GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of old, but is "ice" still used to refer to crystal meth?

I've been digging into the Uncle's past all morning. He doesn't have ANY arrests for drugs or signs or symbols of drugs on any of his social media- and this guy has a lot of social media.

And, I know what you are thinking- people wouldn't be dumb enough to post drug related things on their social media. But, they are. I have a relative who smokes marijuana. Every single day, she puts something on her facebook with with Bob Marley, a pot leaf, etc. Sometimes, she even posts a photo she took of her bag of weed. She's 22.

The only mention of drugs in relation to JR and CR has been by posters on the facebook pages.. I can't rely on them. They may know JR and CR personally and they may not.

BBM--Only if they hadn't followed the Alanna Gallagher case. Basically all of the murderer's Facebook posts were about pot, or showed him smoking pot.

(I agree that I'm not sure why we're jumping to 'drugs kill' so fast with this one, other than the guy having a goofy haircut.)

I've been digging into the Uncle's past all morning. He doesn't have ANY arrests for drugs or signs or symbols of drugs on any of his social media- and this guy has a lot of social media.

And, I know what you are thinking- people wouldn't be dumb enough to post drug related things on their social media. But, they are. I have a relative who smokes marijuana. Every single day, she puts something on her facebook with with Bob Marley, a pot leaf, etc. Sometimes, she even posts a photo she took of her bag of weed. She's 22.

The only mention of drugs in relation to JR and CR has been by posters on the facebook pages.. I can't rely on them. They may know JR and CR personally and they may not.

Honestly i think this kid was a kid who had everything going his way in almost every area of his life. I am thinking pedophile who never acted on it before but did this time and killed out of fear of being told on.

Frankly most of these cases end up as sexual assault cases as well but generally there is a history if the person is older. This seems to me to be a first timer. *not talking what may be on his puter etc). Pedophiles come in all shapes and sizes, all sorts of income levels, from clean cut to regular young men to the dirty old men.

I don't see anything suggesting drugs in his history at all.

I just feel numb...no not really numb because I'm angry! I'm sad! I'm heartbroken! But I'm not surprised. I want to cry, but no tears. I hate this! WHY? WHY? WHY? It NEVER should happen! Yet sadly we know it does. It will NEVER make sense, no matter what the defense is. NEVER will there be a reason to MURDER a child! UGH!

I'll remember you dear Willow each and every time I ride the new horse named "Willow". I won't forget you. I just wish you could ride Willow with me. :(

Or him disciplining her for something and it got out of control. Maybe a series of missteps and bad choices down a slippery slope.

Then you think there would be loud voices that would wake the Mom up.

I wonder how long this uncle had been living in the house.

There doesn't seem to be a big window of opportunity for the crime and transportation if indeed the kids were fed breakfast at 7 a.m. ish.

Any vehicles impounded?

BBM--Only if they hadn't followed the Alanna Gallagher case. Basically all of the murderer's Facebook posts were about pot, or showed him smoking pot.

(I agree that I'm not sure why we're jumping to 'drugs kill' so fast with this one, other than the guy having a goofy haircut.)

BBM. Thank you. I totally agree. Maybe we just need to to blame something or find a reason why someone would do something so senseless. But, I don't think drugs are a one-sized fits all rationale. Beware of goofy haircuts...they are a gateway...LOL.

There is an 8 year old girl from Yemen who died while having sex with her husband. Internal injuries.

JD is very tall. Did he cut his hair for his mugshot? At least he is not smiling like so many of them do.

Synthetics cause people to have psychotic breaks and hallucinate. I sincerely doubt he could be so organized if he had a break on synthetics. He would be truly acting out and it would be obvious.

I think the little boy could indicate by pictures or words what happened, i am sure that he must have had some kind of name for the uncle.

He's her uncle, and I think a lot of us want to make this situation the least awful we can in our minds... But he was charged with first degree murder. It could just be because she's so young, but for a first degree charge I would think it would have to be a lot more than an accident and covering it up.

I, like all of you, am completely heartbroken over this. I don't know what to think about mom or anything else right now. I just know that if she isn't at fault she probably won't sleep another full night for the rest of her life. My heart goes out to the innocent family members and friends... I'm sure it was from the person they least suspected and they've been blindsided.

Ice would be the commercial meth from Mexico. Usually meth is made in hap-hazard labs in the states.

Thank you. So Ice would be the good stuff. You know what I mean......:facepalm:

I need to brush up on my drug speak....

Well if I used marijuana, I think I could smoke right now. Gosh these cases against kids get me.

He's her uncle, and I think a lot of us want to make this situation the least awful we can in our minds... But he was charged with first degree murder. It could just be because she's so young, but for a first degree charge I would think it would have to be a lot more than an accident and covering it up.

I, like all of you, am completely heartbroken over this. I don't know what to think about mom or anything else right now. I just know that if she isn't at fault she probably won't sleep another full night for the rest of her life. My heart goes out to the innocent family members and friends... I'm sure it was from the person they least suspected and they've been blindsided.

Yes, he is the maternal uncle. Her mother's brother.

Wait... just had a thought. JD was at a prime age of mental illness showing up. MAYBE something along that line? Would be the only thing that makes sense to me. Grandfather seem to suspect something from the word go...if JD had been showing early signs that 'something' wasn't right, but they weren't sure the severity or what it was...might make sense.

Just thinking of that because I know if you asked my husband about something, our son would be last he would suspect of causing a child to disappear. Why was JD's father so quick to think otherwise?

BBM. Thank you. I totally agree. Maybe we just need to to blame something or find a reason why someone would do something so senseless. But, I don't think drugs are a one-sized fits all rationale.

Most of the time we want something to make us feel like it could never happen in our family which is why drugs is often jumped to or blame of the mother, something to say that it wouldn't happen to us because they obviously didn't parent right, or did drugs if it was another person in or out of the family.

To often we forget that the most normal families have hidden secrets or at least individuals in them do. I bet many posters here who were abused had people thinking there parents and life were totally normal from the outside.

You can be the greatest family in the world and not be safe from one sick individual who covers it up. That is a scary thought though so we look to put blame elsewhere.

I feel so sorry for this mom, she did what thousands, millions do, had a nap while feeling ill after ensuring her kids were settled with breakfast and a movie. I bet she had no clue her brother would do this.

I think its a great argument for legalizing pot and outlawing synthetic pot. The one is no more deleterious than alcohol while the other kills. Because its legal or just becomes illegal after a while then they make a new strain, its killing our kids who don't realize how much worse it is than pot. I would buy pot for kids just to stop them using the synthetic if i could

I would die a slow death before I would purchase alcohol or drugs for my kids. And my kids are now adults. But I have seen - and experienced - the most horrific things due to drug and alcohol abuse...and I wouldn't condone it due to principle.

Why not leave the drugs and alcohol alone...and learn to enjoy life the right way: Sober.

(I know I'm a tough knot about this issue. Others are probably not so much....its ok)

Yes, he is the maternal uncle. Her mother's brother.

Which makes it even sadder. I can't imagine losing my child, and knowing my brother was responsible. I don't know how these families deal with this. Just awful!

So I think I missed if LE was holding a presser today and also whether they would discuss the autopsy findings.........

Anyone know?

Wait... just had a thought. JD was at a prime age of mental illness showing up. MAYBE something along that line? Would be the only thing that makes sense to me. Grandfather seem to suspect something from the word go...if JD had been showing early signs that 'something' wasn't right, but they weren't sure the severity or what it was...might make sense.

Just thinking of that because I know if you asked my husband about something, our son would be last he would suspect of causing a child to disappear. Why was JD's father so quick to think otherwise?

I don';t think he was, he just knew Willow and knew she wouldn't have gone off on her own. So obviously someone disappeared her, i doubt he had any more idea than the mom who did it. Almost all of us thought it was not a voluntary disappearance very quickly, no reason for the granddad to think it was especially knowing her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste