Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump:

Thinking of Semajor and praying justice comes soon.

What in the world is happening with law enforcement lately? Little Samaj, Libby and Abbie, Lyric and Elizabeth. All of them unsolved. And it's starting to look like they may never be. The monsters are killing our children and no one is stopping them. It's breaking my heart. :maddening::notgood:

Exclusive: Lawyer For Sheri Gordon Speaks with WJOL
The lawyers representing Sheri Gordon, the mother of 17-month old Semaj Crosby, says she will speak to investigators if there is a need. The attorneys representing Gordon, Chuck Bretz and Neil Patel, spoke with Scott Slocum and stated that they had conducted their own investigation. From the results of that alternative investigation by Chuck Bretz & Associates, the attorneys do not believe there will be a need to defend Gordon in this case.
http://www.wjol.com/exclusive-lawyer-sheri-gordon-speaks-wjol/

I followed a case a year or two ago where the missing child (cannot recall his name) was eventually found in the home the next day. I believe in the laundry room, under and/or behind things. Intentionally concealed, and not some place anyone would look.

Yes, that does ring a bell... Was it somewhere in Florida -- a little boy?? If so, I never saw a resolution of the case although, IIRC, an arrest was made in the case. A man, I think. I certainly could be "mis-remembering," too.

I suppose this still could be an accident however, I wonder if mom was angry about DCF being called again and took it out on Semaj. I really hope not. :(

Could she have tried to hide from someone (playing, or in fear) & gone under or behind the sofa & gotten smothered, unable to get out of where she gas? Or was it a panicked, quick, "hide the body" type thing?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ontario Mom

I followed a case a year or two ago where the missing child (cannot recall his name) was eventually found in the home the next day. I believe in the laundry room, under and/or behind things. Intentionally concealed, and not some place anyone would look.

Yessss! :bowdown: That's the one I remember -- :doh: -- obviously, I don't have the steel-trap mind that you do, boo!
That was the one.

I didn't want to say it when I saw the first pic of her (when she was still missing), but I'll admit now that Aliayah Lunsford immediately came into my mind. And I'll bet I wasn't the only one who had that same thought...

Dammit. These sweet, trusting (because they have no choice), innocent little human beings. Oh, how someone else could have loved these little ones and helped them to be so happy and healthy with only good dreams at night, and happy when they awakened the next morning.

I didn't want to say it when I saw the first pic of her (when she was still missing), but I'll admit now that Aliayah Lunsford immediately came into my mind. And I'll bet I wasn't the only one who had that same thought...

Dammit. These sweet, trusting (because they have no choice), innocent little human beings. Oh, how someone else could have loved these little ones and helped them to be so happy and healthy with only good dreams at night, and happy when they awakened the next morning.

You were definitely not the only one. :(

I thought of her right away, too. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manny's case reminds me of Gabriel Fernandez... in Gabriel's case the CPS workers are facing charges, this case should too.

Well..wish I hadn't of read this..told myself not to but then read the entire article and now I'm just sick..that poor little Manny..all of these children, unbelievably sad and Sheldon was helping is "buddies" in Florida. How does he live with himself!!

IMG_0036.JPG

I feel like crying whenever I look at this sad photo of such a beautiful little girl.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/ct-dcfs-hearing-met-20170523-story.html

DCFS under fire for quickly closing child abuse investigations

The hearing was prompted by a May 11 Tribune report on three Cook County cases in which children died of beatings or starvation shortly after DCFS closed investigations into mistreatment in their homes, as well as the case of 17-month-old Semaj Crosby, who was found dead last month in her Joliet Township home after the agency closed four neglect probes, and was in the midst of two more.

- - -
http://wgntv.com/2017/05/24/dcfs-considers-major-changes-amid-testimony-of-pressure-to-close-cases-quickly/

DCFS considers major changes following death of Joliet toddler Semaj Crosby

-At a hearing in Springfield Tuesday, Director George Sheldon asked for a change in state law giving investigators access to records of past unproven allegations.

-
DCFS currently expunges and shreds most investigators’ files if the agency determines there is no credible evidence of abuse or neglect.

This is a damning article for Sheldon, imo, he has blood on his hands.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/watchdog/ct-dcfs-kids-met-20170511-story.html

Disgusting!

FROM YOUR ARTICLE:
The Tribune investigation also found that after these three deaths occurred, DCFS pushed to close Cook County cases even faster, offering financial incentives to investigators who completed probes within 14 days. And the Tribune also found that, last year, investigators confirmed fewer cases for neglect or abuse compared with the previous year.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MSCJgrad

This is a damning article for Sheldon, imo, he has blood on his hands.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...511-story.html

Well..wish I hadn't of read this..told myself not to but then read the entire article and now I'm just sick..that poor little Manny..all of these children, unbelievably sad and Sheldon was helping is "buddies" in Florida. How does he live with himself!!

from the Tribune article above:

DCFS was rattled last month by another fatality case when 17-month-old Semaj Crosby was found dead in her Joliet home in the midst of two DCFS investigations. Sheldon told state lawmakers he ordered a Quality Assurance Review of Semaj's case.

"If mistakes were made, we'll correct them," he told the Tribune. "I don't think you can slough off a child's death. It's too important."

bbm

Only in death do these children become important. SMH
Once again, our mantra: What is wrong with people?
The least of these...

Disgusting!

FROM YOUR ARTICLE:
The Tribune investigation also found that after these three deaths occurred, DCFS pushed to close Cook County cases even faster, offering financial incentives to investigators who completed probes within 14 days. And the Tribune also found that, last year, investigators confirmed fewer cases for neglect or abuse compared with the previous year.

This is absolutely unforgivable and so very wrong. WTF??? I have no words.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back