GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Effingham County State’s Attorney says Justin D. DeRyke of Watson, Il has been arrested for the murder of Willow Long.
DeRyke is Long’s uncle, according to officials. In a news release Tuesday, State’s Attorney Bryan Kibler said an autopsy confirmed the identity of Long after her body was found Monday night by volunteer searchers.

says charges will be filed tomorrow (pending results of autopsy to see if other charges will be added :-(

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/10/suspect-being-held-for-suspicion-of-murder/

Quick question...one article states, "Officials are not stating whether or not this arrest was made in connection to the Willow Long case". For those who follow these cases a lot, is this just legal speak, or is there a possibility he indeed may not have been arrested for this? Thanks!

http://www.wthitv.com/web/wthitv/news/crime/pd-charges-out-of-watson-illinois

Would also want to know how he can be charged with 1st degree murder, if the body has not been positively identified? Wonder if he has a history?

Waiting now to see time and cause of death.

I feel so much for these grandparents. To know that one of your children killed one of your grandchildren.....Lord, bless them. Life as they know it is over.

Hahaha. Respectfully, my daughter looks like this and has a head full of piercings, as do many of her friends. They do look ripped all the time, except all of them are overachievers, in university and in the honors colleges at those universities, and are set to graduate by age 19-20 with Bachelors degrees. That hairstyle is pretty common in that age group and younger and it could just be a hairstyle/look. I must say, when my daughter and I go out, people peg her as a druggie, drop out, etc. Jaws drop when she blows their stereotypes and perceptions out of the water...LOL.

Aww, my 15 year old daughter and her friends look like this too. :) They are all "emo", and are they are all very kind, a bit silly sometimes, most are quite smart and hardworking (if lucky enough to find a job around here!), and the worst I know of any of them doing is smoking a joint. No drinking, no hard drugs, and most are all vegan or veg because of a great compassion for animals.

Thought I'd share also. Looks can be very deceiving!

no, but synthetics might...

(I have no idea if that has anything to do with this case but synthetics are among the few drugs I legit have no qualms about calling them poison. Those of you who have seen me post a lot know that most of the time I say stuff like, "Oh it isn't the drug that is bad, it's the uncertainty about what you are getting" and so on but not synthetics.)

Bath salts?

Some asked earlier if steam games can be deleted. I have never been able to delete a game from the steam library. Uninstall yes, but the name remains on the list. Also, as ArianeEmory said, Steam will log in automatically at start up if you have it set to do so (mine does).

I think,once again LE knew far more than was revealed to the public.

The info about the little brother crying and crying is new to me.

If he has First Degree, that means that he planned it, right?

I wonder if he was doing things with her that he should not?

Absolutely. LE stated the mother and uncle were home when Willow went missing and the mother was taking a nap. They never told us what the uncle was doing when she went missing. Some speculated he was taking a nap too but then why wouldn't LE have said that? I guess we know why now-----he wasn't and they were focusing in on him.

Hahaha. Respectfully, my daughter looks like this and has a head full of piercings, as do many of her friends. They do look ripped all the time, except all of them are overachievers, in university and in the honors colleges at those universities, and are set to graduate by age 19-20 with Bachelors degrees. That hairstyle is pretty common in that age group and younger and it could just be a hairstyle/look. I must say, when my daughter and I go out, people peg her as a druggie, drop out, etc. Jaws drop when she blows their stereotypes and perceptions out of the water...LOL.

My teenage son wears his hair this way ,,I was talking about his eyes half closed, puffy, and glowing like a Christmas tree,,,again:twocents:

Aww, my 15 year old daughter and her friends look like this too. :) They are all "emo", and are they are all very kind, a bit silly sometimes, most are quite smart and hardworking (if lucky enough to find a job around here!), and the worst I know of any of them doing is smoking a joint. No drinking, no hard drugs, and most are all vegan or veg because of a great compassion for animals.

Thought I'd share also. Looks can be very deceiving!

My 8 year old granddaughter wanted the "emo" look a few weeks ago. We shut her down real fast! Pretty soon she is going to lose computer privileges!

Would also want to know how he can be charged with 1st degree murder, if the body has not been positively identified? Wonder if he has a history?

afaik, he has not been charged yet. That will happen in court tomorrow. I'm sure LE knows the ID. They just are being careful by dotting their i's and crossing their T's.

from your link:

TUESDAY 12PM UPDATE: We have confirmed that Willow Long's Uncle, Justin D. Deryke (Dee-Rike), is in custody in the Effingham County Jail, being held on a count of First Degree Murder in 7-year old Willow's death. DeRyke's initial court appearance will be at 1pm Wednesday in Effingham County Circuit Court. Effingham County State's Attorney Bryan Kibler said a press conference will follow the hearing. We will be there, and have coverage on the radio, and online.

just to be clear, those are death penalty aggravators, not the elements of the crime.

Thank you. That's what I meant to post. I also meant to spell "statute" correctly.

That's what I get for doing too many things at once!

has anyone heard from any of the local's or anyone that knew the uncle. I don't have facebook or twitter. Is the aunt still posting?

I feel so sorry for the family of this sweet little girl.

Spice is still heavily used in the area. (I am somewhat local to this case as is KrimeKat, who posted about the general area earlier)

Wonder if he has a history of sexually abusing Willow and she was becoming a threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste