Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DCF worker needs to lose his/her job.

Absolutely agreed. I was about to say that baby might still be alive had the worker removed the children that very day... but we don't yet know when she actually died.

I've read a bunch of different times (for example the worker was there from 3:20 until 4pm) and this baby had been missing since either 2 or 4 or 6:30.

If she did in fact die before the worker even got there (the 2pm claim) and was hidden in a car as has been stated, the worker at least lied about even seeing her.

If it was 4, then whatever happened to her happened immediately after the worker left... with the children living in a house deemed inhabitable. This just makes me SO angry. :banghead:

The house has been deemed uninhabitable and yet..... yet...

"There were no obvious hazards or safety concerns at that time". There is NO WAY this worker went inside the house and came out and still wrote that in the report. Or if they did, they flat out lied.

I get that there are over-worked caseworkers doing the best they can and they can't all catch every danger sign but good gravy, the stinking house was found unlivable. UGH!! :gaah:
I mentioned earlier that one of my best friends is a DCFS case worker. I'm trying SOOOO hard to withhold judgment here. It's difficult. But my friend has called me several times in tears because she wanted so badly to have children removed from their homes for reasons like this, and supervisors wouldn't approve it. The system is so bombarded with these poor children, that sometimes in dire situations they don't meet the criteria. It's a major problem.

I have no idea what this case worker's situation was, but it's possible that this individual did see the red flags and did try to do something about it. Hopefully we find out more.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

im wondering if another baby wasn't there and they just said it was her.

I just said to someone maybe she was not seen at all by DCFS and they claimed they saw her CYA style.

Once again I was fooled. Still have to catch up a little........

Poor baby.

maybe they cleared out the front room or something.

The house has been deemed uninhabitable and yet..... yet...

"There were no obvious hazards or safety concerns at that time". There is NO WAY this worker went inside the house and came out and still wrote that in the report. Or if they did, they flat out lied.

I get that there are over-worked caseworkers doing the best they can and they can't all catch every danger sign but good gravy, the stinking house was found unlivable. UGH!! :gaah:

Now I am just anxious for arrests. So many people in that home, though. It really concerns me about proving who did it. I forsee them all pointing fingers at each other.

Whoa.... Anita says she doesn't think it was the mom, but someone else in the house, she didn't say why but clearly already talked about this to whoever she is with on the phone.

I really do wish that live reports didn't include the reporters feelings on who is guilty and who is not. This could totally taint a jury pool. JMO

Lawyers release statement:

Lawyers representing the mother of a child found dead after a frantic search in Joliet Township have released a statement on their Facebook page following the discovery of the 1-year-old’s body.

Chuck Bretz and Associates posted on its Facebook page Thursday evening the firm had been retained by Sheri Gordon to advise her in coordinating communications “between the various agencies involved.” The Will County Sheriff’s Office, the FBI, Department of Child and Family Services and Will County Coroner’s office have all been involved to an extent in the investigation of Semaj Crosby’s death.

"Ms. Gordon is extremely grateful for the efforts of the various law enforcement officers, first responders, and volunteers who participated in the search for Semaj,” the statement reads. “During the search, Ms. Gordon and law enforcement engaged in a high level of communication and cooperation.
Ms. Gordon is extremely distraught over the death of her only daughter. She will continue to support the investigation in this matter to the best of her abilities. She prays for her daughter and appreciates the community’s support in this matter. We look forward to when we can put this tragic incident behind us and allow the healing to begin.”
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...iet-Township-Release-Statement-420674133.html

Heaven must be teeming with all these little ones who have been so abandoned and mistreated here on earth. Absolutely heartbreaking!

Thank you for putting into words what I've been feeling. To say any more would take pages and pages of a frustrated rant.

Absolutely agreed. I was about to say that baby might still be alive had the worker removed the children that very day... but we don't yet know when she actually died.

I've read a bunch of different times (for example the worker was there from 3:20 until 4pm) and this baby had been missing since either 2 or 4 or 6:30.

If she did in fact die before the worker even got there (the 2pm claim) and was hidden in a car as has been stated, the worker at least lied about even seeing her.

If it was 4, then whatever happened to her happened immediately after the worker left... with the children living in a house deemed inhabitable. This just makes me SO angry. :banghead:

Reminds me of young Gabriel Fernandez in Palmdale CA. The DCFS workers knew exactly what was happening to him at home and did absolutely nothing to protect him. They are also accused of falsifying documents to cover their tracks. In the end he endured horrible torture at the hands of the adult monsters in his home and died.

Edited to add: I'm always kind of taken aback at how little attention Gabriel's case gets here on WS. I'm not sure if it's because of how horrible his injuries were or what. Makes me a little sad.

Now I am just anxious for arrests. So many people in that home, though. It really concerns me about proving who did it. I forsee them all pointing fingers at each other.

I hope they can find some type of DNA evidence. Perhaps touch DNA from whoever put her in the couch.

I really do wish that live reports didn't include the reporters feelings on who is guilty and who is not. This could totally taint a jury pool. JMO
I was thinking about this earlier and was planning to post. She goes out of her way to note that the info she is providing is NOT official or confirmed. For anyone who is reading but hasn't watched/listened to her live feeds. She mentions that often, that she is actively investigating live.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Right. I admire her inspiration, but, just the facts, ma'am.

Oh, ok. I'll try to take a look. I'm trying to be an active, engaged, loving caregiver of small children right now, so it's difficult to keep up!

Thanks again for your updates. I really appreciate it!

Being that loving caregiver > keeping up here. We've got you!

Again, give those little lovelies a hug for me. <3

Being that loving caregiver > keeping up here. We've got you!

Again, give those little lovelies a hug for me. <3

Ditto that!

:heartluv::heartluv:

I mentioned earlier that one of my best friends is a DCFS case worker. I'm trying SOOOO hard to withhold judgment here. It's difficult. But my friend has called me several times in tears because she wanted so badly to have children removed from their homes for reasons like this, and supervisors wouldn't approve it. The system is so bombarded with these poor children, that sometimes in dire situations they don't meet the criteria. It's a major problem.

I have no idea what this case worker's situation was, but it's possible that this individual did see the red flags and did try to do something about it. Hopefully we find out more.

I'm honestly not trying to throw this caseworker under the bus but it's real hard. I can only imagine the crap they see every day but at the end of the day, a precious baby is dead and if there is any way that could have been prevented from this case worker's pro-active decisions, it utterly ticks me off that it didn't happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back