Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just started paying attention to this case. Hope he is found soon. Thought of (family annihilator) Chris Benoit... is SB suffering from a severe brain injury? moo

Former NFL player Sergio Brown has surfaced in bizarre Instagram Story videos that appear to mock reports by police that he is missing — which comes just days after his mother was found murdered.

Last updated 1:32 PM, Sep 20, 2023

Or he wants everyone to think he's nuts. (Movie: Primal Fear)

Can't think of a better way to skirt a murder charge than claiming insanity as a defense.
With him having played professional football it is more likely he suffers from CTE to some extent although taking off to Mexico looks like a guilty cognitive choice. Just speculating not fact.

Or he wants everyone to think he's nuts. (Movie: Primal Fear)

Can't think of a better way to skirt a murder charge than claiming insanity as a defense.
Bolding mine.
I've considered that as well. ^^^
:eek:

One would think a thorough psych evaluation would nip that in the bud ?
Whatever happened .... Justice for Myrtle !
Omo.

He’s got some pretty serious mental health issues going on here. He is not a well man. I wonder if his mental instability was reason for him bouncing around to 5 different teams in 6 years?

He’s delusional and perhaps even paranoid.

Yikes.
IMO, he was stable while he was trying to live the dream of being a professional football player. When that dream ended might have been the start of his mental health problems. At 35 he was living with his mom suggesting to me he didn't have much income. I think he bounced between teams because he honestly wasn't that good.

Praying this kid is located soon for the sake of all involved.

JMO

SEP 20, 2023
[...]

On Wednesday, Maywood Police detectives emerged from the home of Myrtle Brown with a white box after nearly an hour inside. The individual who let investigators into the property declined to identify himself to Nexstar’s WGN.

This comes as yet another post was made to Instagram by a man identifying himself as the missing Sergio Brown.

The bizarre clip, shared as a story, shows a shirtless man, who strongly resembles Myrtle Brown’s missing son, repeatedly saying lyrics that appear in Drake’s song, “Legend”: “Oh my God. If I die, I’m a legend.” Two other clips were shared on the account’s story, both videos of people dancing.

[...]

... there was a geotag for Maywood on the Wednesday Instagram post.

[...]

In the video at this link, the white box that is being carried out says Toshiba Dehumidifier on it. That doesn't mean that's what's inside, of course... MOO

SEP 20, 2023
[...]

As Brown was set to play in his first game for the Colts Oct. 5, 2014, he received a text from his mother.

"12 years to the day," Myrtle Brown wrote to her son. Brown told IndyStar, at the time, it took him a minute to soak in what his mother was saying. After being on the Colts roster since 2012, he was thinking more about getting to start for the team than the date.

Soon, he realized what his mother was saying. His father had died Oct. 5, 2002, exactly 12 years before.

"Brown went out and had one of the finest days of his career, filling in admirably for suspended free safety LaRon Landry. Brown made three tackles, sacked Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco on a critical fourth-down blitz deep in Indianapolis territory, and added a pass deflection," IndyStar reported after the game. "He was everywhere. He was a difference-maker."

After the game, Myrtle Brown told her son: "Your dad would have been proud of you."

[...]

The effects of CTE on the brain shouldn’t be underestimated— and football players have some of the worst cases of it from being hit in the head hundreds of times a WEEK, sometimes for years. CTE sometimes doesn’t become apparent until years later and it can cause a host of mental and neurological issues. Not saying Sergio doesn’t have other mental health issues or that he’s not accountable for his actions, but it definitely explains a lot of the bizarre behavior. I have a close loved one who played football at some pretty high levels who has told me privately he would never let his sons play the sport, because he’s seen the effect it’s had on some of his peers and how hard it is on the body and brain to play for years. I’m actually a big football fan myself but the pattern can’t be ignored.

Regardless of whether he is a suspect in this horrible case or not, he needs to be found soon because he is clearly not rooted in reality right now and needs serious help before he makes bad choices that could harm himself or others.

MOO.

The effects of CTE on the brain shouldn’t be underestimated— and football players have some of the worst cases of it from being hit in the head hundreds of times a WEEK, sometimes for years. CTE sometimes doesn’t become apparent until years later and it can cause a host of mental and neurological issues. Not saying Sergio doesn’t have other mental health issues or that he’s not accountable for his actions, but it definitely explains a lot of the bizarre behavior. I have a close loved one who played football at some pretty high levels who has told me privately he would never let his sons play the sport, because he’s seen the effect it’s had on some of his peers and how hard it is on the body and brain to play for years. I’m actually a big football fan myself but the pattern can’t be ignored.

Regardless of whether he is a suspect in this horrible case or not, he needs to be found soon because he is clearly not rooted in reality right now and needs serious help before he makes bad choices that could harm himself or others.

MOO.
Did this guy even play enough to get hit 100 times in his entire career?

Unless he was the tackle dummy for every team he was on, I don't see him playing enough to get hit enough to have CTE.

JMO

Unless he was the tackle dummy for every team he was on, I don't see him playing enough to get hit enough to have CTE.

JMO
you would also have to consider his high school career, and his college career added to his professional career.

IMO, he was stable while he was trying to live the dream of being a professional football player. When that dream ended might have been the start of his mental health problems. At 35 he was living with his mom suggesting to me he didn't have much income. I think he bounced between teams because he honestly wasn't that good.

Praying this kid is located soon for the sake of all involved.

JMO
Charlie Batch, Super Bowl champ with the Pittsburgh Steelers who played for the NFL for over 15 years, spoke to Julie Grant about NFL player wellness and mental health when players transition away from football.

JMO
From what I can see he played for at least four seasons, so that’s 4 seasons of minimum 4-5 days of practice where actual playing situations (including tackling) are simulated. Add off-season training that NFL athletes are required to do, plus his college and high school playing careers. He’s also a safety, a defensive position who’s entire job is to cover players “deep” and be the last line of defense to prevent the opposite team from getting to the end zone, which means he was definitely taking a lot of contact. I don’t think him getting hit 100 times or even 200 times throughout all that time is far fetched.

Football is inherently a contact sport. Entertaining, but definitely not gentle on the body.

MOO :)

From what I can see he played for at least four seasons, so that’s 4 seasons of minimum 4-5 days of practice where actual playing situations (including tackling) are simulated. Add off-season training that NFL athletes are required to do, plus his college and high school playing careers. He’s also a safety, a defensive position who’s entire job is to cover players “deep” and be the last line of defense to prevent the opposite team from getting to the end zone, which means he was definitely taking a lot of contact. I don’t think him getting hit 100 times or even 200 times throughout all that time is far fetched.

Football is inherently a contact sport. Entertaining, but definitely not gentle on the body.

MOO :)
He played in 94 games and made 144 tackles in the NFL during his career. Plus highschool, college and practice.

JMO
Even high school football players who have never played collegiate or professional ball have been found with significant CTE. We don’t know why some people are more susceptible to getting CTE, nor why some demonstrate more severe behavioral changes. A much-discussed example would be a fairly “normal” middle class guy murdering his best friend as the late NFL player and convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez did. He was found to have severe CTE upon his death at age 27.

There are so many sources online, but here is some info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back