1582606770.jpg

She looks like she's pregnant with the twins. The dates seem strange though, I think.. Jack & Jill's DOB listed is 27 Oct 1963 & Karen's (in the photo) is 9 Jan 1963. Even if mom is ready to pop, the lil gal is definitely older than 9mo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Einself.the.doodle
Back