DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sign of missing 7-year-old Illinois girl

Police say they do not suspect foul play

Author: By Leslie Bentz and Mayra Cuevas CNN

Published On: Sep 10 2013 01:57:08 AM EDT Updated On: Sep 10 2013 05:15:18 AM EDT
(CNN) -
Police don't suspect foul play in the disappearance of 7-year-old Willow Long from a rural Illinois home over the weekend. But they're wondering if the movie she'd been watching at the time may have something to do with it: Disney's "The Princess and the Frog."

"We were thinking maybe she wanted to go on this adventure," J.R. Nieman of the Watson fire department. "So we have checked bodies of water."

Willow was watching television with her brothers on Sunday when her mother, who wasn't feeling well, laid down for a nap. When she woke up, her daughter had vanished...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...girl/-/1719418/21861186/-/ussobs/-/index.html

It makes me so mad. People were all over that house & yard the past couple days. I swear, if anything ever happens to me or my son in our home, or anyone else I know, I will beg LE to seal everything off & keep people away. I'll sleep in the front yard & pee in a tin can! It just drives me crazy every time I see people all over a potential crime scene. I saw a video of everyone gathered at the house yesterday and I just cringed. :(

It makes me so mad. People were all over that house & yard the past couple days. I swear, if anything ever happens to me or my son in our home, or anyone else I know, I will beg LE to seal everything off & keep people away. I'll sleep in the front yard & pee in a tin can! It just drives me crazy every time I see people all over a potential crime scene. I saw a video of everyone gathered at the house yesterday and I just cringed. :(

It happened with JonBenet 17 years ago, and hard to believe that it's still happening today.

This article says search called off... 3 people taken away in handcuffs...

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body...uld-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html

snip from your link :-(

Neighbors said officers put up crime scene tape around Long’s house near the intersection of Circle Dr. and Watson around 10:30 p.m. That's located about a mile from where the body was found. They said three poeople were taken away in handcuffs. None of that information was confirmed by police.

those terms are interchangeable. :twocents:

IMO, I think being sleuthers we don;t use these terms interchangeably.

In my mind, Remains = advanced decomposition (deceased a longer time)
Body= not deceased very long.

JMO.

before rumors start - from the kmov article it says : (neighbors) They said three poeople were taken away in handcuffs. None of that information was confirmed by police.

IMO, I think being sleuthers we don;t use these terms interchangeably.

In my mind, Remains = advanced decomposition (deceased a longer time)
Body= not deceased very long.

JMO.

ita... that being said we are dealing with the media. (the SA statement said body so most likely the media took to elaboration with the term? idk)

Now the link just says neighbors saw mother and uncle taken away in cuffs... not 3 people.

ita... that being said we are dealing with the media. (the SA statement said body so most likely the media took to elaboration with the term? idk)

yes... sometimes we expect the media to get it right, but they never fail to fail us! ;)

I would say that bystanders witnessed the individuals being handcuffed by police and carried in....so what we have are eyewitness reports that are not confirmed by police. The same way that police will not say it's Willow's body but they are breaking down their command center.

Very sad scenario.

IMO LE often says remains, and the media uses that term rather than body. I don't think anything is meant by the term "remains" in this case, other than a deceased person.

Also, I think it is clear that LE knows they have found Willow.

JMO

Don't forget there were rumors that Alanna Gallagher's family had been arrested, which turned out to be completely false. (Rumors that included people posting on Facebook and saying they'd seen them taken away in cuffs.) I'd be skeptical until there is non-rumor confirmation.

(I don't have an opinion on this particular case either way, not a lot of info seems available, just adding my perspective from a past case.)

I second that notion!!!

ljerglkdsjvioeajgpoi4q3nrfkjsdzh0vbdfubn[1q3kmr

yes... sometimes we expect the media to get it right, but they never fail to fail us! ;)

That would make a great siggy!

I feel like new protocols need to be established regarding missing persons. Cases such as this should have evidence gathered at the home when the report is made. jmo

Ugh, no. I thought I'd wake up this morning to read better news about Willow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann