IL IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's disturbing that I am a news junkie and live an hour south of rockford if you take interstate 39 and i have NEVER heard of this case :( It's been so long, it's ridiculous this wasn't publicized more!

This is such a sad case! This is the first I have heard of it.

Did anyone see the tv show "Taken: Missing children with Elizabeth Smart"? It aired last night but I'm not sure if it is a new show or not...? It featured Timothy...

Did anyone see the tv show "Taken: Missing children with Elizabeth Smart"? It aired last night but I'm not sure if it is a new show or not...? It featured Timothy...

Haven't heard of it yet, but is it part of the Investigation series they do?

What channel was it on, or was it Cable TV?

Yes I saw this show a couple of months ago and could have sworn I posted about it on this thread but can't find the post anymore. When I watched it it was on the biography channel and I thought it was going to be a series done by Elizabeth Smart featuring different missing children. However since then I have only ever seen the one episode about Timmothy. If anyone hears about more episodes let me know.

It was on the Biography Channel and it looks like that episode was a "pilot" episode. They do not list it on their show line-up so it probably isn't running anymore :(

I just went back and read the entire thread. Some things that were mentioned on the show (I am only going by memory so I hope I get them right!):

*She told both the school and her work that she had a family emergency. She told work she would be gone about a week.

*She was at work for 15-20 minutes sending out emails and they showed part of one email briefly. It looked like it said "things are horrible at home..."

*She had stopped taking her medication a week prior.

*Dad said the blood in the car was from him having a serious nose bleed. Mom came home one day with Timmothy, he came in house holding a bucket and his nose bleeding all over his face.

*Mom called Timmothy's uncle (Dad's brother) and her mother. The Uncle talked to Timmothy. Her mother said she sounded calm and not distressed. She said Amy didn't understand why they were making such a big deal out of her taking Timmothy.

*Amy wanted her husband to join the Mormon church. She asked him several times and he said that "at the time it wasn't an option for him".

*I do not remember them mentioning cough syrup or that she purchased clothing. They did show the toys she purchased for Timmothy and one of the videos show him playing on the floor near the hotel front desk with the toys.

*I do not remember them mentioning the zoo, car repairs, previous trips, or that her cell & ipass transponder was not found.

*Both dad and grandmother think she gave Timmothy to a "Radical Mormon" (I think thats the phrase they used) because of Dad not wanting to join church.

~ Again, I am just going by memory so I hope I remembered everything right... I was hoping to find a youtube of the episode but haven't found it yet.

From the Charley Project profile:

Amy left a note and two letters in the mail (one to her mother and one to a friend) saying Timmothy was fine and was with people who cared about him

I find it odd that she didn't leave a note/letter for her husband.

Also, does anyone remember, did Amy have crackers and milk in her stomach when they did the autopsy? I know they found antihistamines in her system. Were there empty containers in the hotel room or car? She bought the milk and crackers the day she commited suicide when she purchased the paper/envelopes but hours before she checked into the hotel correct? That sounds like a snack for a 6 year old not a last meal...

I have only recently discovered this case but it really has begun to consume me. Just based upon all the available evidence I really believe she killed him. Amy's friend had mentioned that she seemed "fine" on her vacation the week before. Though, if you know much about suicide, it seems once the decision is made that peace comes over them. I think she had made peace with this months earlier when she was scouting out locations during her Feb and March trips. All this leads me to believe she had to have committed the act. Other clues that I just can't get around are:

She was not wearing the clothes she was last seen in. The fact that she changed from the video footage at the Water Park to the time she was seen entering the store is troublesome. Also, these clothes have never been accounted for.

The missing IPass and cell phone lead me to believe she intentionally disabled these devices to disguise her whereabouts. She put in the call to her mom and brother-in-law to dispel any kind of alerting they may do to the police. Once she had them assured things were fine she had all the time in the world to commit the act.

There is absolutely no disclosed evidence of emailing, calling or being in contact with someone who would be looking after Tim. This alone to me rules out anyone taking Tim to look after him. In today's day and age, its virtually impossible not to leave a digital footprint.

Things I wish the police would divulge:

How much fuel was left in the vehicle? Did she pay via credit card when she last fueled up and what was the total. Someone noted that she had service work done to the SUV. I have not seen that. Is it documented what the odometer reading was at the time of the work?

What contents were in her stomach? Milk, Cough Syrup and Crackers were either purchased or with her prior to the suicide. Would like to know what was consumed.

Welcome to Websleuths, FindTim!

:wagon:

Thank you for posting your thoughts on Timmothy's thread. :) I agree -- this case has consumed a lot of us here as well. :(

ITA with FindTim's summary, especially w/ cough syrup as part of the scenario:
I have only recently discovered this case but it really has begun to consume me. Just based upon all the available evidence I really believe she killed him. Amy's friend had mentioned that she seemed "fine" on her vacation the week before. Though, if you know much about suicide, it seems once the decision is made that peace comes over them. I think she had made peace with this months earlier when she was scouting out locations during her Feb and March trips. All this leads me to believe she had to have committed the act. ...

This information is straightforward. Amy must have purchased gas on a credit card. I would like to see how much fuel was purchased. Almost everyone fills it up. If in fact the truck was full at this point, the total amount of mileage can be calculated and a much denser area can be pinpointed.

Mileage is a key determining factor in figuring out how much she traveled in between Johnson Creek and Rockford. Knowing that she was within 5 miles of Sterling and also stopped in Winnebago we could calculate just how far she would have been able to travel off the main roads.

At minimum she had to travel 286 miles going from Johnson Creek (where she filled up) to Kalahari Resort to Sterling, IL to Winnebago to Rockford Inn. The Expedition she was driving has a 28 gallon tank, so it would be interesting to see (if she had filled it to capacity) how much fuel was left in the truck. These trucks get about 12 to 18 MPG. Tops she could have driven on a full tank of gas is roughly 500 miles. If we knew how much fuel was left in the tank it would narrow down the searching area dramatically.

THURSDAY, MAY 12

2:20 p.m. — Amy buys gasoline and beverages from a Qwik-Trip just off I-94 in Johnson Creek, Wis.

3:43 p.m. — Amy and Timmothy check in at Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells, where they are again seen on surveillance video.

FRIDAY, MAY 13

10:10 a.m. — Amy and Timmothy are last seen together checking out of the Kalahari.

Noon to 1:30 p.m. — Amy calls several family members while driving toward the Sterling-Rock Falls area. Timmothy is heard in the background.

7:25 p.m. — Amy buys pen, paper and envelopes at the Family Dollar in Winnebago.

8 p.m. — Amy is seen alone at Sullivan’s Foods in Winnebago, where she buys crackers and milk. Surveillance footage shows she is alone.

Between 11:15 and 11:30 p.m. — Amy checks into the Rockford Inn in Rockford.

Excellent to know that this case remains under investigation and hasn't been stashed away in a folder somewhere.

I just wish LE would release more information on fuel purchases and mileage undertaken.

The sad part is the detective isn't looking at this case open minded. With this quote I feel he should be removed from the case.

“There are lots of working theories on the table,” Catavu said. “…but whoever she left him with, she was confident no one would be able to locate him.”

I remember when this happened. You know websleuths is so vast and there are so many missing babies in the world , it's hard to keep up . But I just was reading an article this morning that highlighted 25 missing kids and I went through and then searched for them on WS. When a case leaves my memory for whatever reason, I tend to think it must have resolved itself. Isn't that silly ? Why do some of us do that? I guess its because at the time I was not on ws. Poor little guy. I hope he's ok and it sorta sounds like he might be ok. Thanks for keeping him going guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme