GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would die a slow death before I would purchase alcohol or drugs for my kids. And my kids are now adults. But I have seen - and experienced - the most horrific things due to drug and alcohol abuse...and I wouldn't condone it due to principle.

Why not leave the drugs and alcohol alone...and learn to enjoy life the right way: Sober.

(I know I'm a tough knot about this issue. Others are probably not so much....its ok)

BBM

Well, I'm a Frayed Knot.......so......:drumroll:

Then you think there would be loud voices that would wake the Mom up.

I wonder how long this uncle had been living in the house.

There doesn't seem to be a big window of opportunity for the crime and transportation if indeed the kids were fed breakfast at 7 a.m. ish.

Any vehicles impounded?

It could have happened fast. Mom could have taken something for her headache. Many people with headaches or migraines have prescription Rx for it. Also, it could be a situation where she was injured, he panicked and was trying to rush her to a hospital, she passed, and he dumped her body. IDK. I guess the fact the 3 year old was traumatized, but stayed put, means some sort of crisis occurred. He obviously witnessed Willow being carried out of the house. IMOO, if she died in the house, JD could have easily wrapped her in something and the 3 year old wouldn't have know Willow was taken from the home...

An autopsy confirms the body found Monday evening south of Watson is that of Willow Long. The death appears to be a homicide. The autopsy is ongoing.

The Effingham County State's Attorney has confirmed 22-year-old Justin DeRyke of Watson is arrested in connection with the murder of 7-year-old Willow Long. DeRyke is Willow's maternal uncle.

The state's attorney will file first-degree murder charges against DeRyke Wednesday afternoon in Effingham County Circuit Court. Additional charges may be filed later.

http://www.wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13024.shtml

Wait... just had a thought. JD was at a prime age of mental illness showing up. MAYBE something along that line? Would be the only thing that makes sense to me. Grandfather seem to suspect something from the word go...if JD had been showing early signs that 'something' wasn't right, but they weren't sure the severity or what it was...might make sense.

Just thinking of that because I know if you asked my husband about something, our son would be last he would suspect of causing a child to disappear. Why was JD's father so quick to think otherwise?

This could also explain why he did not get into the Navy as planned. However, mental health issues do not equate to murder. I am wary of stereotypes.

Which community and what references? Do you have a link? Respectfully, IMOO...I really think satanism is a bit much. I don't think smoking some pot would cause one to hallucinate that a child is satan and feel the need to kill said child. IMOO

Thanks, LucyOso - I grew up in that area & still have a massive operating farm there & I have no idea of the satanism inferred . . .

Yeah, meth, lots of pot, K2/bath salts when available, but please, respectfully, unless you live there or have knowledge of the place, the opinion of Satanism is way off! (not the one I have quoted but for those who think "Satan Worship" is at hand)

:rockon:

The uncle didn't have much going for him. He's a HS dropout, had some interest in Islam which is likely why he wasn't accepted by the military and had some very young girls as friends. I knew when I came upon some of his info yesterday that he was likely a POI. They manner in which LE conducted this suggests they knew fairly early on.

The uncle didn't have much going for him. He's a HS dropout, had some interest in Islam which is likely why he wasn't accepted by the military and had some very young girls as friends. I knew when I came upon some of his info yesterday that he was likely a POI. They manner in which LE conducted this suggests they knew fairly early on.

Having an interest in Islam is not a negative at all. I wish more people would learn about the real religion rather than the twisted one that the terrorists promote. He went to university, he had a job, he was in a relationship, al normal things for his age. The very young girls does make me think my theory of pedophilia may be accurate but from the outside i see few negatives

The fact he got his GED doesn't tell me anything negative as many many have done so because the school isn't offering enough and they want to get to college faster. He went to two universities.

perps google page has a youtube link on it....some weird videos he watched --- nothing too out of the ordinary though. then on his google page from aug. 19th he has a "clean cut" looking pic, also mentions on google that he is waiting for basic training (navy), attending devry, in a relationship.

here's the link to the posts on his google page: https://plus.google.com/100374980361031028662/posts

fyi: the "emo" hair cut was posted over a year ago (aug. 2012)

I would die a slow death before I would purchase alcohol or drugs for my kids. And my kids are now adults. But I have seen - and experienced - the most horrific things due to drug and alcohol abuse...and I wouldn't condone it due to principle.

Why not leave the drugs and alcohol alone...and learn to enjoy life the right way: Sober.

(I know I'm a tough knot about this issue. Others are probably not so much....its ok)

I think Silky's comment was purely rhetorical. I, too, have seen the devastation for drugs and alcohol. I do agree with Silky about the point natural marijuana (not laced) would be a lot better then synthetics any day.

I guess the main thing I dislike about this brother is that he is apparently a child murderer. And because of that, I think we all are searching for anything that would have led to this...or could have caused this...or would have warned us that something bad was about to happen.

I know potheads who never commit any other crimes...and I also have seen a few "normal, upstanding" people who have blown my mind with the terrible devastations they render. And that makes life hard to understand....

Having an interest in Islam is not a negative at all. I wish more people would learn about the real religion rather than the twisted one that the terrorists promote. He went to university, he had a job, he was in a relationship, al normal things for his age. The very young girls does make me think my theory of pedophilia may be accurate but from the outside i see few negatives

The fact he got his GED doesn't tell me anything negative as many many have done so because the school isn't offering enough and they want to get to college faster. He went to two universities.

Thanks, Silky. I agree with all above including your awareness and sensitivity of other religions. And I appreciate your sense to know a few radicals don't adequately portray an entire group. I also know many GED holders, myself included, who are professionals. After we get a college degree or two under our belts no one thinks much of it. High School is not for everyone, but, it certainly does not mean that those who opt for a GED are wandering a bad path.

I think people who commit horrendous crimes come in all sizes/shapes/demeanors, some do drugs and some don't while some drug users can be on everything they can get their hands on and act completely normal and never commit murder. I mean just look at some of the cases here and how on the outside many of them look and seem completely normal. While as all of us know, some of our creepiest looking friends/acquaintances wouldn't ever hurt a fly. I don't think we can judge his "brain" by the way he looks or the drugs he uses/doesn't use. just my opinion. The best judgement I think we all get is our instincts. I wanted to see her found safely so badly. It really breaks my heart. I am just so grateful they found her body and have the suspect in jail.

I keep thinking back to the mom not feeling well after already being awake. If she suddenly felt ill has anyone considered he had planned this whole thing and actually gave the mom something to make her sick?

I'm thinking a GED is the most likely reason he didn't get into the military. My son didn't drop out and got his diploma for this very reason. He wants to be a Marine.

Also, the asvab test is not simple. Many take it several times before passing. My son has taken it twice. In school he was allowed to use a calculator to solve math problems. The military, afaik, does not let you use a calculator when taking the asvab. He's currently learning to solve math problems on paper so he can pass.

ETA: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/faqged.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member