Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. DrewP wouldn't show a reaction if they walked him up to her body.

He has been like that all along. They find something that may be incriminating, DrewP would go on camera and start cracking jokes.

If anything I believe that his showing up on camera at tense times is his reaction to watch for. And yes, he did go for the publicity this time by going on the radio. But I think that was in response to the tension he was feeling about the high bond and the bond reduction being denied. He keeps talking about how he doesn't have a problem being in jail, but I think he is feeling it.

Today on HLN I heard a comment made by him I think that humor and Yokin' around is how he survives the doldrums of jail. It was when he was talking to Mancow I think, throwing out the ridiculous contest he proposed and then said SS to 'in here there are only men'. Too bad Drew bet 'cha can't even get one of them LOLOLOL

Whoops, IMO

I agree. DrewP wouldn't show a reaction if they walked him up to her body.

He has been like that all along. They find something that may be incriminating, DrewP would go on camera and start cracking jokes.

If anything I believe that his showing up on camera at tense times is his reaction to watch for. And yes, he did go for the publicity this time by going on the radio. But I think that was in response to the tension he was feeling about the high bond and the bond reduction being denied. He keeps talking about how he doesn't have a problem being in jail, but I think he is feeling it.

I, as a person innocent of murder, would have a HUGE PROBLEM BEING IN JAIL BECAUSE OF AN INDICTMENT OF MURDER!!!!

I, as a person innocent of murder, would have a HUGE PROBLEM BEING IN JAIL BECAUSE OF AN INDICTMENT OF MURDER!!!!

That's because you are a normal person Thesleuther. I've read Scott Peterson has taken to prison like a duck to water! xox

I was hopeful that these remains were either Lisa or Stacy and would bring closure to one of the families involved.

I too am losing hope that Stacy's remains will ever be found. Although I don't think Drew is anywhere near as smart and clever as he thinks he is, he has somehow managed to conceal the remains of Stacy in such a manner that they may never be found.

I think it was just his good luck that he was able to get Stacy's remains out of the house and avoid detection late on the evening of October 28th and the early hours of October 29th. The three days Drew disappeared on his "head clearing" trip are key to this whole mystery.

Yes, I agree with you and that need to get her out of the house meant that he had to get Morphey to help him - not ideal, but necessary. And that need may be what eventually seals the deal with a jury.

I simply can't imagine taking to prison; I simply can't imagine it.

I was in for about a day till they dropped my case and I had a breathing attack. The air is all recirculated - awful. then they put a roomie in with me who was making eyes at me and it is lucky I made it thru the night.

I was hopeful that these remains were either Lisa or Stacy and would bring closure to one of the families involved.

I too am losing hope that Stacy's remains will ever be found. Although I don't think Drew is anywhere near as smart and clever as he thinks he is, he has somehow managed to conceal the remains of Stacy in such a manner that they may never be found.

I think it was just his good luck that he was able to get Stacy's remains out of the house and avoid detection late on the evening of October 28th and the early hours of October 29th.

The three days Drew disappeared on his "head clearing" trip are key to this whole mystery.....

Leila, I agree, The three days Drew disappeared on his "head clearing" trip are key to this whole mystery.....:cop:...where he went and what he did is tied to this case..big time...imo

I'm so upset about this. Really. I was so happy when the news originally broke, I just kept thinking, "Stacey washed ashore today." Maybe they're wrong, and it is the body of Stacey (or Lisa). Is that possible? Probably not... But what about the blue barrel? Perhaps this is another DP's victims. Or maybe the blue barrel isn't related to this body at all, and Stacey is in that very river just waiting for her day.

I wouldn't pay any attention to his reactions. IMO, he would appear aloof no matter what.

I'm so upset about this. Really. I was so happy when the news originally broke, I just kept thinking, "Stacey washed ashore today." Maybe they're wrong, and it is the body of Stacey (or Lisa). Is that possible? Probably not... But what about the blue barrel? Perhaps this is another DP's victims. Or maybe the blue barrel isn't related to this body at all, and Stacey is in that very river just waiting for her day.

I wouldn't pay any attention to his reactions. IMO, he would appear aloof no matter what.

Hi Brooke, I'm upset too it's not Stacy even though I am glad a family will soon have some closure for their loved one.

I'm not really sold on the idea she isn't in that river just because this body was someone else.

Two containers and a barrel all missing from Drew's house. They have to be somewhere, right? I've read the upstream side of the dam is quite deep.

If he did pour some Quickset concrete in one of those containers with her body, it could still be there, being gently moved back and forth in the dark. Maybe someday they will be able to dredge that part with side sonar.

It would be tricky and take money. Or they could just build a coffer dam and pump the water out of that area. Imagine what they might find there going back years and years!

xox

Hi Brooke, I'm upset too it's not Stacy even though I am glad a family will soon have some closure for their loved one.

I'm not really sold on the idea she isn't in that river just because this body was someone else.

Two containers and a barrel all missing from Drew's house. They have to be somewhere, right? I've read the upstream side of the dam is quite deep.

If he did pour some Quickset concrete in one of those containers with her body, it could still be there, being gently moved back and forth in the dark. Maybe someday they will be able to dredge that part with side sonar.

It would be tricky and take money. Or they could just build a coffer dam and pump the water out of that area. Imagine what they might find there going back years and years!

xox

I'm just no getting into this story, and I'm glad that there is going to be justice, but I really was hoping that they had found Stacy because I just have such a hard time knowing that she is out there :cry:

Whoever they have found I hope they find his home and the family that loves and misses him :beats:

Do we know if DP knew Stebic?
Both wives never found.
Both husbands would not allow children to see maternal family.
Both women never found.
I have always wondered if they knew each other from the bar or
something........shared ideas???

I'm so bummed that it's neither of our missing ladies. I've been thinking about this last evening and this morning - I'm begining to be convinced that they may never find Stacy, that even with the limited time he had he may have 'obliterated' her, if I can use that term.

I think we are probably correct in thinking this may be a young man or child. I can't think of the case right now, but does anybody remember that jerk that abducted his kids, killed them, and supposedly dumped their bodies here in Illinois? I think he ended up killing himself. He'd told police that his driving route was I-80, but who knows? I'll have to search around for the case but I don't believe they ever found the children's bodies. Maybe this is that boy.

May these remains find peace.

This might be the case you are remembering....his children's bodies were recovered/ dumped in pretty much the same spot.

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-8923970_ITM

Do we know if DP knew Stebic?
Both wives never found.
Both husbands would not allow children to see maternal family.
Both women never found.
I have always wondered if they knew each other from the bar or
something........shared ideas???
I don't see any possible connection other that they are both suspected of murdering their wives. Had there been any link, someone would have known of it because they would have had to been aquaintances prior.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6837234

Late Thursday, the DuPage County Sheriff's office told ABC7 DNA testing on the Des Plaines River body confirms it is not that of John Spira. But there are countless other missing men whose families are still wondering if this is their loved one.

It just seems like the more people they rule out, the more we find out are lined up waiting to be checked.

Twenty-nine-year-old Brad Olsen was last seen trying to find a ride home from a bar near DeKalb nearly two-and-a-half years ago. Like the remains found last week, he too was wearing jeans when he disappeared.

It just seems like the more people they rule out, the more we find out are lined up waiting to be checked.

Twenty-nine-year-old Brad Olsen was last seen trying to find a ride home from a bar near DeKalb nearly two-and-a-half years ago. Like the remains found last week, he too was wearing jeans when he disappeared.

And this is only one river! I will never go out in a boat again without thinking of just what is/could be under the water. sigh Evil sure taints a lot of life's little pleasures.

xox

I'm smacking myself in the forehead right now with a big "duh!", DP's bro said the container felt hot, quick set gets hot :doh: slow on the up take sometimes. TYVM!

Late Thursday, the DuPage County Sheriff's office told ABC7 DNA testing on the Des Plaines River body confirms it is not that of John Spira. But there are countless other missing men whose families are still wondering if this is their loved one.
Bolding mine.

This is really sad that so many are missing. :cry: I was hoping it would be Stacy to bring some closure to her family but honestly I'm surprised the remains are male considering how the media ran with the assumption it was a female. I think it might have been better if less had been said until it was at least determined what gender the victim was. MOO

And this is only one river! I will never go out in a boat again without thinking of just what is/could be under the water. sigh Evil sure taints a lot of life's little pleasures.

I think I worry more about getting brained by one of those scary bighead carp. I know they're not supposed to be this far north, but...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard