GUILTY IL - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, in suitcase in Bali, 12 Aug 2014 *fnd guilty in Bali* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The cousin is, like you say, the most neutral person out of the four. She's a blood relative too. She's a Science Teacher who has raised two sons of her own. I like that Lisa Hellman's attorney is giving the heads up to the Judge about "Ellis and Suartama struck deals that would lead to Stella’s exploitation..."

MOO, Tommy's mother, Kia Walker, Stella's only living grandmother now, has shown a sincere concern from the start of Stella's life, and needs to be included in Stella's life, even if she doesn't get custody. I hope somehow that could be written into the custody paperwork that she be allowed visits with her grandchild. I hope she is allowed to have a relationship with her granddaughter, and Stella's appointed guardian honors Kia's role because Kia does have a strong sense of family, and Stella needs a grandmother.
Totally agree with you about Tommy’s mother.

Any news yet on what happened Wednesday or Thursday? I shall go ahead & post this just in case it is still happening.

Friday, Sept. 9th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 4) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment, charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.
Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1 (9/6/22) reference post #518 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-aug-2014-fnd-guilty-in-bali-6.593581/page-26

Bench trial began on 9/6/22 for custody of Stella.
9/7/22 Wednesday, Trial Day 2: No info available. Trial continues on 9/8/22.
9/8/22 Thursday, Trial Day 3: No info available. Trial continues on 9/9/22.

Re: what is going on with Oshar being willing to relocate to Chicago.

It's hard to believe, but HM killed her mother 8 years ago. I recall seeing a picture of Oshar's kids at that time and I think they are adults now and I believe there may have been problems in the marriage.

I am curious about one thing and that's Oshar's citizenship. I don't know if her citizenship is Australian or Indonesian, but it certainly isn't American. I think she'll need some kind of visa to stay here permanently. Sometimes you can renew visas indefinitely, but you have to leave the country and re-enter each time you do.

OK, and I can't help but wonder if she's visiting HM regularly in jail.

i read the article and I didn’t see that Oshar was willing to relocate to Chicago permanently? I’m thinking she’s trying to get guardianship or permanent custody of Stella and take her back to Bali. Her children would be in their mid teens at this point I believe. I do believe she likely visits HM regularly.

MOO

The cousin is, like you say, the most neutral person out of the four. She's a blood relative too. She's a Science Teacher who has raised two sons of her own. I like that Lisa Hellman's attorney is giving the heads up to the Judge about "Ellis and Suartama struck deals that would lead to Stella’s exploitation..."

MOO, Tommy's mother, Kia Walker, Stella's only living grandmother now, has shown a sincere concern from the start of Stella's life, and needs to be included in Stella's life, even if she doesn't get custody. I hope somehow that could be written into the custody paperwork that she be allowed visits with her grandchild. I hope she is allowed to have a relationship with her granddaughter, and Stella's appointed guardian honors Kia's role because Kia does have a strong sense of family, and Stella needs a grandmother.

I agree. Unless she has the means to support the child, I don’t think she will get custody. But she should at least have frequent contact.

I’m impressed that the cousin has stepped up to try to do right by Sheila’s granddaughter as well. I believe she is Sheila’s sister’s daughter and that Sheila’s family has always wanted to get Stella away from HM but both of Sheila’s siblings might be too old to take on that challenge. Sheila’s family are well aware of all the shady things that have gone on in regards to this case.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Kia Walker with regards to her love for her son and her granddaughter. She seems like a decent person but without the funds necessary to really make an impact in the custody fight. I also like your idea that she should at least be able to have some type of relationship with Stella no matter who gains custody.

MOO

MOO, Tommy's mother, Kia Walker, Stella's only living grandmother now, has shown a sincere concern from the start of Stella's life, and needs to be included in Stella's life, even if she doesn't get custody.
In fact, Kia Walker is the only grandmother Stella has ever had, thanks to Heather and Tommy having killed her other grandmother before Stella was even born.

Do not know IF this is still going on - as I am not getting updated articles on this.

Monday, Sept. 12th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 5) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali on 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf Tommy Schaefer at the St. Regis Bali Resort Hotel in Bali, Indonesia) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment (2017), charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.
Federal Trial set to begin on 7/31/23. (3 week trial)

Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1-3 (9/6/22 to 9/8/22) reference post #519 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-aug-2014-fnd-guilty-in-bali-6.593581/page-26

9/8/22 Update: Mack has pleaded not guilty to the charges & U.S. District Judge Charles Norgle on Thursday scheduled Mack's trial to begin on 7/31/23. Federal prosecutors have said they expect the trial "will last no longer than three weeks."
9/9/22 Friday, Trial Day 4: No info available. Trial continues on Monday, 9/12/22.

Tuesday, Sept. 13th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 6) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali on 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf Tommy Schaefer at the St. Regis Bali Resort Hotel in Bali, Indonesia) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment (2017), charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.
Federal Trial set to begin on 7/31/23. (3 week trial).

Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1-3 (9/6/22 to 9/8/22) reference post #519 here:

9/8/22 Update: Mack has pleaded not guilty to the charges & U.S. District Judge Charles Norgle on Thursday scheduled Mack's trial to begin on 7/31/23. Federal prosecutors have said they expect the trial "will last no longer than three weeks."
9/9/22 Friday, Trial Day 4: No info available. Trial continues on Monday, 9/12/22.
9/12/22 Monday, Trial Day 5: No info available. Trial continues (??) on 9/13/22.

Still going on???

Wednesday, Sept. 14th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 7) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali on 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf Tommy Schaefer at the St. Regis Bali Resort Hotel in Bali, Indonesia) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment (2017), charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.

Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1-5 (9/6/22 to 9/12/22) reference post #529 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-aug-2014-fnd-guilty-in-bali-6.593581/page-27

9/13/22 Tuesday, Trial Day 6: No info available. Trial continues (??) on 9/14/22.

Anyone????

Thursday, Sept. 15th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 8) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali on 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf Tommy Schaefer at the St. Regis Bali Resort Hotel in Bali, Indonesia) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment (2017), charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.

Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1-5 (9/6/22 to 9/12/22) reference post #531 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-aug-2014-fnd-guilty-in-bali-6.593581/page-27

9/13/22 Tuesday, Trial Day 6: No info available. Trial continues (??) on 9/14/22.
9/14/22 Wednesday, Trial Day 7: No info available. Trial continues (??) on 9/15/22.

This will be the last posting of this bench trial - since I do not know "what" is happening...

Friday, Sept. 16th:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 9) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali on 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf Tommy Schaefer at the St. Regis Bali Resort Hotel in Bali, Indonesia) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment (2017), charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.

Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1-7 (9/6/22 to 9/14/22) reference post #532 here:

9/15/22 Thursday, Trial Day 8: No info available. Trial continues on 9/16/22 & will be the last posting until info on trial is known.

@Kamille - I have your name down in my notes - any updates on the custody of Stella? It seems to be going on for way too long, unless it ended - like last week - and the Judge is still deciding...

TIA! :)

@Kamille - I have your name down in my notes - any updates on the custody of Stella? It seems to be going on for way too long, unless it ended - like last week - and the Judge is still deciding...

TIA! :)
According to this article, the trial is still ongoing and apparently Kia is testifying today via zoom. Not sure if the whole trial is being done over zoom or how to get a code to join in. :p

Wednesday, Sept. 21st:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 12) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali on 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf Tommy Schaefer at the St. Regis Bali Resort Hotel in Bali, Indonesia) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment (2017), charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.

Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1-7 (9/6/22 to 9/14/22) reference post #532 here:

9/15/22 Thursday, Trial Day 8: No info available. Trial continues on 9/16/22.
9/16/22 Friday, Trial Day 9: No info available. Trial continues on Monday, 9/19/22.
9/19/22 Monday, Trial Day 10: No info available. Trial continues on 9/20/22.
9/20/22 Tuesday, Trial Day 11: Kia Walker as witness, will continue on
9/21/22.

Thursday, Sept. 22nd:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 13) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali on 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf Tommy Schaefer at the St. Regis Bali Resort Hotel in Bali, Indonesia) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment (2017), charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.

Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1-12 (9/6/22 to 9/21/22) reference post #537 here:

9/21/22 Wednesday, Trial Day 12: Witness: Kia Walker. No other info available. Trial continues on 9/22/22.

Guessing this is STILL going on??

Friday, Sept. 23rd:
*Bench Trial continues (Day 14) (custody) (@ am CT) –IL - Sheila von Wiese-Mack (62) (killed in Bali on 8/12/14 by daughter & her bf Tommy Schaefer at the St. Regis Bali Resort Hotel in Bali, Indonesia) - *Heather Mack (19 @ time of crime/26) Federal indictment (2017), charged & arrested (11/3/21) & arraigned (11/3/21) with conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, conspiracy to commit foreign murder of a U.S. national & obstruction of justice. Plead not guilty (11/3/21). Held without bond.

Info on Mack’s previous crime & case info from 11/12/21 thru 6/29/22 & Bench Trial Day 1-12 (9/6/22 to 9/21/22) reference post #537 here:

9/21/22 Wednesday, Trial Day 12: Witness: Kia Walker. Trial continues on 9/22/22.
9/22/22 Thursday, Trial Day 13: No idea what is going on. Trial (I guess) continues on 9/23/22.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77
Back